Any Westernized Asians In Chiang Mai?

Lifesgood

I'm talking Thai, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc., raised in the west, English-speaking, and settled in Chiang Mai. Just curious....

Asia does include many other countries. Many of them English speaking, while not being raised in the West. Would they be very different from "Westernised Asians"? Language seems to be the same.

Edited by groo

I'm talking Thai, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc., raised in the west, English-speaking, and settled in Chiang Mai. Just curious....

Asia does include many other countries. Many of them English speaking, while not being raised in the West. Would they be very different from "Westernised Asians"? Language seems to be the same.

If someone speaks English, I would consider them 'Westernized', to a degree.

Simplistic, huh? :o

I would say that if you have come far enough to speak Thai idiomatically and without an accent like a native, you must have undergone a large degree of Asianization in the process, of the same type as Asians do when raised or living for an extended period in a Western country with Western friends. But there are not a lot of such Westerners around in my experience.