The Weather In Paradise

swissie

Always kept contact to friends in my home-country. They are my age-group. So, quite often the question arises: "How are things in Thailand, I am considering to retire in Thailand."

In the meantime, I always start with the weather:

- Mid-November to February = Cool-season (very pleasant to live here).

- March to mid-June = Hot season ( not pleasant).

- Mid-June to early September = Fringe-Season. (Still Hot with high humidity and frequent rain. not pleasant).

- Early September to mid-November = Rainy-Season. (Still hot with high humidity and torrential rains, sometimes lasting for days, not pleasant.)

After realizing, that the weather is only truly pleasant for 3 1/2 months of the year, many times I get feedbacks like: "Thanks for info, but will look around some more". OR: " Oh boy, coulden't be for the weather, could it". What else is there?

Then I start to mention some of the advantages of living in Thailand. But the final "clincher" seems to be mainly: The low cost of living here.

Folks, let's all hope that the "low cost of living factor" remains in place for a long time to come to make farangs want to stay here. Or is it the weather?

Cheers.

let's all hope that the "low cost of living factor" remains in place for a long time to come to make farangs want to stay here. Or is it the weather?

As long as the Thai ladies are "accomadating" (provided you have cash in your pocket) the farangs will want to stay here, irrespetive of the weather or "low cost of living"

Woops...I forgot all farangs came here for the beaches and temples...silly me..

• Like 1

let's all hope that the "low cost of living factor" remains in place for a long time to come to make farangs want to stay here. Or is it the weather?

As long as the Thai ladies are "accomadating" (provided you have cash in your pocket) the farangs will want to stay here, irrespetive of the weather or "low cost of living"

Thanks Soutpeel.

I was too shy to mention the "lady factor", especially in a forum, where 99% of all Farangs are married with Thai Ex-Bankers, Hotel Receptionists from the Hilton, Ex Governement-Employees, School-Teachers etc. This of course explains their advanced english-language-skills.

So Soutpeel, if it's not for the weather, the temples, the beautiful landscape, the endless variety of the Thai-Cuisine (if you like rice), for god's sake, what is it that makes Falangs want to stay here?

Soutpeel, you said it and I dare to repeat it: It must be the ladies.

I realize, I will be scorned by 99% of farangs (see above) in this forum from now on. Strangely enough, I think I can live with that.

Cheers.

• Like 1

re

After realizing, that the weather is only truly pleasant for 3 1/2 months of the year, many times I get feedbacks like: "Thanks for info, but will look around some more". OR: " Oh boy, coulden't be for the weather, could it". What else is there?

the temples : )

pics taken in chiang mai this morning

enjoy .. dave2

post-42592-0-23773500-1367581086_thumb.j

post-42592-0-25706400-1367581163_thumb.j

post-42592-0-68379000-1367581206_thumb.j

post-42592-0-64191000-1367581249_thumb.j

• Like 1

no , i came here for the most beautiful lady i have ever met , and guess what , she was not a bar girl .. smart me

The weather in my part of paradise 65 km southwest of Khampaeng Phet is best described using the name of a BBC TV comedy series.

"It ain't 'arf 'ot, Mum."

]12.40 Saturday afternoon 4th May 2013 its 38C outside in the shade and 32.2 inside the house with the fans on.

Edited by billd766