Pattaya Immigration. Best Time Of Day

Pattel

I went last week for a re-entry permit at 10:30am and there was hardly a soul there. I was second in the queue and I was out of the front door with the permit in under 10 minutes. Compare that with pre-Sonkran when the whole place was absolutely packed and the number queues were 100 ahead or more.

I went last week for a re-entry permit at 10:30am and there was hardly a soul there. I was second in the queue and I was out of the front door with the permit in under 10 minutes. Compare that with pre-Sonkran when the whole place was absolutely packed and the number queues were 100 ahead or more.

Well, I went yesterday at 1030 and it was crowded. I did think about coming back after lunch but then thought 'what the hell, I'm here now and its not as though I have anything important to do'. So I took two tickets and waited. With a newspaper to keep me occupied.

The 90 day part was done in about 15 minutes (3 people working the desk). The re-entry took longer. I was 28th in the queue. To my surprise I was only there alltogether for just over the hour. So although its was busy the staff were working quite quickly.

My only criticism is that the seats are too close together which means the seats in he middle are empty and the seats round the edge are packed.

There's a public holiday this week which might explain why it was busier. I think that Mondays and Fridays are often busier because of the weekend.

From your description it didnt sound very busy: two months ago there wasnt an empty seat to be had, nor even a place to stand inside at all. People were milling around outside the building waiting for their number to come up. They have loudspeakers outside for this reason. So any day when you can sit down is fairly quiet, I think.

I went a few weeks ago in the AM and they told me re-entry permits were only done after 1. Got there at 1 and there were already over 100 people waiting. I left, but Raro was there also and stayed. He finished around 5:30. Crazy.

Yes, I put the huge queues before Songkran down to a very large number of expats preparing for their annual trips home etc. I certainly will try to avoid doing anything the month before Songkran next year. I'm lucky in that my extension renewal falls in August anyway, and that's also a good time of year to get re-entry permits etc done.