Abhisit, Suthep Face Additional Charges: 2010 Bangkok Protests

webfact

"The Thai people's wants to se the end of this murder charged, if there is any fairness in this country. Compare what Khun Thaksin has done !!"

If I understand Chrisswe correctly he seems to complain that k. Thaksin hasn't been charged for what he has done regarding 'targets, murders, ordering'. Mind you, he would be off topic asking such.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. Not been on here for ages. See there are still a few names I remember.

I think the story looks at the wrong angle. Look at who will not be charged.

Like the one doing the charging?

Welcome back.

Hmm. Not been on here for ages. See there are still a few names I remember.

I think the story looks at the wrong angle. Look at who will not be charged.

Hi Hammered. Long time no see.

I hope you've been well.

Completely different case and has its own arguments what we are talking about is van drivers MURDERED Journalists MURDERED Civilians MURDERED 91 in total with several bullets proven to come from government troops someone has to pay for that and AV gave that order to open fire on civilians. No excuse for that.

I think you will find it pretty hard to find an instance of a prime minister being charged with murder of protesters anywhere. Seems like you conveniently forget the number of civilians killed during the drug crackdown, Krue Seh, Tak Bai under another administration where no one has been charged.

Bout time the heat came down on him NO EXCUSE for the number of civilians killed and he was the one in charge, time to pay the piper AV

Abhisit and Suthep are being accused of premeditated murder for those two deaths, do you understand what the charge means? Do you think Abhisit ordered the murder of those two people?

They gave an order with Rules of Engagement to the army units, nowhere in those orders it said to murder Red Shirts (or anyone else), the orders were the same as they would be in any other country, use proportionate force, shoot in self defence or in defence of innocent people.

The worst of all is how Thaksin and his lackeys at PTP and the DSI have sold the Red Shirts down the river for political capital, they have nothing to gain by finding the truth if soldiers breaking the RoE killed and injured people, screw the truth, let's make political hay and go after Abhisit.

I think you'll find that the charges relate to the revised rules of engagement, not the original ROE.

Just to help me does anyone know what the revised rules of engagement were ?

Edited by kimamey

Bout time the heat came down on him NO EXCUSE for the number of civilians killed and he was the one in charge, time to pay the piper AV

I think you will find it pretty hard to find an instance of a prime minister being charged with murder of protesters anywhere. Seems like you conveniently forget the number of civilians killed during the drug crackdown, Krue Seh, Tak Bai under another administration where no one has been charged.

Completely different case and has its own arguments what we are talking about is van drivers MURDERED Journalists MURDERED Civilians MURDERED 91 in total with several bullets proven to come from government troops someone has to pay for that and AV gave that order to open fire on civilians. No excuse for that.

The red shirts instigated terrorist activities on innocent civilians, creating a chaotic war arena in the process. To regain the territory form the red shirt terrorists, the government moved in as they needed to do to restore order for ordinary citizens. Unfortunate a couple innocents perished in the process. war is hell. Thaksin and his red shirt hooligan terrorists are the only one to blame for their horrific actions against the everyday law abiding Thai citizen.

As for where photo's of tire heaps, red-shirts and others where taken, obviously that must have been in England, Holland or so, but surely not in Bangkok, Ratchaprasong area April-May 2010. That requires to be clearly proven and to include (witnessed) signatures of the people displayed with counter signatures by registered lawyers and translated into Thai, counter-signed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs plus a waxblob with an embossed 'S' imprinted and traces of Dubai sand scientifically identifiable.

• Like 1

A number of off topic posts and replies have been removed. Topic is about Abhisit-Suthep face additional charges: 2010 Bangkok Protests. Topic is not about the red shirt protesters and there children in the protest area. Stay on topic.

This is revenge, coupled to a full court press power play of pressure.

Pure and simple, nothing more to it.

But it portends the type of Dictatorship that will happen should Thaksin gain full control.

At some point his constant over-reaching will trigger another coup, but this one likely

more violent towards Thaksin and his power structure to remove it from the game.

Sad to say and unwanted, but not unlikely if this continues as it is.

Well actually it's just logic. As the original charge against them arose from the first inquest that pointed out that the military were responsible for the deaths of civilians ( and by definition of the ROE, the responsibility is passed to Abhisit and Suthep as PM and head of CRES respectively) each and every other inquest that determines the responsibility for civilian deaths was by the military will be added to the original charge.

So don't peak too soon on the emotional front, there's more where that come from.

I think your logic is a little lacking. Just because someone is in charge doesn't automatically mean that they will be responsible for everything that is done under their command. In this case there were rules of engagement which were apparently changed although I don't know the details of this (maybe someone can help). Assuming the ROE didn't state that the military should go out and indiscriminately shoot protesters the killings were either within the ROE which probably stated that shots should be fired only in self defence or to protect life ect. There would also be authorisation of the use of live rounds. If the military personnel breached the ROE then they would be responsible for that although I believe they can't be prosecuted. If that was the case then Abhisit and Suthep would be responsible only for dealing with the breach of the rules not for the results caused by actions which they didn't sanction.

Do you really think that if a policeman was found to be dealing drugs the PM would be charged with the offence as she's in charge or even the head of the police?