Is This A Word?

"this" is definately an english word.

LOL - good one

I once won a Uni Residence Hall quiz of the guys after spelling "It".

It was meant to be "Supercalaflagalisticexpealedocious" or however you spell the thing really!

The Quiz Master was a guy who was/is a newsreader on Channel 5 news in the UK now so I am told - never seen it myself

"disinsiduous"

How would you define it? Are you thinking of a word as it would relate to "insidious"?

I was not the author but I think they were trying to convey what "Insidious" means but then did a "Bushism" on the word ;-)

Sounds like it. The closest thing I could come up with is 'deciduous'. Speaking of Bushism, Al Gore did the same kind of thing with 'potatoe' and was corrected by a school kid. :o

I hate to contradict you but I think you will find it was Dan Quayle who corrected the word on the blackboard to the incorrect spelling in the classroom full of kids ;-)

This was the same guy who wished he had taken "Latin" at school as he was visiting Latin America ;-0

It's difficult to get 0 hits on even mis-spelled or very archaic words, but I'd say this is a pretty good indication its not a word.

post-7151-1142786015_thumb.jpg

cv

Thats what I did and thought but just wanted to double check I was not being a bit thick.

After all I am not an English teacher unlike the user of the word. :o

I hate to contradict you but I think you will find it was Dan Quayle who corrected the word on the blackboard to the incorrect spelling in the classroom full of kids ;-)

This was the same guy who wished he had taken "Latin" at school as he was visiting Latin America ;-0

You're absolutely right. Thanks for the correction. But you know how it is. All politicians sound the same. :o

You're absolutely right. Thanks for the correction. But you know how it is. All politicians sound the same. :o

LOL - I know

Al gore did invent the internet though - so he claimed ;-)