Immigration Phitsanulok 30 Day Extension.

Just got a 30 day extension , had to wait about half and hour, a few burmese workers were getting visa's , the guy's behind the counter were great , lots of humor, when I said 30 day extension, they all burst out laughing, saying everybody generally asks for 30 months, took about 10 mins, there was also three girls assisting the guy's at the counter, all in all a professional group. clap2.gif

I'm really pleased for you and that you found something professional in Phitsanulok. I spent years trying before I finally gave up and moved somewhere else!

I don't find it all that bad BrianCR , the place is hot in the hot hot months, like now , the appetizers generally arrive after the desert at the restaurants, but on the whole it's fine, you got Tesco extra and central here now.

• Like 1

Any immigration office can provide a 30 day extension on normal tourist visa 60 day entry. Almost every province now has an immigration office and those without have an adjacent office that takes care of that province.

Hi, I was surprised to hear that a 30 day extension is now available in P'lok...

When did this start? Is this for anyone on a "normal" tourist visa?

I believe one can extend a tourist visa at any immigration office in Thailand,when and how long this has been the case I don't know,but I use Phitsanulok often also and never have a problem with them,friendly,efficient service.

A normal tourist visa (which is what you obtain from a Thai Consulate and provides most people a 60 day stay) gets a 30 day extension - the 7 days to depart is a disapproved extension such was when here on 15 or 30 day visa exempt entry and you request an extension.

Got today my annual extention of my permit to stay based on retirement at Phitsanulok immigration.

New staff and new regulations.

I had to provide a bank letter dated today with the actual exchange rates. Never had to do that before.

A local Kasikorn bank gave me a letter with a crazy rate of more than 40 Baht for a Euro. Wish that was true.

It was accepted without any remarks.

Good to know for the members who have to go to Phitsanulok immigration.

You must have a foreign currency account? Most people would have the amount in baht so there would not be any exchange rate to report.

The extention was on basis of embassy letter, stating my income abroad in Euro.

You specifically stated bank letter in your post and a Thai bank so appeared to be an account here. For an Embassy letter if they want you to convert you just provide a current exchange rate or they look it up in every report I have seen.

You specifically stated bank letter in your post and a Thai bank so appeared to be an account here. For an Embassy letter if they want you to convert you just provide a current exchange rate or they look it up in every report I have seen.

Yes, a bank letter stating the actual exchange rates. The officer refused to have a look at the internet but told me to get a paper from the bank to add to my file. I still do not understand the officer, because I have an income of over 1 million two hundred thousand Baht. I did not want to start a discussion with him.

I thought it was interesting news for the people using the Phitsanulok immigration office.

As said, new for me too.