Any Visa Entitlements From Having My Name In Family Book Or On A Title Deed?

I have been advised by an Australian lawyer versed in Thai law the exact opposite,but hey,thats law for you.quote name="Mario2008" post="6380562" timestamp="1367989090"]

It is best to have two wills, one for property in Australia and one for property in Thailand. The reason for that is that if you have only 1 will, it must comply with the law of both countries. That can lead to some difficulty and could also be more expensive.

Yes, It makes sense about a single Will not being interpreted in two different ways in each country due to the cultural and legal issues of the country's So I guess we will both have to make Wills in Thailand.

One question though, is a Last Will and Testament a normal document for a Thai and commonly used or don't they bother? It is vaguely referenced in one or two of the posts that they may not bother as the Government would see all of the deceased property and assets pass to the next of kin or equally split among their siblings?

• 4 months later...

An update on arrival.

We have now moved and going thru the formalities.

I have now been told by the local district office I will get the Yellow Book and not the Blue Book as previously told. From various posts in this thread this is the correct procedure and it will help with establishing my creds for a bank account.

Now we just need the Wills sorted.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app