Do You Know A Good Reggae Band

jonnyG

Hello,

I hope someone can help me.

My friends are getting married in Hua Hin this coming August and have asked me to help them find a reggae band to play for the day. They have asked me to help because I live here in the LOS so it should be easier to find one, I'm having a hard time though!

Does anyone have any contacts with decent bands up there?

Maybe you know a band personally or have seen one play locally?

Please post here or pm me to pass on telephone numbers etc

Many Thanks from JG

T-Bone are probably the biggest ska-reggae band in Thailand.

You can check how they sound at Saxophone bar in BKK every Fri or Sat at midnight, since their are the resident band...You can talk to them at the end of the show.

Should you not be able to make it, PM me and I will get you in touch with them...

Bull

Edited by Bull

I think reggae is not popular in Thailan, at least anymore

in Malaysia may be more so - I rememmber in KL, CHina town, there is even one bar called something like "Could you be loved?"

I doubt one can find live reggae band here nowdays. rap or hip hop mosre probably ! :o

Thanks for the replies.

If Ziggy Marley is willing to play in Hua Hin, I'll let you all know!!

I have tried 'job2do' as they are fantastic live, their quote was a little (alot) out of price range though!!

My friends have about 10k baht budget for this, so I'm not looking for the biggest or best bands around, just some local guys that would perhaps be happy for the gig and give my friends a great day!

I have seen many reggae bands play around Thailand, I don't think its all that rare, but maybe my lack of success in finding one shows me something different! Still gotta check out the local bars in the South. Might be the best bet but, I thought I'd see if you Hua Hin locals had any insider info!

johnnyk, you mention Toots and the Maytals and Jimmy Cliff, any idea where they play?

Bull, please let me know about T bone, I'm not getting to BKK anytime soon, telephone numbers? Are they Thai?

cheers guys.

JG

• 3 years later...

Hi there,

I ' ve found this old post by searching for Job2do and I am hoping that you will be able to helping me... I recently opened a beautiful beach spot, a restaurant, bar & lounge on KC and I am very interested to get Job2do to play at my place for my grand opening party on December, 20th.

Would you be able to help me with a quotation and booking contact? I am also interested in any possible sponsoring by Thai beverage companies, such as Singha, Chang etc...

I am looking forward to hearing from you,

Thanks & kind regards,

BardelMar

There is a great one down here in the south called 'Job To Do'. If you want a price quote please send me a message and I'll get it for you. They have several albums out in Thailand.

Seonai

Edited by bardelmar

• 1 month later...