Best Pattaya Shop To Buy Samsung Galaxy S4

avidflyer

I would be careful where you by if you want the warranty. If you buy it a small shop it could be cheaper but an import (kong-knok). I always ask if it is (kong-sung) a company imported thai warrantied phone. Usually the easy way to check is if you can turn on the thai language keypad.

For imported phones, even if legally imported but not purchased in an official Samsung shop, they do not honour the warranty in Thailand. Saw a German going rightfully ballistic at the Samsung service center as they refused to fix his phone from Germany.

I asked the staff afterwards what happened and the answer was that the world wide warranty is not valid in Thailand...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I've bought my previous S3 and Note2 both from the 168smart network shop in Tukcom. They asked if I want the Thai version with warranty or version without (looking in my device info it says United Arab Emirates). Price difference was about 1,000 baht.

Not that you'll be planning on dropping your S4 or anything but please note that after I did so it cost me 5500 Baht at the service center to replace the screen! Aycarramba!

Actually all Android phones have Thai language support these days (unless the manufacture for some inexplicable reason removed it, but I've never heard of that happening). If you buy from the Samsung shop you'll be fine.

Most phones have Thai language support to read the font, but it would usually needed to be installed for it to be a input option for the keypad. But as mentioned above most shops usually disclose if it is a grey market phone or not they are offering.

I'd price it up in Central first and then vist TukCom and see what price you can get it for in there. I bought 2 Samsung Note 10.1's a few months ago from Tukcom and they are working perfectly. The money you save can go towards the bother of arguing over any Warranty issues later (if it should arise).

Are you saying they would fix a screen broken by a drop for free under warranty? :blink:

No probably not, sorry didnt mean to imply that, i just simply wanted to share for anyone who may drop their phone and smash the screen. :blink: