Iranian Suspect Tells Thai Court 'stunned' To Find Bombs

webfact

Better check your cupboards everyone. In addition to coat-hangers and the usual discarded rubbish previous tenants are leaving behind radios filled with explosives. I guess they forgot them when they were packing up.

I've seen photos taken from street cameras where one of the guys is bringing two of those radios to the house. Since I am not part of the Thai criminal justice system nor will I serve on a jury, I will say without any doubt in my mind that these guys were up to no good by having bombs and throwing bombs. They are bad people and need to deported back to Iran and blacklisted. It is only luck that the taxi driver and police and schoolchildren were not injured.

"....need to be deported ....and blacklisted." Not quite. If found guilty, they need to be thrown in a Thai prison for a very long time. Unless, we have PT/Yingluck/Thaksin/Red Shirt style judgement, and then they'll be forgiven or, at worst, allowed to sally back to Iran - probably to a hero's welcome.

• Like 1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If convicted, they are subject to punishment in Thailand. I would think simple deportation would be more apt in case they are NOT convicted.

What conviction ? It's clear from the OP that this guy is a hero.coffee1.gif

coffee1.gif The conviction for attempted murder and possessing explosives which I would be shocked if that doesn't happen.coffee1.gif

Quote - "The penalty for attempted murder and possessing explosives... will probably be quite severe

I say probably because if you are the son of a Deputy Prime minister or an energy drinks heir it probably wouldn't be.

The energy drink heir hasn't accused of attempted murder or possessing explosives so that's probably irrelevant.

Quote - "The penalty for attempted murder and possessing explosives... will probably be quite severe

I say probably because if you are the son of a Deputy Prime minister or an energy drinks heir it probably wouldn't be.

The energy drink heir hasn't accused of attempted murder or possessing explosives so that's probably irrelevant.

It was not meant to be taken literally. The BiB are pressuring the prosecutor to drop the charges of drunk driving and speeding. That's why they wisely took the blood test almost 12 hours after the accident to make it irrelevant. The attempt of the police to present a scapegoat (the family driver instead of Little Bull) was quietly abandoned. That he did a runner is not an aggravating circumstance in Thailand and as he already paid some cash to the victim's family and made a nice wai there is not much left to warrant a hefty jail term. It will be 2 years suspended - the Thai Joke Package, same as for little Honda and choleric Benz.

• Like 1

If convicted, they are subject to punishment in Thailand. I would think simple deportation would be more apt in case they are NOT convicted.

What conviction ? It's clear from the OP that this guy is a hero.coffee1.gif

coffee1.gif The conviction for attempted murder and possessing explosives which I would be shocked if that doesn't happen.coffee1.gif

I wouldn't be shocked or even surprised if there's not a conviction for a serious charge. I predict he'll be found guilty of a lesser charge or let off ('lack of evidence'), put in prison for a while until authorities think it's pretty much blown over, and then quietly allow the culprits to slip out of the country and back to Iran. There's too much pressure by Iran on Thai authorities, for Thai officialdom to not kowtow and find ways to let the bombers off easy. Quite likely, that there are connections to higher-up Iranian operatives, so it makes complete sense for the Iranians to obfuscate - as they doing. They certainly won't allow the woman suspect to come to Thailand to answer questions. It's almost funny that when the story first broke, Iranian authorities piped up and said they would do all they could to assist investigations. Yea, "do all the could" means; do all they can to squash any meaningful investigation.

I would guess that the Israeli's will be following this case and what happens with the accused for a very long time. Thailand will have to wait a long time for this to just blow over. Israel has a very, very long memory.

• Like 2

But ... the guy hopping out of the police van giving a V sign kinda contradicts the legless hero's claims!!! Like the smiling bomber in Bali, the V man has no remorse, so despatch him immediately, but the legless guy should spend time (about a lifetime) thinking about how stupid he really is. Footnote - love to see how he handles the squat starting block toilet in the Bangkok Hilton.

Footnote Thats a bit cruel