Thailand Approves Layout For Formula 1 Circuit

webfact

All i ever see in the comments on this forum is whinging farang. We've got a saying in Aus 'don't love it leave'.

So you yourself don't love Aus then?

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

I think you missed the point buddy Edited by bangerslover
  • Like 1

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is much closer to reality than most of you might expect. The major reason due to Red Bull wanting it to happen. Don't forget, Red Bull is half-owned by a Thai, and its mainly his push for this to happen here, and he's got major influence in the FIA, and he's going to be sponsoring it as well. F1 has already been staged at many major city circuits, Melbourne, Adelaide, Monte Carlo, Phoenix, and most significantly, Singapore City. If Singapore can close down its entire town center for four days, why can't Bangkok?

Singapore doesnt close down the entire town centre. The circuit is mainly just around the Marina area. There are also excellent public transport facilities to the track and an effective traffic management system in the immediate vicinity.

Will they have to stop and pay police bribes for driving too fast? biggrin.png

Past experience would suggest they will be keeping well away from ferraris travelling at 200 km/h smile.png

I can't imagine the traffic mayhem. Roads will be closed for 2 weeks or so, not to mention the millions spent repairing parts of the road. Glad I don't live anywhere near that area:)

• Like 2

All i ever see in the comments on this forum is whinging farang. We've got a saying in Aus 'don't love it leave'.

So you yourself don't love Aus then?

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

I think you missed the point buddy

Tourist?

• Like 2

Would be great to see Thailand hold such an event on the world stage, but another street circuit, yawn.

Look what they did in Austin Texas, great circuit and places to actually over take instead of a boring race like Monaco and Singapore.

• Like 1

This is much closer to reality than most of you might expect. The major reason due to Red Bull wanting it to happen. Don't forget, Red Bull is half-owned by a Thai, and its mainly his push for this to happen here, and he's got major influence in the FIA, and he's going to be sponsoring it as well. F1 has already been staged at many major city circuits, Melbourne, Adelaide, Monte Carlo, Phoenix, and most significantly, Singapore City. If Singapore can close down its entire town center for four days, why can't Bangkok?

Of the top of my head I'd say because Singapore is a small city with a very comprehensive subway system, you can get practically anywhere hopping on a train and having a short stroll at either end.

Will there be a policeman chicane with them lined up in it ready to die for their country??

How will they keep the dogs out?

Of the top of my head I'd say because Singapore is a small city with a very comprehensive subway system, you can get practically anywhere hopping on a train and having a short stroll at either end.

Not to mention perfect roads, manicured lawns litter free and full of people who can drive reasonably well, also dog free.

This will definitely happen, and most likely be a great success. Too many whinging farangs on here who think Thais can't do things. But all the farangs on here can do is constantly whine and whinge. Don't you have anything better to do with your lives?

Be fair, we dont think it, we KNOW it!!

Edited by rattler

Singapore didnt close the entire down centre. Malls like suntec and marina square was still open. Even offices were still open. It's a weekend. And it's still far from shenton which is still the main CBD. As far as traffic in Singapore is concerned. That stretch of road which they closed is not as busy as it always is.

Unlike in bkk. Hmm ....

• Like 1

Approval given to Bangkok’s Formula One racing route

f1.jpg?itok=bBMZUAoR

Bangkok has given the green light to a Formula One racing route, which will host the city’s first Formula One race in 2015.

According to Kanokphand Chulakasem, governor of the Sports Authority of Thailand, a group of experts selected a 5.995-kilometer route that will take racers on a tour of Bangkok’s central landmarks, including the Grand Palace, Temple of Dawn and Victory Monument.

The Royal Dock Yard will serve as the race’s beginning and endpoint.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/04/26/approval-given-bangkok%E2%80%99s-formula-one-racing-route

cocon.jpg

-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-04-26

What a crock BS experts ... Bangkok is the wrong place for F1 Phuket is the right place ...

Approval given to Bangkok’s Formula One racing route

f1.jpg?itok=bBMZUAoR

Bangkok has given the green light to a Formula One racing route, which will host the city’s first Formula One race in 2015.

According to Kanokphand Chulakasem, governor of the Sports Authority of Thailand, a group of experts selected a 5.995-kilometer route that will take racers on a tour of Bangkok’s central landmarks, including the Grand Palace, Temple of Dawn and Victory Monument.

The Royal Dock Yard will serve as the race’s beginning and endpoint.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/04/26/approval-given-bangkok%E2%80%99s-formula-one-racing-route

[cnb]2013-04-26

I hope by looking at the picture in this post they didn't get the idea that this is the usual way F1 cars are used.

Anyone know how many railroad crossing are included in the circuit ?

Edited by jbrain

This will definitely happen, and most likely be a great success. Too many whinging farangs on here who think Thais can't do things. But all the farangs on here can do is constantly whine and whinge. Don't you have anything better to do with your lives?

Be fair, we dont think it, we KNOW it!!

Correct!. The people to whom davejones and bangerslover refer as "whingeing farangs" are in actual fact, for the most part, people who have spent some serious time in this country and seen just how some of the major projects announced by various government and other organizations actually pan out.

Let's call it being realistic.

No need to mention the myriad scams and schemes already costing billions of baht but sometimes the Thais in positions of power have the habit of making grandiose statements before all the red lights have gone out.

The logistics of holding a F1 Grand Prix in the vicinity of Wat Pra Kaeow akaThe Grand Palace, Sanam Luang and the Ratchadamnoen Democracy Monument area are staggering.

I am a great fan of F1 and enjoy all the races at all the venues, but a street race in Bangkok, a huge metropolis with major traffic problems, a not-too well organized public transit system and poor roadways means the costs will be massive and the inconveniences to the average citizen enormous.

However this is the land of Smiles, so let's wait and see what transpires over the next few months.

After all Race day is less than 2 years away. Not much time, but hey, this Thailand..

• Like 2

So, in 2015 I don't need to go to Monte Carlo for a city F1 race. Cool! May I suggest a time in the rainy season. That makes it much more interesting for spectators :-)

Because singapore is organised.

Adelaide used to have it, it took 5 weeks to set up and 2 to pull down. So you're looking at nearly 2 months of even worse chaos than exists in that part of tour now.

If the F1 oganisers had any brains they'd never allow it to be here, plus I'm pretty sure some city has to LOSE it, so either Singapore or KL would have to be really messing it up? (just my thoughts).

Y does some city have to lose it? I know u onlt said you were pretty sure.. could you possible do some research and enlighten me?