Belgian Found Dead In His South Pattaya Apartment

webfact

and another mystery dead farang in Pattaya ..... well its either Phuket or pattaya ... sad.png

Wrong. More faranags die in American cities than in Pattaya or Phuket. Why isn't the American government investigating all these farang deaths in the USA? Surely millions can't be dying of natural causes. Very disturbing. Don't visit America if you're a farang, as it's the world capital of farang deaths. Stay safe.

Difference is deaths of non-nationals in the US would be investigated. Here in Thailand ther are simply swept under the rug.

I know DaveJones is trying to make a point but it's silly logic. What's the percentage of foreign deaths in the US compared to Thailand? Base this on those who are visiting as short term tourists and long term residents and then you have a chance of comparing apples with apples. I don't experience Thailand as being particularly dangerous for Farangs but that doesn't mean that it isn't.

Yup "silly logic" , from a silly thai apologist. Most of his replys have the usual "its worse in the UK/USA". btw Dave, have you started building the house in Isaan yet ?

and another mystery dead farang in Pattaya ..... well its either Phuket or pattaya ... sad.png

Wrong. More faranags die in American cities than in Pattaya or Phuket. Why isn't the American government investigating all these farang deaths in the USA? Surely millions can't be dying of natural causes. Very disturbing. Don't visit America if you're a farang, as it's the world capital of farang deaths. Stay safe.

Difference is deaths of non-nationals in the US would be investigated. Here in Thailand ther are simply swept under the rug.

I know DaveJones is trying to make a point but it's silly logic. What's the percentage of foreign deaths in the US compared to Thailand? Base this on those who are visiting as short term tourists and long term residents and then you have a chance of comparing apples with apples. I don't experience Thailand as being particularly dangerous for Farangs but that doesn't mean that it isn't.

Old foreign men retire to Thailand in very large numbers. Not very many old foreign men retire to USA. So of course lots will die here - do you expect them to live forever? You are wrong to suggest that USA investigate all foreign deaths. If there aren't any suspicious circumstances, a doctor signs the death certificate, and that's it.

I think many on here expect every innocent death to be investigated, but there's just no point. You see large numbers of deaths because they are report on forums like this. Foreign deaths of old people in USA probably wouldn't be reported on any forum because it's of no interest to anyone. But people on TV love to play detective, even when there isn't a crime.

Maybe you should set up your own investigation office into old expat deaths. I'm sure plenty on here will chip in to cover the costs.

"...in the US would be investigated"

You seem to have the rose colored glasses on when it comes to police efficiency in Farang Utopia.

Every year in America, 6,000 killers get away with murder.

The percentage of homicides that go unsolved in the United States has risen alarmingly even as the homicide rate has fallen to levels last seen in the 1960s.

Despite dramatic improvements in DNA analysis and forensic science, police fail to make an arrest in more than one-third of all homicides. National clearance rates for murder and manslaughter have fallen from about 90 percent in the 1960s to below 65 percent in recent years.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/crime/unsolved-murder-rate-increasing#ixzz2S8Ue2Vgn

And as far back as 2007 in the UK"

Last year, an average of one murder a week was committed only to remain

unsolved. In 1997, the number was almost one a fortnight.

There have been 564 unsolved murders across the country in the past 10 years,

with the majority occurring in urban areas. The Metropolitan Police Force area

covering London accounts for 269. Greater Manchester Police is next with 41

unsolved murders, followed by the West Midlands with 30 and West Yorkshire with

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1561945/Rate-of-unsolved-murders-doubles-in-decade.html

Edited by Suradit69

Because the vast majority retire in Phuket or Pattaya?

How does your statement apply to this topic?

People who retire get old then they die be it through illness or just old age. As the article says it's likely to be natural causes, that is how the statement applies to the topic. Or should I have come up with a Sherlock Holmes conspiracy theory that he was murdered in the dinning room with a candle stick?.

As usual your statements are irrelevant and distant from normal people. Normal people have respect for the dead. They have respect for a life passing. But your glib response to the topic is pathetic and reveals a lot about your personality, which is empty.

This man was 57 years old and in my opinion quite a bit young to die in a country where he possibly thought this was a place to live a happy life. To expect it is somehow normal to die because you have stopped working shows just how shallow you truly are.

That would be like me saying all youngsters in their 20s are morons because they have no life experience and are incapable of true to life decision making. They fly by the seat of their pants yet want to be taken serious.

To make comments about people in general like you have about people that have stopped working and the people I suggest as an example of your attitude that have just begun to work is just plain empty headed.

Edited by Markaew

Everyone is a farang in the US. We don't need balconies to take out foreigners we use drones.

You seem to have the rose colored glasses on when it comes to police efficiency in Farang Utopia.

Every year in America, 6,000 killers get away with murder.

The percentage of homicides that go unsolved in the United States has risen alarmingly even as the homicide rate has fallen to levels last seen in the 1960s.

Despite dramatic improvements in DNA analysis and forensic science, police fail to make an arrest in more than one-third of all homicides. National clearance rates for murder and manslaughter have fallen from about 90 percent in the 1960s to below 65 percent in recent years.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/crime/unsolved-murder-rate-increasing#ixzz2S8Ue2Vgn

And as far back as 2007 in the UK"

Last year, an average of one murder a week was committed only to remain

unsolved. In 1997, the number was almost one a fortnight.

There have been 564 unsolved murders across the country in the past 10 years,

with the majority occurring in urban areas. The Metropolitan Police Force area

covering London accounts for 269. Greater Manchester Police is next with 41

unsolved murders, followed by the West Midlands with 30 and West Yorkshire with

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1561945/Rate-of-unsolved-murders-doubles-in-decade.html

You seem to not understand the difference between "investigated" and "solved"...actually, I know you do but it's your overriding imperative affecting your judgment again...

When an unreasonable criticism is made of Thailand - as has arguably been done by here - then of course you are within reason to refute it. But with all due respect, when you fire off this kind of stuff - as you so often do - you just discredit yourself.

Is the man not allowed to just die?

Is it impossible for a man in his 50's to merely die of natural causes?

Or is every death of a foreigner in Thailand obliged to be dealt with by puerile speculation?

On TVF?

No.

Yes.

Yes.

That's fine then, I was just checking. I think it was the Ladyboy wot done it. coffee1.gif

Almost 2.5 million deaths in USA each year. Wow, what a dangerous place.

Your approach to this OP is bizarre. Is your whole purpose to commenting on these OPs is to try to make nonsense connections to the US?

What rock did you crawl out from under?

What is beyond the pale is to expect serious blather on ThaiVisa.

My mum died at 56 of an aneurism and I have outlived her. People globally drop dead for no apparent cause. So what - just because this guy karks it in Pattaya at what is considered an early age? Wait for the autopsy - he won't care if it takes a week or two. Everybody jumping to conclusions and accusations against Thailand... bah.gif

• Like 2

People who retire get old then they die be it through illness or just old age. As the article says it's likely to be natural causes, that is how the statement applies to the topic. Or should I have come up with a Sherlock Holmes conspiracy theory that he was murdered in the dinning room with a candle stick?.

As usual your statements are irrelevant and distant from normal people. Normal people have respect for the dead. They have respect for a life passing. But your glib response to the topic is pathetic and reveals a lot about your personality, which is empty.

This man was 57 years old and in my opinion quite a bit young to die in a country where he possibly thought this was a place to live a happy life. To expect it is somehow normal to die because you have stopped working shows just how shallow you truly are.

That would be like me saying all youngsters in their 20s are morons because they have no life experience and are incapable of true to life decision making. They fly by the seat of their pants yet want to be taken serious.

To make comments about people in general like you have about people that have stopped working and the people I suggest as an example of your attitude that have just begun to work is just plain empty headed.

You are so far from the truth you are in a lucky little bubble, my brother was dead at 32 my dad just over 57, people die at 2 and people die at 80.

Am I shallow to think my brother died at 32?, that is life, you need to grow up he died in a Western country. You my friend, you are either trolling for a fight or have not read the article, either one i can believe.

There is no disrespect in someone dieing, it happens, it is how life works, now be quiet and stop making yourself look unworldly.

You maybe a lucky man with good health and a family with good health but even those that look after themselves may get the big C or another devastating illness, just stay happily in your little bubble and hope it doesn't ever burst.

I don't think your first language is English because you are talking absolute nonsense which I can forgive you for.

EDIT to say people who retire are OLD. any more clearer?

Edited by Scully

You are so far from the truth you are in a lucky little bubble, my brother was dead at 32 my dad just over 57, people die at 2 and people die at 80.

Am I shallow to think my brother died at 32?, that is life, you need to grow up he died in a Western country. You my friend, you are either trolling for a fight or have not read the article, either one i can believe.

There is no disrespect in someone dieing, it happens, it is how life works, now be quiet and stop making yourself look unworldly.

You maybe a lucky man with good health and a family with good health but even those that look after themselves may get the big C or another devastating illness, just stay happily in your little bubble and hope it doesn't ever burst.

I don't think your first language is English because you are talking absolute nonsense which I can forgive you for.

EDIT to say people who retire are OLD. any more clearer?

Again, you just can't seem to get the point. Your glib attitude toward foreigners dieing here is the point I am making, but I don't think you will ever understand that. The fact that you have had family members die at a younger age makes your comments even more bizarre. Evidently you think it's humorous.

MARKAEW

Go back read the thread again, there was absolutly NO humour whatsoever, I am dealing with somewone who can't grasp basic English. The 5 people who like the post got the meaning but it flew over your head. Right for the last time:-

Many old people retire in Pattaya and Phucket so it is much more likely that old people are going to die in these places.OK.GET IT?

No humour just common sence and facts, now wheres the humour or disrespect? You are one very strange individual.

Maybe he just died of natural causes. No mystery, no cover up just a plain old simple death because it does happen people.

That's preposterous!

Why is it preposterous? do tell because people do just drop dead at any age or do we all have to believe that everyone who dies in Phuket or Pattaya has to be part of some mystery? coffee1.gif Rather than make a stupid statement at least back it up with facts otherwise you are the one who is being preposterouscoffee1.gif

Maybe he just died of natural causes. No mystery, no cover up just a plain old simple death because it does happen people.

That's preposterous!

Why is it preposterous? do tell because people do just drop dead at any age or do we all have to believe that everyone who dies in Phuket or Pattaya has to be part of some mystery? coffee1.gif Rather than make a stupid statement at least back it up with facts otherwise you are the one who is being preposterouscoffee1.gif

Oh Dear. Irony is obviously not your strong point is it!

• Like 1

That's preposterous!

Why is it preposterous? do tell because people do just drop dead at any age or do we all have to believe that everyone who dies in Phuket or Pattaya has to be part of some mystery? Rather than make a stupid statement at least back it up with facts otherwise you are the one who is being preposterous

Yes, it was a stupid statement, wasn't it? And I was indeed being preposterous....

Think about it.

• Like 1

That's preposterous!

Why is it preposterous? do tell because people do just drop dead at any age or do we all have to believe that everyone who dies in Phuket or Pattaya has to be part of some mystery? Rather than make a stupid statement at least back it up with facts otherwise you are the one who is being preposterous

Yes, it was a stupid statement, wasn't it? And I was indeed being preposterous....

Think about it.

thumbsup.gif

Off topic post removed, if you want to know where to live in Thailand please start a thread in General Forum , please don't hijack a topic about a persons death.

ANYwhere in the world is as dangerous as you make it. You can find the good and the bad anywhere. If you get involved with the illegal activities (drugs, prostitution) and even just plain drinking in bars you put yourself in danger. 13 years here now and I have never had any problems except the norm.