Got A Straw With My Tin Of Tomato Puree!

Eesat

From Gourmet Market the other day!laugh.png

It's one of those moments when you look,double take to see if your eyes were telling the truth,scratch your head and then laugh!
So I just wanted to know about the most bizzare moments for other people in Thailand,the ones that made you laugh and in that way actually brightened up your day.If it was like Europe and everything worked perfectly,no-one would have any reason to come here after all!

• Like 1

They cheated you mate. Everyone know that tomato puree comes with two straws!whistling.gif

Even two straws might not be enough.......reckon you might burst a few blood vessels trying to suck that stuff out of the can. blink.png

• Like 2

driving along the road when my wife and I saw a motorbike carrying some sort of product stacked up about 3 metres high and his wife (we think) was hanging on the side of it like spider man , it cracked us up ...wonderful Thailand the land of smiles

• Like 1

While driving upcountry I stopped to ask a young couple walking alongside the road for directions. One pointed forward the other backward. They giggled and continued on their way. It turned out I was actually right in the middle of the place I wanted.

Whenever i am driving in the car in Thailand and a policecar drives behind me i feel safe, calm and dont worrie about some silly ticket.

Instead in Europe when i am followed by a policar i PANIC!

There is a dog in our town that loves its scooter rides. What makes this one special is that when the scooter moves it stands on the scooter seat and lean into corners like a pro bike rider. When the scooter stops it sits down.

• Like 1

There is a dog in our town that loves its scooter rides. What makes this one special is that when the scooter moves it stands on the scooter seat and lean into corners like a pro bike rider. When the scooter stops it sits down.

How does he reach the brake pedal?whistling.gif

• Like 1

Whenever i am driving in the car in Thailand and a policecar drives behind me i feel safe, calm and dont worrie about some silly ticket.

Instead in Europe when i am followed by a policar i PANIC!

I pull over and stop, count to five or fifteen then go on again. In Australia i do a u-turn and go home.

• Like 1

*Bought different sizes of screws, and the sales man tryed to sell me a hammer, becourse it is very good for your job.

Bought a watch for my wife, with new battery and garanty, batter gave up 2 month after. Returning to the shop the put a new battery in the watch, and were sorry a wrong battery had been put in the wacth. But next time I had to pay for the battery.

wanted to by ripe bananas, but was presented with green ones, as i protested, I was told that it would be yellow in about a week, then I would have fresh ripe bananas.

• Like 1

Saw a Toyota Vigo reversing backwards off a motorway exit. Reason: The load of approximately 100 wheelbarrows loaded on the deck could not get under the overpass that was labelled as 5.15 metres high.

Saw a fridge being towed behind a scooter on a sack-barrow.

Saw a passenger on a scooter driving through town at 2am holding a 50" widescreen TV.....and I didn't think it was suspicious.

I love this place!

I once saw a chauffeur driven black S-class Benz with some important looking knobs in the back reversing back up the expressway exit ramp which was only a single lane. Presumably the driver took the wrong exit by mistake and the blokes in the back were so important that his mistake had to be corrected immediately at the risk of being crashed into by another vehicle trying to exit down the ramp. I also did a double take wondering if I was really seeing such a dangerous piece of tomfoolery.

Edited by Arkady

The best thing for me about living here is all of the wacky stuff you see out in the streets every day, things that you would never see in the West. In particular, some of the things people do with motorbikes seem to defy the 'laws' of physics.

About one year ago I was driving to the Immigration Office at Korat & came across a 2in1 dancing in the middle of the road with his/her's shorts around the ankle, no other clothes.. Should have taken a photo but we were past too quickly.

Whilst waiting at immigration my wife was speaking to a policeman & mentioned what we saw. He just shrugged and said he saw it too. (Too much trouble for him to stop and do anything about it)

On our return he/she was gone!

Scooters don't have pedals....coffee1.gif

I was on a forum in Thailand and I saw that one of it's members was so excited about what he was saying that he completely forgot how to use the English language and he put things like

tryed

becourse

garanty

batter

wacth

Your command of the Thai language must be a lot better than his English I suppose ?

Edited by Secondmouse

I was on a forum in Thailand and I saw that one of it's members was so excited about what he was saying that he completely forgot how to use the English language and he put things like

tryed

becourse

garanty

batter

wacth

biggrin.png .......and what is your excuse? .....it's = it is. The possessive form is "its".

Incorrect. The apostophe is also used to show possession. From the OED:-

You use an apostrophe to show that a thing or person belongs or relates to someone or something: instead of saying the party of Ben or the weather of yesterday, you can write Ben’s party and yesterday’s weather.

'Its' would be the plural of 'It'. ie 'There were an awful lot of Its'

The brakes are on the handlebars..... he only has a problem putting the side-stand down.

tryed

becourse

garanty

batter

wacth

biggrin.png .......and what is your excuse? .....it's = it is. The possessive form is "its".

You use an apostrophe to show that a thing or person belongs or relates to someone or something: instead of saying the party of Ben or the weather of yesterday, you can write Ben’s party and yesterday’s weather.

you are joking right?

I realize this is likely a piss take, but it is sad how many here really do have little concept of the basic mechanics of the language yet are willing to argue it.

Edited by candypants
  • Like 2

tryed

becourse

garanty

batter

wacth

The funny thing is Gnasher, that you just disproved the very point you were attempting to make , but you don't realise it.

• Like 1