Organic Liquid Fertilizer?

A good Thai friend sells Amway and recommends Nutriplant NPK as a foliar fertilizer. I am just wondering if anyone on this forum has used it before. I tried the Amway site but it doesn't seems to be listed.

The problem with buying from a Multi-level company like Amway, you are paying a high price to support those up the "ladder"... wink.png

There are water soluble fertilizers available, that would do the same job for less...

Some thing to keep in mind is when applying foliar feed, that only 20% or so of the nutrients are absorbed, doing it that way.... better to feed the roots.... and make sure soil is moist first which ever way you apply it...

The amount of concentration will determine how often you need to apply too... For larger areas you will need to use a siphon mechanism or there will be a lot filling cans to apply... That of course depends on how many plants you are trying to feed... wink.png

Also there should be a back flow preventer if you are connected to a tap, to stop fertilizer getting into the water supply. (back flowing) ...

Hope that helps!

Edited by samuijimmy

Hi Samuijimmy,

Thank you very much for your reply and the info. you gave.

I'm a teacher by trade. My wife and I have a rai to play with for general gardening and some fruit and veggies.

The Amway product was a fish emulsion fertilizer and, your right, expensive. I found a "similar" product at my local garden market for a lot less.

I have been "surfing" about foliar v root fertilizer and there are a lot of different opinions about, so have been going with both.

Again, appreciate your advice and this forum.

Hi Samuijimmy,

Thank you very much for your reply and the info. you gave.

I'm a teacher by trade. My wife and I have a rai to play with for general gardening and some fruit and veggies.

The Amway product was a fish emulsion fertilizer and, your right, expensive. I found a "similar" product at my local garden market for a lot less.

I have been "surfing" about foliar v root fertilizer and there are a lot of different opinions about, so have been going with both.

Again, appreciate your advice and this forum.

Good luck with telling your friend you don't want to use their Amway product... to help them up the ladder... wink.png

Yes, lots of alternatives out there... thumbsup.gif The thing with fertilizing is know how often and which numbers (NPK) to apply at different stages of plant growth / production wink.png