Luncheon For Retired Leos Of Any Western Nation

BarnicaleBob

I would like to know if there is any interest by retired LEO’s who live in the Chiang Mai area
in joining a luncheon group that would meet once or twice a month to share the comradely
of the brotherhood. This group would be open only to LEOs who have
served 20 plus years with a Federal, State, County or City agency of any
Western nation.

If interested PM me and we will set up a luncheon date.

How wide a definition for Leo's? Customs/Excise Officers, Immigration Officers, Park or Shire Rangers, Military,Taxation Inspectors, RSPCA, Parking Inspectors, Detectives, ....etc.Even with Police there are people that spend their entire career in IT, a Pipe Band, HR, Photography, Forensics, etc without ever being operational as such.

You may have to have some boundaries for LEO otherwise you could lose the comradely aspect (if indeed you seek to have simply "operational police").

To me whatever LEO you belonged to (past tense) it was all rather insular. Great relationship and memories with immediate team but not the wider organisation as such and certainly not other jurisdictions. For this reason I personally would look at a broader group as am unlikley to be a "sharer" as such.

LEO's can be very heirachial (as far as my agency is better than yours) and would hate to see factions developed....another reason perhaps to have broader more embracing invitation (to me anyway)...some may well like mixing with their "own".

Personally can only relive old glories with old comrades, and would rather look forward to new friends in CM from a variety of LEO agencies and jobs.

Also (for same reasons above) the "only western" doesn't do it for me I'm afraid, and in fact puts me off a bit. I'd be more interested in South American, Vietnamese, Malaysian etc even Thai...at least that would be different (as far as potential for lack of common experiences and therefore to me something totally new). If its a worry about their "professionalism" or commitment there are some western jurisdictions that are not that hot.

Edited by mamborobert

Manborobert,

All of the points you have brought up are worthy. My answer to that would be open to suggestion by those who choose to attend a luncheon with us.

When I said Western LEOs my only thought at the time would be those that could all converse in English to one degree or another and only so that we could communicate. Not much of a luncheon if we can't all understand each other.

I am not the one who should pick what type of officer can or can not attend, that is up to all come. I think if they attended an academy, were sworn in, and served with a badge they should be one of us regardless of what type of officer they were. I would include corrections as well because they meet the above suggested requirements. Nearly any of us who have attended an academy, were sworn in, and served with a badge; at one time or another were face to face with a common evil in one form or another during our careers.

Manborobert,

All of the points you have brought up are worthy. My answer to that would be open to suggestion by those who choose to attend a luncheon with us.

When I said Western LEOs my only thought at the time would be those that could all converse in English to one degree or another and only so that we could communicate. Not much of a luncheon if we can't all understand each other.

I am not the one who should pick what type of officer can or can not attend, that is up to all come. I think if they attended an academy, were sworn in, and served with a badge they should be one of us regardless of what type of officer they were. I would include corrections as well because they meet the above suggested requirements. Nearly any of us who have attended an academy, were sworn in, and served with a badge; at one time or another were face to face with a common evil in one form or another during our careers.

Just like the VFW only English speakers allowed.

The badge means no 20 year inmates.