Deep South Residents Of Phuket

phuketsub

I am trying to gather information for an in-depth news story about Thai people in Phuket who are originally from the Deep South (Yala, Narathiwat, Pattani or Songklha south of Kanchanawanich Road) , but now live in Phuket either for work or security reasons (due to all the violence of the insurgency there).

If anyone knows of anyone with interesting experiences in this regard pls send me contact details by PM.

I promise to post the final version of the story in this forum, free of charge.

Any help would be much appreciated.

note to moderators: I understand this is a rather strange and self-serving post, but I went through the house rules and don't see any that it is clearly in breach of, so I hope it can stand.

It's always good when people create.

Few questions and suggestions.

Do you speak so fluent Thai that you can do the interviews with confident in Thai?

Do you have or would you setup an website, where you contact information can be found?

- Get an domain name and setup an simple google sites website for contacting you.

Do you have a phone number, could be new pre-paid number for this work. Same for email.

Basically some contact information, which can be found with ease, when we see people who could be suitable for the interviews?

Personal websites, when not advertising should be ok on thaivisa? LiK?

Note that advertisers (ie sponsors) are the only members allowed to post links to their sites.

Rule 10) Not to post commercial spam or to post any promotional links, URLs or addresses to a member's own business or that would lead people to your site. Not to post URL links to other forums . Not to flood, post commercial or for-profit advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and similar solicitations. Any member who violates this prohibition will be banned from all forums on this website.Advertisers are the only members allowed to post links, URL's or addresses to their sites.

Note that advertisers (ie sponsors) are the only members allowed to post links to their sites.

Rule 10) Not to post commercial spam or to post any promotional links, URLs or addresses to a member's own business or that would lead people to your site. Not to post URL links to other forums . Not to flood, post commercial or for-profit advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and similar solicitations. Any member who violates this prohibition will be banned from all forums on this website.Advertisers are the only members allowed to post links, URL's or addresses to their sites.

Understood, I would not want to jeopardize my ability to continue contributing to this forum. If anyone knows of any useful contacts just send a PM and I will respond with my contact details. Thanks.

It's always good when people create.

Few questions and suggestions.

Do you speak so fluent Thai that you can do the interviews with confident in Thai?

Do you have or would you setup an website, where you contact information can be found?

- Get an domain name and setup an simple google sites website for contacting you.

Do you have a phone number, could be new pre-paid number for this work. Same for email.

Basically some contact information, which can be found with ease, when we see people who could be suitable for the interviews?

Why does he need to speak Thai? Perhaps the people he is going to interview speak English. Or he could grab an interpreter

When I had a business in Hua Hin in the nineties, for a long time a woman from Ruso, Narathiwat, was working for me. She has a Muslim father and a Buddhist mother. She came to see me in Khao Lak a couple of times. In I think about 2008, her father was fatally shot whilst working at a rubber plantation.

Once when I was talking with her here in Khao Lak, I heard the sound of a gun shot ringing out, and I almost jumped up from my chair of course. But she told me that you hear this sound continuously in Ruso, nobody pays attention.

Once when I was looking for staff for the high season, I thought I had a clever idea, and asked her if she could find some Narathiwat people for me, who might be eager to leave the area. No results though, Thai people are usually not willing to move to some place where they don't know anybody.

Edited by keestha