The Last Car On The Ferry Boat

klons

This is from Beach 2 from the Thairecordings site kokesaat recently

mentioned on the board. The family arrives in their car to get on a Ferry

over to the Island. Could someone explain how they ended up last

to get on the Ferry boat? I suppose it’s from Dad switching queue lines

but I don’t get it exactly what I’m not supposed to do if I go there.

Queue number 3 has me confused. TIA

แต่ว่าเวลาเราจะขับขึ้นเนี่ย เขาจะมีคิวให้ คือจะมีแถวอยู่สองแถวให้เราไปต่อคิวนะครับ แล้วมันมีรถอยู่คันหนึ่งเนี่ย ไปสร้างคิวที่สาม คือแถวที่สาม แล้วพ่อผมไม่รู้ก็เลยตามคันนั้นไปเป็นแถวที่สาม เราก็เลยโดนไล่กลับมา คือจริง ๆ เราต่อคิวไปเรื่อย ๆ จนจะถึงแล้วนะ แต่ว่าเพราะว่าพ่อผมขยับไปที่คิวที่สามปุ๊บ เขาเลยไล่กลับมาให้ไปอยู่ท้ายแถว เราก็เลยต้องมานั่งรอกันใหม่ กว่าที่เรือจะมารับครบหมดเนี่ย เราเป็นรถคันสุดท้าย คุณนึกดูสิแทนที่จะเป็นคันแรก ๆ แต่กลายเป็นคันสุดท้ายเพราะว่าเราไปสร้างคิวที่สาม ดังนั้นถ้าใครไปอย่าไปทำนะครับ

Normally there are 2 queues. There was one car getting out the queues making a third queue. Father saw that and followed the car. He was sent back to the last position of 2 other queue and had to wait long. He was in the last car to get on the boat, while he would normally be one of the first cars. Just don't like this (making a third queue).

Edited by kriswillems

OK. Thank you. Then in เราก็เลยโดนไล่กลับมา was probably a queue attendant who chased them out of the unauthorized line back over to an authorized line.

yes that's correct. It means: "we were sent back".

Edited by kriswillems

• 4 weeks later...

Also from another thairecordings HOW TO BEHAVE TOWARDS OLDER PEOPLE (1) I am unable to translate ตีลังกาปลิวขึ้นฟ้า help please.

His Dad told him not to ride fast, but he did it anyhow, fell over and

broke two front teeth. But what does ตีลังกาปลิวขึ้นฟ้า mean?

ผมชอบปั่นจักรยาน แล้วทีนี้เนี่ย ผมชอบปั่นเร็วไง แล้วพ่อก็บอกว่า อย่าปั่นเร็ว เดี๋ยวมันจะล้ม อย่างเงี้ย ผมก็ไม่ฟังไง ผมก็บอกว่า ไม่ล้มหรอก ผมไหวอยู่แล้ว อะไรอย่างเงี้ย ผมก็ปั่น ๆ ๆ ๆ ๆ ทีนี้ เราเป็นเด็กเนี่ย เราคุมไม่อยู่ไง จักรยานมันคันใหญ่ แล้วเราก็พลาด ล้ม จักรยานนี้คือ ตีลังกาปลิวขึ้นฟ้า แล้วผมก็ฟันหน้าหักสองซี่เลยนะครับ

A literal translation would be "turn a somersault carried by the wind up to the sky", so it just means the bike was going end over end and upwards.

Thank you. ตีลังกา is in dictionaries, how I missed that, I don't know. I thought it was hit a box or crate or what not.