Uk Woman Moving To Thailand

Hi, I have a couple of questions for the experts which I hope you can explain in simple straight forward terms.

I am a UK passprot holder from blighty and intend to go to Chiang Mai to live with a Thai female friend there for the rest of my life. I am 48 , so I realise I am 2 years off of the minimum retirement visa age. I have the funds for now and enough for the qualification after 50. I will be staying in CM till I reach 60.

Q1 Am I required to apply from outside the Kingdom or can I do it from CM or a neighbouring country, rather than back here in the UK.

I have applied for a 60 day tourist visa in UK from Thai Embassy already and have a one way ticket for late March 2004. I intend to cross the border every month.

Q2 Can you advise if I should be applying for a different visa before I go? What other options are there.

Sawasdee ka

Ally

Q1 Am I required to apply from outside the Kingdom or can I do it from CM or a neighbouring country, rather than back here in the UK.
for a thai visa you do can get one from any thai consulate outside thailand, but not in CM.
Q2 Can you advise if I should be applying for a different visa before I go? What other options are there.

yes, if you are going to be staying in thailand for 12 years, you can't be a tourist. what you need is a Non-Immigrant visa. again you need to get your visa before you arrive in thailand. as you already know you will need to be 50 years or older to qualify for a retirement visa.

one year extensions are available from thai immigration once you have a non immigrant visa. that is what your goal should be.

there are many details and requirements for some of what i mentioned, its best to explore this website and follow this forum for more information.