Visa Extension For Thai

This is a question on my mother's behalf. She usually enters Thailand with her Swedish passport. When she enters on a tourist visa 60 days and extends it at Pattaya immigration they give her one year, on the grounds that she originates from Thailand. Do you know if it works the same way if she enters with the visa exemption 30 days and apply for an extension?

That is an extension under 2.23 of police order 777/2551 and does not require any special visa entry so it should be available on a visa exempt entry also but if only 90 days or less perhaps a non immigrant O visa would be better as no airline issues for travel. Is there some reason she does have use a Thai passport (other country not allow dual nationality?).

It take 30 mins and 1000 baht to get a new passport. Sent 3 days later...

If applied for in Thailand. At the consular section of the Thai embassy in Sweden or another country it may take up to five weeks but if she has the time it will definitely be worthwhile getting the Thai passport before her next visit to Thailand.

I don't think they're too keen letting her in based on a passport from the 1970's.

if she has her Thai ID it won't be a problem for her to get a new Thai passport the next trip she comes to Thailand.

Of course she'll be travelling on her EU passport at the time, and will have to leave on the EU passport as well (given she has entered on it), but subsequently, she can use her Thai passport to enter and leave Thailand.

I don't think they're too keen letting her in based on a passport from the 1970's.

I don't know where you got the idea that the OP's mother has an expired passport issued in the 1970s but even if this were the case the passport would still be valid for a return trip to Thailand.

I don't know where you got the idea that the OP's mother has an expired passport issued in the 1970s but even if this were the case the passport would still be valid for a return trip to Thailand.

I think that was to OP...