I Am Going To Sell My Kawasaki Er6F 2011 Very Soon.

snowflake

Hi guys, after being home in Norway now for several months (summer holidays) I have decided to move back in August. So, I am selling my ER6F when I get back in the middle of May. It has never been down, and I will take it for its 18000km service when I get back. Need two new tires and a new chain so that will be sorted, unless someone will take it off me cheaper. I was thinking of selling it for around 175000thb.

I think that sounds like a fair price, I will post it in the sales section when I get back, but if anyone has a friend or want the older ER6f cheaply, it is just to send me a mail.

I live in NakhonSriThammarat but the bike is registered in Surat Thani. I will post pictures when it is out for sale.

Any thoughts about price or desirability?

If it is not sold, it is not the end of the world, it will just be here in Nakhon and it will be used as a vacation bike, so silly offers will be laced at.

Is it normal for the stock chain to last only 18k km?

Did he say the chain was worn out?

I think we can safely assume the old chain is worn out, otherwise why would the OP change it.

Edited by pokerkid
  • Like 1

I picked up a 2011 Ninja with brand new tires, pads, sprocket, chain, slip on, tail tidy, sports bars, with ~17k km on the clock for the same price. Other than 1 tiny hairline scratch on the tank from a zipper it is in perfect shape, I keep getting asked if it's new.

But, I would also say if you look on the Thai sites like Mocyc, CM-Club, etc etc, you see 2011's going for 190k+ so why not slap on the new tires and start off higher and be willing to settle for less?

I want to change the chain at the next service, which is when I get back to Thailand. Then new tires, I want the bike to be perfect when I sell it.

But this time, when I service it I will watch the guys at kawasaki with eagles eyes so that I will not have the same problems as I did with the cbr (such a waste of a brilliant bike)...

Pictures will come when I am back in Thailand, as I said...

• Like 2

So, question time...

I am back now, earlier than I thought... She started on the first push of the button, after two months of standing still..

My question now is, which tires should I put on her and which sprockets/ chain is best... Now bear in mind that I will sell her so I don't want to buy the most expensive I can find, it does not increase the price in my eyes...

I want something that will last a long time, something with good grip and is as good in wet weather as in dry weather.

Hope you guys can help me there...

So, question time...

I am back now, earlier than I thought... She started on the first push of the button, after two months of standing still..

My question now is, which tires should I put on her and which sprockets/ chain is best... Now bear in mind that I will sell her so I don't want to buy the most expensive I can find, it does not increase the price in my eyes...

I want something that will last a long time, something with good grip and is as good in wet weather as in dry weather.

Hope you guys can help me there...

9000 baht for Diablo 2 Rosso's that would be a great selling point. you would probably recoup most of the price on the tires & sell quickly.

At Show pow in BKK Mount & balance included or 250 to send by bus to wherever your at & about 400 to mount & balance at a tire shop that does bikes

I agree with others saying sell it how it is ,seems you would be looking at 15 k at least to buy the parts you want and with quite a few er 6 for sale it's debatable weather you'd get that back in the sale price.

Kawasaki has recently opened a showroom in My town, so the service will be done this week, then I will also order the chain and sprockets as I do not want to ride more on the ones I have, they are getting old... Then pictures at the end of the week.. Candy burned orange, it is such a lovely colour...

• 2 weeks later...

So, tomorrow it goes online for sale. It will be sold for 170k as is, the guy who wants it can haggle and I will give a tiny discount, just to get it out of my life before I decide to drag it with me ack to Norway..

So if you know anyone that wants a nice kawasaki Ninja650 2011 model, check out the classifieds tomorrow.

ps. This will be a pick up the bike from here in NST.

Look tomorrow!!