Makro Carpark

GaoYuk

If you keep kids for 12 years at school and they cannot even spell their name properly then you have been breeding the next generation of carpark attendants, door openers and other decorative postings on the inactive side of life.
Thousands of watchmen etc. would be out of a job so just live with it. The brunt of the heat will flash in on December 31st, 2015 .... or a few years later on; just wait and see! AEC is around the corner 8-)

I once lost that ticket (well one of my kids) and after 20 mins was allowed to leave - the management at Tesco's wanted to see proof of ownership of my car, like you would keep those documents in the car!!! anyway I had a couple of pictures on my phone with me and the car and that did the trick!!! so yes all about theft!

You lost one of your kids, but after 20 minutes they let you leave? Did you find your kid, or just satisfied with the photo of them? LOL

my wife mention the ticket is more of a security purpose, for example; if a customer were to pilfer or steal products out of the

store it would give security more of a chance to stop them at the departure gate.

Why do they need to use the barcode reader when you have 12 items identical, why not read one and enter x12, noooooooo thats to easy, they have to unpack the trolley one peice at a time and read the barcode on every peice........unbelivable ! Thailand always amazes you.

Edited by CharlieH

Why do they need to use the barcode reader when you have 12 items identical, why not read one and enter x12, noooooooo thats to easy, they have to unpack the trolley one peice at a time and read the barcode on every peice........unbelivable ! Thailand always amazes you.....lol

I'd prefer them to scan every item than risk them counting identical items (can they do this without a calculator ?).

Why do they need to use the barcode reader when you have 12 items identical, why not read one and enter x12, noooooooo thats to easy, they have to unpack the trolley one peice at a time and read the barcode on every peice........unbelivable ! Thailand always amazes you.

Because so many items look identical at first glance and a good scanner operator can scan 12 items faster than they can compare them by looking at the labels.

What amazes me is how many people jump immediately to "Thai incompetence" when something is simply out of their experience.

Yes, they have a good reason for giving you a card when you park, and it's for your own protection, and yes, it is perfectly appropriate to scan 12 items that appear identical at first glance.

Unbelievable.

• Like 1

Because so many items look identical at first glance and a good scanner operator can scan 12 items faster than they can compare them by looking at the labels.

What amazes me is how many people jump immediately to "Thai incompetence" when something is simply out of their experience.

Yes, they have a good reason for giving you a card when you park, and it's for your own protection, and yes, it is perfectly appropriate to scan 12 items that appear identical at first glance.

Unbelievable.

if you look at the big sign in the parking lot you can read that that card is to keep count on how many cars there are in the parking lot , for safety perhaps but it would also be pretty easy to make a few of those cards yourself

my wife mention the ticket is more of a security purpose, for example; if a customer were to pilfer or steal products out of the

store it would give security more of a chance to stop them at the departure gate.

and how would that work the cards got no number on them , and i do not think they are gonna make a big effort to stop a car in case they might get runover or something worse

and how would that work the cards got no number on them , and i do not think they are gonna make a big effort to stop a car in case they might get runover or something worse

I doubt they'll try to stop anyone, nor would I expect them to. But a quick call to the cops certainly improves the chances of recovering a car quickly. And if the cards are used with security cameras, they instantly have a photo of the driver, the plate number and a description of the vehicle.

I can think of several other reasons for the cards, and you brought up a good one- to count parking spaces. And to figure out how much time the average shopper stays in the mall. And of course, to slow down car thieves just long enough to take down some info and call the po-po before they get 20 miles away.

But just like I have never seen a hotel post a sign saying "we have installed security cameras because we had 3 rapes in rooms last week", I don't expect the malls to post a sign "The cards are meant to reduce the massive number of cars that are stolen every week from this very lot" Counting parking spots sounds much safer and warmer and fuzzier, though that can easily be done by the toll gates on entry and exit...

Edited by impulse

Head Office instructions? Dahhhhhhhhhh ! Who actually cares? One lady at the exit point always but ALWAYS generously gives my 2.5 yr toddler a gift (her apple, her candy or whatever) when said daughter gives that lady the exit card. Wonderful experience for daughter regardless ! Good job Makro !

• Like 1

I once lost that ticket (well one of my kids) and after 20 mins was allowed to leave - the management at Tesco's wanted to see proof of ownership of my car, like you would keep those documents in the car!!! anyway I had a couple of pictures on my phone with me and the car and that did the trick!!! so yes all about theft!

You lost one of your kids, but after 20 minutes they let you leave? Did you find your kid, or just satisfied with the photo of them? LOL

lol well if you got kids you know they ALWAYS find their way back!! Damn.... lol