Channel 7 Journalist Receives Death Threats In Chonburi

webfact

Channel 7 Journalist Death Threat

23.jpg

Chonburi Provincial Police Office, 14:00, Mr. Pairoj Sangpa, a local journalist for Channel 7, came to the Pol. Maj. Gen. Katcha Thatusart, Commissioner of Chonburi Provincial Police, explaining he was threatened by a gang named “Mac Korlai” a meth smuggling gang which has influenced much on the area of Banbueng, Chonburi. The gang threatened Mr. Pairoj they were going to kill by hiring a hit man to kill him, reason because they thought Mr. Pairoj was a police spy.

CHONBURI – May 2, 2013 [PDN]; After telling Pol. Maj. Gen. Katcha Thatusar, police immediately took action, Mr. Pairoj and his family was being protected by local police, the police are now making arrests because of Mr. Pairoj’s cooperation with the police.

Mr. Pairoj, the local journalist for channel 7, said the cause of the threat was made because, he had been working in the area with police for a few years, and this made him close the police force. The police would borrow Mr. Pairoj car to investigate in depth for this made it easier to spot suspects and seize more evidence. This had made Mr. Pairoj a wanted man of the gang.

Full story: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/05/03/channel-7-journalist-death-threat/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-05-03

Wow patts is really going down hill fast lately !

!i know its been on the "feeling safe after dark" decline in the last 2 years or is it just that reporting has become braver ?

Ban Bueng is hardly Pattaya...only thing they have in common is they're both in Chonburi province (which is very big).

Yes the police borrowing his car... <deleted> indeed... another bit of mysterious BiB procedure... wonder if they were taught that tactic at the academy? Always good to make someone else target I suppose.

It's a very sad day when journalists are threatened or worse for doing their job well.

I reckon most Thai journalists know better than to even try (if they value their life). Talking about the touchy investigative type stuff that ruffles feathers, not everyday he fled from the scene of the accident stuff.

• Like 1

It's a very sad day when journalists are threatened or worse for doing their job well.

I hope it doesn't become a common occurrence..... but it probably will in this lawless state, history will show that.

I hope it doesn't become a common occurrence..... but it probably will in this lawless state, history will show that.

And yet we still choose to live here. This would be a good one for psychologists to analyse.

And yet we still choose to live here. This would be a good one for psychologists to analyse.

Any good psychologist will be living in Malibu or Monaco, I doubt that we would ever meet one, not that I would want to.

wonder why they went public with this, maybe the journalist was short of a story?

If you were on the receiving end of some death threats, wouldn't you let as many people know about it as possible, I would.

wonder why they went public with this, maybe the journalist was short of a story?

If you were on the receiving end of some death threats, wouldn't you let as many people know about it as possible, I would.

I guess, but hes already in with the police, making it public is sort of an admision that he doesnt think the police are able or want to act on it, which may well be the case but perhaps not something you would want the people threatening you to know

If this guy has been allowing the police to borrow his news car for surveilance and undercover work then he deserves what he gets, he's crossed the line journalists need to walk.

Also pretty stupid, time too relocate and change professions due to is own stupidity.

If this guy has been allowing the police to borrow his news car for surveilance and undercover work then he deserves what he gets, he's crossed the line journalists need to walk.

maybe so but there are quite a number of farang in Pattaya that head both news and police organisations, so that line may not exist in Thailand

Starting to sound like Tijuana .....................

Well he did 'gotten' a certificate once.

Too small for a shroud I would guess.

Worked U/C many years ago on a corruption gig , High Profile is the safest bet at protection,helped save my neck at the time . BUT , don't know about it working in Thailand.

Good Luck !!

ph34r.png