Majority Favour Judges Over Red Shirts

webfact

It is obvious in my opinion that the red shirt have no respect for anyone or anything that is not "RED"

They are like hooligans and thugs who feel it is there right to protest, rampage and cause civil unrest when things do not go their way or whenever TS tells them to run amok.

It is too bad that protesting in Thailand is such a good paying job, sure a heck beats working in factories.

These red shirts do include doctors, lawyers, engineers, teacher, lecturers and many people from profeional jobs and I am sure that they are not hooligans and thugs and dont ramapage and run amok. But then you know that

It is obvious in my opinion that the red shirt have no respect for anyone or anything that is not "RED"

They are like hooligans and thugs who feel it is there right to protest, rampage and cause civil unrest when things do not go their way or whenever TS tells them to run amok.

It is too bad that protesting in Thailand is such a good paying job, sure a heck beats working in factories.

These red shirts do include doctors, lawyers, engineers, teacher, lecturers and many people from profeional jobs and I am sure that they are not hooligans and thugs and dont ramapage and run amok. But then you know that
I can guarantee you they are in the minority...most educated don't agree with Thaksins methods of politics.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is obvious in my opinion that the red shirt have no respect for anyone or anything that is not "RED"They are like hooligans and thugs who feel it is there right to protest, rampage and cause civil unrest when things do not go their way or whenever TS tells them to run amok.It is too bad that protesting in Thailand is such a good paying job, sure a heck beats working in factories.
It is obvious in my opinion that the red shirt have no respect for anyone or anything that is not "RED"They are like hooligans and thugs who feel it is there right to protest, rampage and cause civil unrest when things do not go their way or whenever TS tells them to run amok.It is too bad that protesting in Thailand is such a good paying job, sure a heck beats working in factories.
I can guarantee you they are in the minority...most educated don't agree with Thaksins methods of politics.

By educated, do you mean the people that have read the banned books?

It seems just yesterday that we were assured that the majority of the country support the red shirts. Oh wait, it was!

Hold a General election tomorrow, fancy a wager on the Dems winning? I think not.

Edited by PREM-R
  • Like 1

Lets get real. The ruling minority won't be winning elections.

The Nation is softening up the crowd for another coup.

Does anyone really believe anything this newspaper puts out?

Let Thai people vote with international observers and the losers respect the outcome.

The army does not have the credibility to do the choosing every time they disagree with the winner.

If there's a coup, the red shirts and the PTP are the ones who pushed it.

They're the ones trying to intimidate the judiciary and replace them with their own people. Isn't that a coup also? You win an election and you think you have the right to decide how the judiciary rules? No one likes a coup but I'd sooner have one then have these red idiots turn this country into Thaksin's little kingdom. Stay the F out.

The survey discussed in this artical was unessary appearing to be inspired by another of Khun Abhisits war drum campaigns which threaten Thailand's survival as a democracy.

Who dreams up these surveys? Who pays for them and who provides the questions? And when the survey results point in a direction favoured by the anti-democracy views of the 'Democramtic Party' who Thrusts the results of the survey(s) at the public in such strangely worded articals without listing the questions actually asked.

Time to retire Khun Abhisit for a while up so that he can review his statements and actions these past eight years. He will see that his views seem to be tempered by paranoia and anxiety related to Thaksin Shinawatra and his dreaded 'Red Shirts'.

Oh like those surveys that gave PTP an assured lead in the Bangkok Governor election - yeah wondered who paid for those? The Dems or PTP?

• Like 1

Are these the same judges that were caught red handed on video colluding with the Democrats?

No. If you read up on it, you will find that they weren't "colluding with the Democrats". The assistant that took the videos is the one that organised the meetings, then he did a runner, and then he joined the PTP.

Well that's one way of looking at it. Have you heard the phrases, often used on here, "There's no smoke without fire", "If it looks like a duck etc".

Let Thai people vote with international observers and the losers respect the outcome.

The army does not have the credibility to do the choosing every time they disagree with the winner.

They're the ones trying to intimidate the judiciary and replace them with their own people. Isn't that a coup also? You win an election and you think you have the right to decide how the judiciary rules? No one likes a coup but I'd sooner have one then have these red idiots turn this country into Thaksin's little kingdom. Stay the F out.

And how do you propose the PTP " replace them with their own people" ? If you are not aware on how the CC Judges are determined read this

The highest court of Thailand is the Constitutional Court. This nine judge panel is selected in various ways. Three members are elected by the Supreme Court of Justice from among its ranks. Two are similarly elected from the Supreme Administrative Court. The final four are not judges prior to obtaining this post. The Constitution mandates that two of these members must be legal professionals, while the other two members must be in the fields of political science, public administration, or social sciences with a background in public affairs. These four judges are selected by the Selective Committee comprised of the other judges of the Constitutional Court, the Presidents of the House majority and minority, and the President of the Constitutional independent organizations. The Senate then approves the nomination, and the King officially appoints them to the Court

http://www.constitutionnet.org/country/constitutional-history-thailand

Doesn't leave much room for nepotistic nominations does it ? - well, at least not from the PTP side, from the Senate/Judges side it's a different matter completely, which is why there is a call to shake things up from the government.

Edited by muttley
  • Like 1

It seems just yesterday that we were assured that the majority of the country support the red shirts. Oh wait, it was!

Hold a General election tomorrow, fancy a wager on the Dems winning? I think not.

Are the red shirts fielding candidates, or are they the militia wing of PTP?

With the army getting a "just following orders" pass from the DSI the other day, they just may stay out of this one. After all, they know who will win any election and they know that another coup will not just bring heavy opposition internally but also from abroad. This is a NIDA poll. Nida is a pretty yellow place and this poll is out of line with previous polls on the constitutional court.

If the army sit on the sidelines it will be the legislature who decide the outcome as they are the law makers in whom the will of the people reside and the only body that can break an impasse (true when you have a clash of the estates in most parliamentary democracies). If things do not take this route then it will get very messy and result in street politics. However, the reds have a very big advantage in this area, so with a bit of luck it will be avoided. It is best to just hope the Thai people find a way round all of this and one in which violence is at least minimized.

Edited by hammered
  • Like 2

Then again most people weren't betting on the Dems winning in Bangkok either!

What many seem to forget is that whilst there are significant elements who support both the Dems and PT, the majority of the Thai people are more interested in getting on with their own lives, not the political shenanigans of either side. They are becoming sick of the incessant games politician play and ultimately don't trust them anyway.

With the army getting a "just following orders" pass from the DSI the other day, they just may stay out of this one. After all, they know who will win any election and they know that another coup will not just bring heavy opposition internally but also from abroad. This is a NIDA poll. Nida is a pretty yellow place and this poll is out of line with previous polls on the constitutional court.

If the army sit on the sidelines it will be the legislature who decide the outcome as they are the law makers in whom the will of the people reside and the only body that can break an impasse (true when you have a clash of the estates in most parliamentary democracies). If things do not take this route then it will get very messy and result in street politics. However, the reds have a very big advantage in this area, so with a bit of luck it will be avoided. It is best to just hope the Thai people find a way round all of this and one in which violence is at least minimized.

So you're hoping we only get red shirt violence and the RTA doesn't step in?

This is a NIDA poll. Nida is a pretty yellow place and this poll is out of line with previous polls on the constitutional court.

What makes NIDA a "pretty yellow place" and what other polls on the Constitutional Court is this current one out of line with?

Unable to find corroborating information on either.

Edited by brd199

I guess it would be too hard to get Gallup to do these polls so that the whole bias accusation dissapeared.

An interesting national survey conducted by a non thai organisation conducted in late 2010 can be downloaded here: http://asiafoundation.org/publications/pdf/855

On p67 of the national survey with regards to integrity of institutions it found that 59% of thais have a high or very high regard for the judiciary and when it comes to parliament and MPs 11% of thais have high or very high regard for their integrity.

This survey does seem corroborate the results of NIDA's survey.

BTW on p19 it shows that 7% of the thai electorate consider themselves aligned with the red shirts and 7% more are red leaning. Yellow numbers are 5% and 5% by the same measurement. And it ties in with the results of this survey, though its an interpretation to equate red shirt numbers with the numbers who agree with putting pressure on the constitution court.

One thing is for sure red shirts are very much a minority bloc on this issue.

Edited by longway

61.6 per cent of respondents disagreed with the red shirts and Pheu Thai Party who are putting pressure on the Constitutional Court

Protests should be organised to demand that 61.6% of respondents should resign from their positions as respondents, otherwise the protests should be instensified.

• Like 1

And how do you propose the PTP " replace them with their own people" ? If you are not aware on how the CC Judges are determined read this

>The highest court of Thailand is the Constitutional Court. This nine judge panel is selected in various ways. Three members are elected by the Supreme Court of Justice from among its ranks. Two are similarly elected from the Supreme Administrative Court. The final four are not judges prior to obtaining this post. The Constitution mandates that two of these members must be legal professionals, while the other two members must be in the fields of political science, public administration, or social sciences with a background in public affairs. These four judges are selected by the Selective Committee comprised of the other judges of the Constitutional Court, the Presidents of the House majority and minority, and the President of the Constitutional independent organizations. The Senate then approves the nomination, and the King officially appoints them to the Court

http://www.constitutionnet.org/country/constitutional-history-thailand

Doesn't leave much room for nepotistic nominations does it ? - well, at least not from the PTP side, from the Senate/Judges side it's a different matter completely, which is why there is a call to shake things up from the government.

You are correct nominations to the Constitution Court doesn't leave much room for nepotistic nominations.

Could that be why PTP has issue with it? They can't get their men in to do the job they want doing?? Just a thought.

Not so sure that if an election was held today that PT would win.

There are so many things that they have alienated themselves from various groups that I suspect their support has dwindled considerably.

There is this survey to start with, of the 61% against the reds, how many were previous PT supporters who are having second thoughts?

Then there are those who have seen through the rice thing, the 'where are my kids tablets parents', the uni grads who have not got their promised 15k pm, those who have been burnt by the 300b min wage and of course those who have not got it.

Every day on tele (non govt channel) I see new groups coming out and protesting about something or other, just yesterday there was the old people in Phitsanulok who were given rotten rice.

How many of the farmers (and others) are now heavily or more heavily in debt than before PT took over?

There are the 2 recent by elections that the Dems won that PT expected to win, the reduced majority for big sister and the BKK election that went the Dems way.

Take a look on the Thai social networking sites and Facebook and you will see the outrage over Yinglucks speech.

Worse I suspect is to come with a lot of people being forced from their land to make way for the flood relief projects that the Govt wont give any details of.

All these things, and others must add up to a fair bit of lost support.

I would think PT would have to promise some substantial bribes incentives to maintain their support anywhere.

• Like 1

I don't hold much store in polls but NIDA does have more credibility than most having been the only pollster getting the Bangkok governor election result right.

I do suspect that residents (excluding transients) of Bangkok have had enough of red shirt violence & intimidation. Isan is another story.

PTP (Thaksin in reality) don't want the judges just to resign, they want it enfeebled or controllable like the DSI. The sad part is that ramping up the protests to intimidation to violence seems to be the strategy.

The inmates are taking over the prison.

• Like 2

I don't hold much store in polls but NIDA does have more credibility than most having been the only pollster getting the Bangkok governor election result right.

I do suspect that residents (excluding transients) of Bangkok have had enough of red shirt violence & intimidation. Isan is another story.

PTP (Thaksin in reality) don't want the judges just to resign, they want it enfeebled or controllable like the DSI. The sad part is that ramping up the protests to intimidation to violence seems to be the strategy.

Mob rule. Worked for the yellow shirts.

Mob rule. Worked for the yellow shirts.

Unfortunately it did not work for the red shirts although they seem hell bent on trying again.

So 39% think it's ok to threaten a court? Great.....

I don't know where you got the 39% figure ........

If 61%

+ 24%---Those with no opinion

That is 85% from where I went to school

I didn't bother reading the 24% with no opinion. However, that is non committal, so it would be an unfair inference to assume that they side with those that support the judges.

How anyone answers no opinion on like this God knows, but they did.

It's odd that the reds are complaining that the CC is making judgements that are not its responsibility (I don't know if they are right) but they are demanding that the judges should resign which isn't the reds responsibility.

Mob rule. Worked for the red shirts time and again.

At least the poll reflects their paltry support of 13.5%

Edited by brd199

Mob rule. Worked for the red shirts time and again.

At least the poll reflects their paltry support of 13.5%

I guess the PTP doesn't have a chance in the next election.