Grand Prix Driver

TBWG

Hi

Who was the last and only Thai driver :o to compete in an F1 grand Prix?

TBWG :D

Would that be Birabongse Bhanuban?

Hi Chumbles.

Sure would, Prince Bira competed in the early 50's with a certain amount of success.

Although to a certain extent he seems to have been written out of Thai history, think he was a bit of a black sheep of the family spending so much time in the west.

Like most Thais my wife is a great royalist and was amazed to learn of him. As we well know history is regularly doctored to suit circumstances.

TBWG :D

I must admit I was very surprised when I heard there was a Thai F1 driver, he scored a few points too!

What do you reckon on this season? After 2 races it looks like Alonso will be tough to beat again. Button is looking good, do you think his maided win will come coon>?

What do you reckon on this season? After 2 races it looks like Alonso will be tough to beat again. Button is looking good, do you think his maided win will come coon>?

Latest betting odds are: Alonso - 13/8; Raikkonen - 3/1; Scumacher - 6/1; Button - 12/1; Montoya - 20:1.

If I was a betting man, i think Button would be a good one to put a bob or two on.

I must admit I was very surprised when I heard there was a Thai F1 driver, he scored a few points too!

Hi Chumbles

I'd like to think that Button will win soon, but his team need to sharpen up their strategy.

They seem to be lacking in this area, he is always getting stuck in traffic and they seem to bring him in for tyres/fuel at the wrong time. He always comes out in traffic again, whereas Ferrari/Renault always seem to make up places in pit stops and come out with a clear track in front of them.

Anyway, I am now a great fan of Nico Rosberg such a mature person at a young age and a b****y quick driver, my long shot a Williams victory at some time in the season.

Roll on Australian GP

TBWG :o

Hi Chumbles

I'd like to think that Button will win soon, but his team need to sharpen up their strategy.

They seem to be lacking in this area, he is always getting stuck in traffic and they seem to bring him in for tyres/fuel at the wrong time. He always comes out in traffic again, whereas Ferrari/Renault always seem to make up places in pit stops and come out with a clear track in front of them.

Anyway, I am now a great fan of Nico Rosberg such a mature person at a young age and a b****y quick driver, my long shot a Williams victory at some time in the season.

Roll on Australian GP

Yes I agree that Nico Rosberg has been excellent so far this season, he is the best young driver I have seen in a while.

BAR have said they can make changes to the car for the Aussie GP and close the gap on Renault, lets hope they can!

Have you seen this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/4831706.stm

Hi Lisa

A Mark Webber win would be nice!!

Hi TBWG,

It would be nice for Webber....on his home turf.....

Then again I agree with you and chumbles regarding Rosberg.... his father would be very proud.... think he will be a force to be reckoned with...

L