Download Of Youtube, With What?

THAIPHUKET

I use YTD (youtubedownloader) there are several good ones out there actually.

Bit of trivia as the OP has a piano in it, the longest English word that can be made using just the letters from the musical scale (abcdefg) is cabbaged.

My non-techie/new to smartphones and tablets wife has been bothering me for a month for the ability to download YouTube videos to her Samsung tablet. She has turned into a YouTube junkie since getting the tablet (just loves looking at video on Thai Soap Show celebrities) and has hundreds of videos logged in her YouTube Favorites area. But to view the videos you need to be online...and some of the videos will disappear off YouTube when an uploader's account gets suspended probably due to uploading something they shouldn't have...the wife gets some upset when some of her Favorite YouTube video are no longer available.

Anyway, after doing some googling I kept coming across the App TubeMate that a lot of people like, and downloaded it from this Site since Google removed such app (apps that can download YouTube videos) from Google Play/Market. Super easy to use...it does come with some Ads but the Ads are not intrusive on the screen....and my non-techie wife has used it last night and today to download over a 100 videos with no problems. Yeap, the TubeMate App is definitely easy to use.

YOU DONT NEED ANYTHING TO DOWNLOAD YOUTUBEs!

Sorry, was gonna post this yesterday, but couldn't find the link...

OK, just start the youtube, R-click on it, then click on 'Pop out' in the dialogue box.

Then a smaller version of the youtube opens. R-click and click 'Save As'. Easy-peasy.

Well, this works with Chrome in Linux. No need to download from softpedia etc.

Cheers, AA

• Like 1

OK, just start the youtube, R-click on it, then click on 'Pop out' in the dialogue box.

Then a smaller version of the youtube opens. R-click and click 'Save As'. Easy-peasy.

Cheers, AA

I was able to save the file to "My Videos" file as you explained however when I double clicked on it to play it....it asked me what program I want to use to open it. I chose Windows Media Player and received this message "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

Any suggestions? I REALLY want this to work your way. It would be so easy!

Cheers, AA

I was able to save the file to "My Videos" file as you explained however when I double clicked on it to play it....it asked me what program I want to use to open it. I chose Windows Media Player and received this message "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

VLC Media Player...... it plays everything.

(But, I don't get the save as option in the pop-out, so something is different)

• Like 2

Cheers, AA

It is normally saved as a .flv file and most standard players can't handle it. As mentioned, VLC player or Daum PotPlayer will work.

Realplayer Downloader also works nicely and simple. Just hover over the video and a download menu will pop up. All of these players are free.

post-566-0-34756400-1367120269_thumb.jpg

Cheers, AA

As OP video, check this. Not english but I'm sure you get it. Choose what you want in dropmenus and click "lataa"-button

http://www.lataayoutube.com/watch?v=4GsjEPRMzdw

Sorry slow to get back. When you get as far as 'Save video as', just create a name for it, and call it name.avi or name.mp4, and tell it where to save to.

Works with chrome on linux.

I think windows media player can handle .avi and/or .mp4. AA

If you use chrome you can add a button from here http://kwizzu.com/

it wont install directly so you need to download it and let chrome refuse installation, then try download it again but this time right-click on the warning at bottom of screen and select "show in folder"

then you just drag it onto your extensions page and your done

Don't need to install anything. Use http://keepvid.com

This site will give you direct links to the video content of the YouTube page you're watching. It will give you all other formats (mp4..) and different sizes too, if available.

But the first thing above site asks/needs me to do is download the download manager at the site.

Don't need to install anything. Use http://keepvid.com

This site will give you direct links to the video content of the YouTube page you're watching. It will give you all other formats (mp4..) and different sizes too, if available.

But the first thing above site asks/needs me to do is download the download manager at the site.

I used to use the site quite a bit but find the local downloaders more 'integrated' and direct. You don't actually download a manager from them, just need to allow permission to run their java app.

Sorry slow to get back. When you get as far as 'Save video as', just create a name for it, and call it name.avi or name.mp4, and tell it where to save to.

Works with chrome on linux.

I think windows media player can handle .avi and/or .mp4. AA

Great! I will try this way. Thank you.

Nice informative thread with many good suggestions here! thumbsup.gif