Hot Dog (Ny Style) Stand At Nana Bts Station?

maxme

having read this topic and forgotten about it completely, I got off the sky train at nana today after picking up my kid from school and, lo and behold, there it was: Superbdog, a blue and yellow stand on the soi 11 side near the even soi stairs.

Chili Dog 85 baht, one each for myself and the bin lid.

We ventured home to eat them and in mid nosh the ex and her husband stopped in to pick up the kid for the weekend.

After one bite of the kids dog, he, an american, was off to pick up 3 more.

They are good, really good. Superb in fact.

that is a bad thing, because i certainly don't need the temptation daily on the school run

For those non-luddites amongst us https://www.facebook.com/pages/Superbdog/508285572548468?ref=stream

I have one on the coffee table in front of me for later.

Edited by candypants
  • Like 2

the reserve dog was good too, even 3 hours later.

Much better than the firehouse chilidog offering and cheaper.

that said, they are different animals, superbdogs are smaller and the chili is more of a condiment than a genuine face burning chili

Edited by candypants

• 2 months later...

the reserve dog was good too, even 3 hours later.

Much better than the firehouse chilidog offering and cheaper.

that said, they are different animals, superbdogs are smaller and the chili is more of a condiment than a genuine face burning chili

I was there yesterday and grabbed 3 dogs myself. I have to admit, I did enjoy them, the price however seems pretty steep... yet, if you are craving hot dogs, this is the place to go to.

• 2 weeks later...

head over to "Corn Dog Dude" located at K village, great selection of "American style hog dogs", including Corn dogs, free soda re-fills and deep fried oreos!!

What and where is K Village?

Sukhumvit 26 just before Big C

• Like 1

head over to "Corn Dog Dude" located at K village, great selection of "American style hog dogs", including Corn dogs, free soda re-fills and deep fried oreos!!

This place is on my list, but deep fried Oreos?? Do they come with your own defibrillator?

• Like 2

Superbdog at BTS Nana makes awesome NY style hot dogs. Great homemade chili and love to watch how they prepare their dogs. They pay attention to the details. You can customize your dog so you can have it anyway you want. Fantastic all beef hot dogs in a natural case. Try it you'll love it!!

• 3 weeks later...

Admittedly, I'm not a big fan of hot dogs in general...

But I tried one from the Nana Station shop a while back...with the chili topping.

I thought the chili was quite good, even to the point of wondering about asking for a bowl or cup of it from them solo (though I doubt they'd do that.). Their chili kind of reminded me of Tommy's burgers chili from Los Angeles.

But the hot dog itself tasted pretty much like any ordinary boiled hot dog I've had elsewhere in the past, and certainly not the same as some of the "premium" dogs I've had thru the years.

The place doesn't rate for me anywhere on the excitement meter, though it's an interesting choice and business venture for Bangkok. Whenever I go by there, they seem to be doing very little business, even at meal hours.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Admittedly, I'm not a big fan of hot dogs in general...

But I tried one from the Nana Station shop a while back...with the chili topping.

I thought the chili was quite good, even to the point of wondering about asking for a bowl or cup of it from them solo (though I doubt they'd do that.). Their chili kind of reminded me of Tommy's burgers chili from Los Angeles.

But the hot dog itself tasted pretty much like any ordinary boiled hot dog I've had elsewhere in the past, and certainly not the same as some of the "premium" dogs I've had thru the years.

The place doesn't rate for me anywhere on the excitement meter, though it's an interesting choice and business venture for Bangkok. Whenever I go by there, they seem to be doing very little business, even at meal hours.

Fast forward a year, and the hot dog stand at Nana BTS has disappeared in the past few weeks. First, the stand was left there closed and unstaffed. And in the past week or so, the entire stand itself has been removed.

Dunno if they've relocated elsewhere or gone out of business. Their website says they have/had other locations at both Ploenchit and Thonglor, but I haven't been by either of the other two locations lately to see.

http://superbdog.com/soi-nana-bts-location/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...