Karaoke Bars

salavan

Hi all due to the lack of farang type bars in central thailand, i just wondered if anyone out there has had any experience with the local thai type karaoke bars would you be unwelcome, i doubt if any of the hosteses speak english

In response to your questions/implied question:

Yes

Some yes (usually upper end ones in bigger towns), most no (your money would be welcome)

Most yes (don't speak English - but often a 'litten bit ingrish'), some no. Go in drunk the first time and you won't care (they don't). Next time you will be a welcome regualr customer.

Anything more and I'll be in trouble with the mods ... and worse.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

In a nutshell 'No' will depend where you are located, after some time you can usually find a place you like to go to whether is frangie orientated or Thai doesn't matter.

Most little Thai roadside restaurants have beer and restaurants in villages.

If you don't mine paying whatever the price is then you should have no problem with finding beer anywhere.

I'm mean I only go where is sells the cheapest or if I become regular I do a deal with the owner.laugh.pngbiggrin.png

Edited by Kwasaki

In a nutshell 'No' will depend where you are located, after some time you can usually find a place you like to go to whether is frangie orientated or Thai doesn't matter.

If you don't mine paying whatever the price is then you should have no problem with finding beer anywhere.

I'm mean I only go where is sells the cheapest or if I become regular I do a deal with the owner.laugh.pngbiggrin.png

The average farang may have other things on his mind than purchasing beer, while visiting a Karaoke.smile.png

Cheers.

The average farang may have other things on his mind than purchasing beer, while visiting a Karaoke.smile.png

Cheers.

I would say not the average farang more the minority.

Many places don't have Karaoke.

Cheers.

Depending on what type of karaoke bar the average farang visits, he may find out he has purchased more than a beer when presented with the bill.

Snacks provided, 500 baht please for your 10 baht bag of peanuts, beer Chang, 400 baht per bottle, hostesses provided another 500 baht per hostess provided, so you sit with 4 hostesses that another 2,000 baht, before you have bought them any drinks.

These rip offs are not limited to only farang, Thais get screwed over big time, there are cases of bills in the region of 30k baht being presented to the unwary.

Unless you speak Thai I would recommend stay well clear.

Another problem is, too many farang think they can treat these women the way the treat women in Pattaya, groping and touching them up, Somchai and his mates in the corner wont stand for that, make sure you dont cause the motorcycle taxi driver outside to lose face as you touch up his mrs, etc etc.

• Like 1

Then there is karaoke bars, I'm just going to eat at one, near PA Ville hotel. Nice people, good food and for karaoke, just like to at home. Everyone can sing and have some songs in english too. And no problem, you don't have to sing, eat and drink.