Tranfering Money Us Curreny To Thai Currency

Hi,

Need advice from those experience transfering money from US curreny to Thai curreny. We plan to buy condo in Thailand so will be tranfering large sum of money from the US Bank to Thai bank.

What is the best way in term of rate and cost?

Many thanks,

Hi,

Need advice from those experience transfering money from US curreny to Thai curreny. We plan to buy condo in Thailand so will be tranfering large sum of money from the US Bank to Thai bank.

Many thanks,

You need to register that transfer or the thais will not let you take YOUR MONEY out of Thailand

I use Citibank USA and Siam Commercial Bank here in Thailand so I can't tell you what the other banks charge. I would expect the charges to be similar. I am able to set up a wire transfer via the Internet. They will ask you what currency you want, baht or dollars. Take dollars. My money always arrives the very next day. Citibank exchange rate has always been exactly what the exchange rate on my Yahoo home page states. Citibank charges $30 US for the transfer regardless of what the amount is. The Siam Bank charge is very small. In fact I don't know what it is because I always figure the exchange rate with what they actually put in my account. When I bought my condo Siam Bank gave me a paper to verify that the money was transferred in dollars from the USA. It was pretty painless and simple. Good luck.

Hi,

Many thanks,