Non-imm O's, Work Permits, Extensions

My understanding from most of what I have read here is that you can indeed get a work permit on a Non-Imm 'O' visa.

Good stuff!

Now, an associated question.

Can you get your non-imm 'o' extended to a one year visa, or whatever it is they do, so that your work permit will be for a full year as well, rather than three months at a time per the exit stamp? or have you always been able to do so and my previous, very lame employers just didn't know what they were doing.

Since new employment is imminent, I would like to do it as efficiently as possible.

Thanks,

Burrito

Yes, to all three of your questions (except that "always" probably doesn't fully apply).

When you get your WP, it will have the same expiry date as your current permitted-to-stay. If you meet the requirements so you can get 1-year extensions of your stay, your WP-expiry date will be correspondingly adjusted, next time you get it extended.

Can you get your non-imm 'o' extended to a one year visa, or whatever it is they do, so that your work permit will be for a full year as well....

I am not a native speaker and am not sure exactly what you're asking here, but to avoid eventual misunderstanding: .... It is not so that having a WP can in itself yield a 1-year extension of a visa. Specifically talking visa type "O", WP doesn't have any relevance to 1-year extensions (exept that it might help in meeting financial requirements)