Businessman With Washington Ties Feared Kidnapped In Thailand

webfact

Businessman with Washington ties feared kidnapped in Thailand
By Gary Horcher

bm.jpg
Nicholas Springer
photo: kirotv.com

SEATTLE, Wash — The U.S. State Department tells KIRO-7 they are involved in the search for a local businessman missing in Thailand.

Friends of 38-year-old Nick Springer have been searching non-stop, since the developer disappeared after working at a construction site, sometime Wednesday night.

“I think he’s been drugged an abducted,” said Harvey Sims, Springer’s business partner in Thailand.

“I just want him back,” Sims said via Skype from Thailand.

“I fear for his safety, he’s in grave danger, and I don’t know if he’ll be ok,” Sims said.

Sims, who has a home on Whidbey Island, was working with Springer to build a kitchen cabinet and woodworking factory in Pattaya beach Thailand, a 90-minute drive from Bangkok. “We were worried when he didn’t show up for work three days ago,” Sims said.

“We went to his home, and found things were not right. His bedding was stripped off, said Sims.”

Sims says a Thai security guard saw Springer either sick or impaired, being guided by a woman into a car near his home.

"We think someone must have drugged him, and taken him away,” Sims said.

Sims has been frustrated by the lack of help by Thai authorities, who have just begun to search.

The US Embassy and the State Department are also looking into Springer’s disappearance, but Sims believes it might be too late.

“His ex-girlfriend had been threatening him for a long time,” Sims said.

“She was the last person to answer his phone. We think she knows what happened, but we can’t find her now, either,” Sims said.

Sims is now hoping telling Springer’s story will convince US officials to get involved.

“There’s a lot of crime here,” Sims said. “We just want him back. We’ve tried tracking his phones and playing detective, but we need to pressure the US to help here and get this guy back home.”

Springer has owned several businesses around the US. He has lived in Seattle, and Oregon recently.

He has relatives in the Seattle area, who are working with US authorities, but they declined to comment to KIRO-7 about the investigation.

Source: http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/businessman-washington-ties-feared-kidnapped-thail/nXZM6/

-- kirotv 2013-04-27

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am guessing this will not help Thailand's push to have more foreign investors come here. Will be curious to see what the Thai police do. Either a full out investigation since a foreigner was involved, or they fear the results of a proper investigation and will let this quietly fade away, and hint that he may have disappeared himself.....

Note to self: Do not EVER go into business in Thailand.

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 2

"ongoing quest must be to assure that he isn't worth more dead than alive"

That is a gem of wisdom... There are a lot of expats with their Thai wives aka opportunist employees.

So few seem concerned about having their oatmeal poisoned etc when the guy is old and the wife would like the assets to herself.

Or a greedy family member looking to help improve the families situation. Having a Will leaving them additional wealth after the house and car.. That's like putting an invisible bounty on your death.

Heads up

• Like 2

All in the details, but also no stone ignored especially based on the first person to report it as well as how much dramatization in how much was said by such. Not like a wife or family making statements. Sims, should also be suspect. Unknowingly of their relationship personal or professional conflicts if any. Of course, feel for the victim, but can not dismiss the unknown within the details. The Thai (keystone cops) authorities are no match for real investigation, the US Embassy must step up & take the reigns. Every aspect/angle needs to be looked over.

Then again, not dismissing foul play, and not accusing Thais (wouldn't that be to easy), there are always other reason yet to be covered. All based on his past engagements, business contracts, affiliations both US & Thailand.

• Like 2

Excellent point.

I looked at the headline and expected to read something about a American who was close to federal government officials.

Instead, I find myself reading about an unfortunate businessman who has been the apparent victim of a crime.

Not to lessen the gravity of the situation, but were this individual close to high government officials, it would both completely change the nature of the story, not to mention the police investigatipn.

quote name="Jingthing" post="6344167" timestamp="1367056007"]The headline may mislead. Washington ties to many indicates something POLITICAL/governmental as in Washington D.C. unless you specify Washington STATE. e

• Like 1

"ongoing quest must be to assure that he isn't worth more dead than alive"

That is a gem of wisdom... There are a lot of expats with their Thai wives aka opportunist employees.

So few seem concerned about having their oatmeal poisoned etc when the guy is old and the wife would like the assets to herself.

Or a greedy family member looking to help improve the families situation. Having a Will leaving them additional wealth after the house and car.. That's like putting an invisible bounty on your death.

Heads up

Agreed... Tell your loving Thai wife/girlfriend that every month you received a fixed sum of money every month from an account back in your home country. Then tell her if you died, the money will cease instantly.

Shit...thought i was the only farang with that MO.

• Like 1

Ok, the Thai GF might be a suspect but from my experience in Thailand do not have business partners in Thailand that are farangs and stay away from business deals with any farangs that call Pattaya their home.

It would be interested to know what the business relationship with that Mr. Sims is all about. Does he has shares in the company too?

• Like 2

Am guessing this will not help Thailand's push to have more foreign investors come here. Will be curious to see what the Thai police do. Either a full out investigation since a foreigner was involved, or they fear the results of a proper investigation and will let this quietly fade away, and hint that he may have disappeared himself.....

Note to self: Do not EVER go into business in Thailand.

Sound advice (Do not EVER go into business in Thailand) And one can forget about the 'keystone cops' they couldn't find their shadow at 3.00 PM "on a bright sunny day"

The headline may mislead. Washington ties to many indicates something POLITICAL/governmental as in Washington D.C. unless you specify Washington STATE.

This was taken directly from a Washington State news source, thus the original article with the original headline would have made sense in context. Exported out of state, it gets a bit confusing.

At any rate, this is terrible news. I hope he turns up ok, with nothing worse than maybe some ransom paid. Any idea if the local constabulary are on this?

Note to self: Change the locks when dumping the gf.

• Like 1

That sounds suspiciously like Scopolamine drugging. Also known as Devils breath..

http://taoism101.wordpress.com/2013/04/05/devils-breath-and-soul-theft-scopolamine/

That's a natural drug, but in the Western countries like the USA or Germany, there is an extensive codex of pharma drugs that can be used to incapacitate, destroy, steal the soul, make into a living zombie the intended target.

All in the details, but also no stone ignored especially based on the first person to report it as well as how much dramatization in how much was said by such. Not like a wife or family making statements. Sims, should also be suspect. Unknowingly of their relationship personal or professional conflicts if any. Of course, feel for the victim, but can not dismiss the unknown within the details. The Thai (keystone cops) authorities are no match for real investigation, the US Embassy must step up & take the reigns. Every aspect/angle needs to be looked over.

Then again, not dismissing foul play, and not accusing Thais (wouldn't that be to easy), there are always other reason yet to be covered. All based on his past engagements, business contracts, affiliations both US & Thailand.

"the US Embassy must step up & take the reigns."

Prince Charles may hope to reign someday, but not the US Embassy.

Certainly the TV Keystone Kops are not as reticent about deciding what has happened and who is guilty without the nuisance of facts or any substantial background information.

The headline may mislead. Washington ties to many indicates something POLITICAL/governmental as in Washington D.C. unless you specify Washington STATE.

I agree with you. Headline "Washington ties" has caused a lot of moveement at our desk.

It would be interesting to know how many Americans have gone missing in Thailand, never to be found. I bet it would be more than people would think. Right off hand I know of another one from Oregon that disappeared never to be found. A business man.

Capitalizing such a business in Thailand is a very dangerous thing to do. I hope he is OK but it doesn't sound real good.

At every step, whether it be being involved with a woman, investing in a business or property, and often the first combined with one of the others, a farang's first and ongoing quest must be to assure that he isn't worth more dead than alive.

I have no idea what the State Department can do on Thailand's turf. The State Department isn't exactly Seal Team 6.

I doubt the State Dept would really play hard ball with the Thai government over this. However, if they were to do so, it would be reducing funding/cooperation with Thailand. Probably the best way to ensure Thai cooperation is the power of the pen- having this story break in the international press

That sounds suspiciously like Scopolamine drugging. Also known as Devils breath..

http://taoism101.wordpress.com/2013/04/05/devils-breath-and-soul-theft-scopolamine/

That's a natural drug, but in the Western countries like the USA or Germany, there is an extensive codex of pharma drugs that can be used to incapacitate, destroy, steal the soul, make into a living zombie the intended target.

that article you included a link to was written by a total idiot who can't connect thoughts, can't form conclusions, makes stupid generalizations about "most Americans" that are ridiculous. For example, the idiotic author writes,

"The more religion, the higher the crime rate and drug use.

Most Americans have left the religion to the point that they don’t

understand the connection to drugs and crime. Religion in America is

now a social club and a way to vote.

You have to look to Asia, Africa, and South America for the

connection to slap you in the face. In this blog, we have seen this

connection many times in Haiti, Africa, and Asia."

If whoever wrote this can't even write English coherently, ostensibly because s/he has taken too much dope and is high, how can that person be able to understand what most Americans say or think, and then make some connection to other countries that are very different from America...and it's funny and humorous to read this article but scary because it exhibits the basic ignorance and hate many people have, but often they can embellish it with correct grammar and writing style or even "science". I am not saying I am the expert in life, but I just point out how ridiculous this article is.

Let me redirect you to an article on the list of drugs that can be used for mind control, written by Fritz Springmeyer when describing the list of CIA mind control drugs used in MK ULTRA, and some of these can actually be obtained here in Thailand!

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/if_chapter3.htm