Chinese Incursion Leaves India On Verge Of Crisis

News_Editor

True, just to clarify the matter up front and quickly, the photo is definitely a display photo. The actual attack group is pretty well spread out, especially to get closer to over the horizon attacking missiles. In fact I think a see a few of the attack subs out front on the surface to make a more complete photo-op (at least one in the center bottom foreground).

As for the new PRChina "carrier killer" ballistic missile which is specifically created to sink the aircraft carrier itself, number one it's a ballistic missile which means it can be intercepted outside the atmosphere or high in the stratosphere.

Secondly, the Aegis anti-missile destroyer ships carry the same technology as Air Force One. Which means signals are beamed into the guidance system of any kind of oncoming missile to give it new instructions, specifically, to turn around the missile to return it to its place of origin. Air Force One had to use the technology, successfully, when Prez Clinton was taking off from Africa and a ground to air missile was fired at AFO. I'd like to see the eyes of the perp terrorists when they saw their own missile coming right straight back at 'em. blink.png

• Like 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some countries chose to align with Russia, some with China, and some with the US. The US has treaties to defend Australia and NZ, Thailand, The Philippines, Japan, of course Guam, S. Korea and I'm not sure who else in the general Asian area. The US came running when Australia was in trouble with Japan in WWII. Now Japan is an ally.

The US will keep those treaties and China should know that. All of this bluster from China about rightfully owning parts of these different countries will go no where. That's why the US has most of its navy in the greater Asian area right now. That's part of why it flew two stealth bombers from Kentucky to S. Korea and back, dropping some practice bombs on S. Korea - just to show they could. Good Lord, how far is that, non-stop round trip at supersonic speeds and being undetected until they dropped the bombs. It was a show of force. They can carry all kinds of bombs from the newest bunker buster to nukes.

China is just now testing it's first cargo carrier plane, which with wings removed would absolutely fit into and could be carried by a US cargo carrier. They have a long ways to go. "Made in China."

You're not seriously suggesting the US entered WWII to because they rushed to Australia's defense? clap2.gif

The US came running when Australia was in trouble with Japan in WWII.

Oh, as a former naval Lt. and my limited experience in these matters (due to spending almost all my time at NATO HQ in Brussels) the photo of the group does show them too close together . . .

Nobody's trying to rewrite the history of World War II in the Asia-Pacific.

After Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941 the first naval battle in which the U.S. engaged Japanese naval forces was in the Battle of the Coral Sea, off Australia. The battle was essentially a technical standoff but Japan got stung badly enough to get the hell out of the waters pretty quickly. That battle reopened the sea lanes between Australia and the U.S. Churchill already had said to OZ and New Zealand that they were on their own, what with each country's forces already tied up in far off N Africa against Rommel's Afrika Corps.

Recall that Imperial Japan already was bombing Darwin in NW Australia. This was after Imperial Japan had swept throughout all of SE Asia, which it had as its base very close to Australia.

Gen Douglas MacArthur stopped Australian military plans to form lines of defense in Australia to resist the coming Japanese invasion, instead focusing on taking the initiative to drive Japanese troops out of very closeby Papua New Guiea island and, eventually, nearby Guadalcanal Island. Both the sea and land campaigns were successful in thwarting Japanese plans to invade and occupy the British Commonwealth nation of Australia.

No one suggests the U.S. entered WW 2 expressly or exclusively to save Australia from the Imperial Japanese. However, that's what occurred of necessity in the immediate aftermath of Pearl Harbor.

I have no love of Japan, particularly after what they did to my family in China. I remember being told of how the Europeans started getting rounded up, kids pulled from school, never to be seen from again. Chinese people were literally slaughtered in the streets for fun etc. As such, I can sympathize with and understand the hostility of the Chinese towards Japan, a country which has never directly apologized to any of its victims and a country where political leaders still go to pray at shrines to some of the worst fiends of Japan's occupation of China.

The Chinese were successively occupied and exploited by European colonial powers, my family being some of those Europeans, so it is no wonder that the Chinese have some very strong views and a fear of armed foreign powers at its borders. It is a palpable fear that is passed on from generation to generation. The west needs to address those fears, both real and imagined. This isn't an excuse for Chinese belligerency or its acts of overt sabotage such as hacking foreign government databases or the theft of intellectual property or its introduction of sleeper agents into other countries. Rather, it is the key to managing the Chinese threat. Paranoid people can behave irrationally and the Chinese government policy sometimes demonstrate a country that is afraid of others. The Chinese are afflicted with an insecurity linked to the past and its government is terrified of losing control of its destiny.

I have no love of Japan, particularly after what they did to my family in China. I remember being told of how the Europeans started getting rounded up, kids pulled from school, never to be seen from again. Chinese people were literally slaughtered in the streets for fun etc. As such, I can sympathize with and understand the hostility of the Chinese towards Japan, a country which has never directly apologized to any of its victims and a country where political leaders still go to pray at shrines to some of the worst fiends of Japan's occupation of China.

The Chinese were successively occupied and exploited by European colonial powers, my family being some of those Europeans, so it is no wonder that the Chinese have some very strong views and a fear of armed foreign powers at its borders. It is a palpable fear that is passed on from generation to generation. The west needs to address those fears, both real and imagined. This isn't an excuse for Chinese belligerency or its acts of overt sabotage such as hacking foreign government databases or the theft of intellectual property or its introduction of sleeper agents into other countries. Rather, it is the key to managing the Chinese threat. Paranoid people can behave irrationally and the Chinese government policy sometimes demonstrate a country that is afraid of others. The Chinese are afflicted with an insecurity linked to the past and its government is terrified of losing control of its destiny.

The Japanese have, in fact, apologised numerous times but the recalcitrant Chinese and Koreans cannot accept the apologies because that would take away a raison d'etre for them . . . hence the constant complaints by these two countries; 'but they didn't apologise for this/that', 'they didn't include this/that' . . . it is onerous and boring to the extreme.

I know a few Russian/Chinese . . . not surprisingly they and their offspring etc... have long ago placed that bit of history into . . . history. My father-in-law fought the Japanese in Singapore and Malaya - it's done and dusted, relegated to the box marked 'history' . . . and it is hardly for the Chinese to be up in arms abut something that occurred 70 years ago when they themselves are still practising genocide on others.

Hypocrisy, thy name is China . . .

India would do well to provide China with a bloody nose

• Like 1

This report in the Sunday Guardian, and I don't often quote the Guardian, is bifurcated. The first third is about the PRChina and Pakistan encircling India with military forces on land at India's west and north and by naval forces in its "String of Pearls" bases from the Strait of Hormuz to the Strait of Malacca. Most of the article however is an understandable but meaningless rant by writer RAM JETHMALANI against the massive and endemic corruption that attends Old World countries such as India.

However, just as corruption is the system in India, so too corruption is the system in the CCP-PRC.

China is encircling India

http://www.sunday-guardian.com/analysis/china-is-encircling-india

The "String of Pearls" article by Reuters is certainly more direct and to the point concerning the CCP-PRC and Pakistan.

India encircled by China’s string of pearls?

http://blogs.reuters.com/india/2009/07/28/india-encircled-by-chinas-string-of-pearls/

Edited by Publicus

The Japanese have, in fact, apologised numerous times but the recalcitrant Chinese and Koreans cannot accept the apologies because that would take away a raison d'etre for them . . . hence the constant complaints by these two countries; 'but they didn't apologise for this/that', 'they didn't include this/that' . . . it is onerous and boring to the extreme.

I know a few Russian/Chinese . . . not surprisingly they and their offspring etc... have long ago placed that bit of history into . . . history. My father-in-law fought the Japanese in Singapore and Malaya - it's done and dusted, relegated to the box marked 'history' . . . and it is hardly for the Chinese to be up in arms abut something that occurred 70 years ago when they themselves are still practising genocide on others.

Hypocrisy, thy name is China . . .

India would do well to provide China with a bloody nose

If the Chinese want to keep the blame game going, they should look in a mirror. More Chinese were killed by Chinese in the 1940's thru 1960's than killings by outside forces multiplied fivefold.

• Like 2