Runtime Error , Debugging?

taxexile

sometimes when opening a webpage , an error message appears informing me that there is a RUNTIME ERROR , do i wish to DEBUG , an object is expected at line xx.

if i click the debug option , a debugging program opens that i cant make any sense of , if i decline the option to debug , the webpage usually continues to open as normal , although sometimes five or six of these error messages pop up and need to be cleared before i can continue.

what exactly is happening and how can i stop it ?

thanks in advance for any help or information

Its because there is an error on the webpage, most of wich aren't fatal. How to stop it depends on your browser. If it's IExplorer, you go to 'Tools --> Internet options --> Advanced' and set a checkmark in 'Disable script debugging (Explorer/other)' and remove the checkmark in 'Display a notification about every script error'

Can be a software conflict, a memory issue or a virus.

Is there a number after the error message? This will tell you what the problem is, for example error 216 can occur if your computer is infected with a SubSeven Trojan virus.

But for an explanation of runtime errors and their numbers have a look at

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000380.htm

Maybe that will help.

there is no error number coming up , i also got this message when using the smilies in the reply window (on this forum).

but since applying rishis cure , everything is normal.

i will look at the runtime error link you gave though.

Can be a software conflict, a memory issue or a virus.

Is there a number after the error message? This will tell you what the problem is, for example error 216 can occur if your computer is infected with a SubSeven Trojan virus.

But for an explanation of runtime errors and their numbers have a look at

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000380.htm

Maybe that will help.

The error msg's tax is reporting are Javascript errors that are usually displayed in your web browser. A bit different to the errors listed on that link mate.