Udon Thani Woman Arrested For Allegedly Murdering 70-Year-Old Austrian Boyfriend

webfact

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im new here and just cannot believe how racist and sexist most of the comments are! sad.png

Welcome to the real world....

+1

Actually, if you haven't noticed, the world is made of sexes (genders) and many different races.

This you cannot deny - it is a fact!.

They all may have equal Legal Rights, but they are not equal!

This you also cannot deny - it is a fact!

Being new here is immaterial, unless you are new to this world. And, please, do not label me. I didn't do it!

Edited by ABCer

I read this sort of thing a lot on here and think "What have I got myself into? Is this going to happen to me? Will I be safe in Thailand"?

Im 49 and Ive been to Thailand 2 times now. My first visit a year ago was to meet a 34 yr old Thai lass that I met on a web site. Her sister acted as chaperone and things moved rather quickly. My second visit was 5 months later and it was this visit that I organised her passport and applied for a tourist visa for her to come to Australia.

In December 2012 she arrived and we spent 3 months together. It was an interesting time.. I worked during the day and she slept mostly and watched TV a fair bit but that was ok because I knew she was learning more english and it kept her busy while I worked. She did ask me when I first met her If I knew about "thai culture"...Hmmm I thought ..Is she was referring to money? anyway alarm bells rangfor me. I later learnt that she was referring to money and in particular me helping support not only her but her parents. I told her that I don`t mind helping when I can but not to rely on it being regular... . One day i came home and I noticed she was quiet more than normal. I asked her If everything was ok and she said yes but I wasn`t convinced. Much later when I probed more she told me about her credit card and I remember saying why did you say everything was ok when It was not..she said she was embarrassed..yeah right!

I got to a point where I felt the age difference in this case was an issue. Shes a bit immature and moody tends to sulk ..I cant say that I love her because everything is rushed we have communication problems in that I need to learn Thai and she needs to learn English which has improved heaps. She wants me to sell everything and move to Thailand and open a 7/11 store. I am not happy with my current employment in a government job but I can`t just sell everything and move to a country where I cannot buy property in my name...she stormed off into the lounge room saying im too negative and not a word was said that night until I got home the following day. When I got home we hugged and she apologised which was a relief but I was starting to feel that i can`t wait for her time to be over so she can go home..for me it was over...Until she told me she was pregnant.

In my Amphoe I have contacts to a group of expats. 80% have problems with money.

1. the wife is gambling addicted.

2. the family needs money for a lot of different things.

3. small local loan sharks have a target group.

4. Many Expats are too stupid for Thailand.

1. Many foreigners don't even realize that the aerobic hours are being used to play cards.

2. Most families, including mine need a lot of things every month. Food, rent, electricity, the water bill, gasoline and so on....

3. Those foreigners who agree to get money from such a loan shark don't seem to have a brain. You can't buy something, if you can't afford it.

4. Many Expats are not just too stupid for Thailand. They were stupid before and will always be stupid. Also called common sense. Or a lack of....

5. If 80% have problems with money, there must be something wrong.

Now I speak about the 20% of expats (my limited experience, not to generalize) who hav a good wife, a good family.

If a Farang learns about basic Teachings of the Buddha and his wife too, you can make a marital contract:

1. I have to support my wife/husband.

2. I have to support Father and Mother (wife and husband) when they are old and weak (most medical support)

3.- I have to support our children for best schools and learning to be free boys/girls to dominate their own life.

This is the Buddhist Duty.

To support members of family, to help when someone has some problems, it's your free choice, up to you to decide, but not your basic duty. No one can blame you if you say "no" with a smile.

I read this sort of thing a lot on here and think "What have I got myself into? Is this going to happen to me? Will I be safe in Thailand"?

Im 49 and Ive been to Thailand 2 times now. My first visit a year ago was to meet a 34 yr old Thai lass that I met on a web site. Her sister acted as chaperone and things moved rather quickly. My second visit was 5 months later and it was this visit that I organised her passport and applied for a tourist visa for her to come to Australia.

In December 2012 she arrived and we spent 3 months together. It was an interesting time.. I worked during the day and she slept mostly and watched TV a fair bit but that was ok because I knew she was learning more english and it kept her busy while I worked. She did ask me when I first met her If I knew about "thai culture"...Hmmm I thought ..Is she was referring to money? anyway alarm bells rangfor me. I later learnt that she was referring to money and in particular me helping support not only her but her parents. I told her that I don`t mind helping when I can but not to rely on it being regular... . One day i came home and I noticed she was quiet more than normal. I asked her If everything was ok and she said yes but I wasn`t convinced. Much later when I probed more she told me about her credit card and I remember saying why did you say everything was ok when It was not..she said she was embarrassed..yeah right!

I got to a point where I felt the age difference in this case was an issue. Shes a bit immature and moody tends to sulk ..I cant say that I love her because everything is rushed we have communication problems in that I need to learn Thai and she needs to learn English which has improved heaps. She wants me to sell everything and move to Thailand and open a 7/11 store. I am not happy with my current employment in a government job but I can`t just sell everything and move to a country where I cannot buy property in my name...she stormed off into the lounge room saying im too negative and not a word was said that night until I got home the following day. When I got home we hugged and she apologised which was a relief but I was starting to feel that i can`t wait for her time to be over so she can go home..for me it was over...Until she told me she was pregnant.

I reckon the best thing you can do is try to find out who the father is and give him the bills.whistling.gif

Well that would be me kind sir ;)

Has she been married before? If yes, to whom?

How many kids does she have? Being 34 it is very likely...

She is trying to manipulate you into a corner. Here in Thai you will not even be allowed to work in this 7/11.

Run, Rabbit, Run!

...she stormed off into the lounge room saying im too negative and not a word was said that night until I got home the following day.

If you don't mind answering an odd question, is that precisely what she said, "you are too negative?"

Has she been married before? If yes, to whom?

How many kids does she have? Being 34 it is very likely...

She is trying to manipulate you into a corner. Here in Thai you will not even be allowed to work in this 7/11.

Run, Rabbit, Run!

No she says she has not been married before.and I tend to believe her. She has changed her first name I know this because I helped her with getting a passport. She does not have any children and I sensed a rush to have one because she felt she was getting older and most of her friends have children. So me being a farang I cannot work in Thailand at all? What about a business? yes I sense she is trying to manipulate me into getting what she wants but I`m thinking maybe she will be more settled when the baby comes..I tend to want to marry for the sake of the child but I risk loosing everything I worked for all these years.

Think, that is the third Austrian killed in Udon province in the last 2-3 years,bah.gif

bloody austrians.. trouble, the lot of you tongue.png

a sad waste of life, seems to happen far too much here.. or they just don't have anything else better to report?? anyhow, Ruhe in Frieden

You think the Austrians are a special target, as they are so much "trouble"? whistling.gif

Do not have anything else better to report?

You want they report where a sack of rice fell down, but not when an Expat got killed, as it seems?sad.png

When I lived with my ex in Phetchabun, Thailand we had a neighbor named Guenther from Germany that married and settled down in Phetchabun with his Thai wife. She lived and worked with him in Germany for 8 years before he settled in her hometown. She was maybe 20 years younger. I recall eating a meal at a restaurant one day with Guenther and his wife. She sat across the table from me and in front of me and Guenther, explained that her husband was an ugly buffalo and could not have sex with her anymore. The whole village knew she was seeing other Thai men on a regular basis. Guenther was silent. On regular occasions I recall seeing the couple fighting and the Thai wife actually beating on Guenther. I divorced my lovely Thai bride (because of money and support of her boyfriend) and never found out what happened to Guenther.

sad.png I am in Udon Thani province, I am Austrian, I sometimes frequent German speaking Expat meeting points in Udon city,

possible I met him.

I will ask when I am in Udon city.

Think, that is the third Austrian killed in Udon province in the last 2-3 years,bah.gif

one stabbed by his wife 21 or 27? times, in self defense, as she claimed, blink.png

one killed with a machete by his wives sister husband (his wife was also killed in the incident) the murderer hanged himself afterwards.

Dangerous place for us Austrians. whistling.gif

one killed with a machete by his wives sister husband (his wife was also killed in the incident) the murderer hanged himself afterwards.

Possible that she was his Mia Noi?- Austrians should be allowed to carry guns in Udon Thani.

As far as I know and what was reported later, the Austrian and his wife or GF? had invested in land,

but the land was than not purchased-money gone, or had been put in the wrong name.

They got in an argument with the culprit, the wives, brother in law,

who hit the Austrian and his Thai wive with a machete with deadly force. As, she, as it seems sided, with her husband-BF,

Than the murderer, ran away and was found hanged in a tree later. blink.png

Austrians - allowed to carry guns in Udon Thani - A good advice! whistling.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

I reckon the best thing you can do is try to find out who the father is and give him the bills.whistling.gif

Well that would be me kind sir wink.png

So she would like you to think.

Or else, this would be the strategy of many girls who find an interesting guy (guy with money).

...she stormed off into the lounge room saying im too negative and not a word was said that night until I got home the following day.

If you don't mind answering an odd question, is that precisely what she said, "you are too negative?"

Edited by BudfahRuksa

Yes..within minutes of announcing her idea and without listening to anything i had to say..it was qite odd but it wasnt a good sign for me

Might be better idea to start your own topic on this? Afterall, this thread is about a woman allegedly murdering her Austrian boyfriend.

http://farangdeath.tumblr.com/post/49981238480

Died 14 April 2013; report 8 May 2013

Peter Guenther Gruber, an Austrian male aged 70, decomposing body found dumped and partially buried.

On 8 May, the court issued a warrant for the arrest of a 44 year-old Thai wife, accused of murdering her 70 year old Austrian husband approx 14 April 2013. The couple lived in Sam Prao, Udon. The body of the man, Gunther Gruber, was found about a week after he had been murdered. The man and woman had been together for 7-8 years. He came to visit for 6 months of the year, and suffered from a variety of illnesses (asthma, emphysema). He was also dependent on crutches.

According to the police investigation, the wife denied involvement in the murder. But police say she took up residence with another foreigner from Germany for the other 6 months of each year.

The woman and the Austrian apparently had frequent loud fights and the woman often beat the man. Recently, they fought over allegations that her son had stolen the key to the man’s safe and stolen money. Police say the accused beat the man with a stick/pole and he fled from the home on crutches and climbed over a fence in an attempt to escape.

Source: Thairath

Maybe one of our more fluent Thai readers can translate additional information in the Thairath article. There appears to be mention of a German farang involved in the womans life as well as her Austrian husband.

Yes..within minutes of announcing her idea and without listening to anything i had to say..it was qite odd but it wasnt a good sign for me

Might be better idea to start your own topic on this? Afterall, this thread is about a woman allegedly murdering her Austrian boyfriend.

Yes ok..sorry I`m new to this

How sad. RIP to the Austrian.

I know many people of different nationalities who have divorced their Thai wives. In every instance it was because large sums of money were spent, overtime, without the husband understanding where it went. Their wives could not explain it adequately and usually the discussion ended in a row with the wives screeching "you farang, no understand" etc etc. These wives were not all ex bar girls. Some were well educated and had businesses or professional careers before marriage.

Money seems to lead to huge issues here and these Thai wives all reacted very quickly and badly when challenged. It seems from the OP that this lady was prone to use violence.

In the status-centered society of Thailand, money has become the crucial factor. I'd even say that it has become Thailand's new religion with a greater influence than Buddhism. Marrying a foreigner is often mostly the start of a large one way financial transaction, the reward at the end of the ritual. So, some of us big noses, we certainly do understand.

Chawiangwan Sriratchana, 44 murdering 70-year-old Austrian man.

well, when that girl was 18 years old wub.png he was allready an 44 old man cowboy.gif ,perhaps a nice looking person, but in my modest opinion thats a big mistake, that many ,many but many people do, getting married with young girls,with no education, most of them comming directly from farms, bar or street girls etc

Eight years together, so she was 36 and him 62, sounds better than your comparison and not really a "young girl" anymore, 36! blink.png

Would even in the Western World sometimes happen such a relationship, when the man has the right position in society and is interesting in at least one way. whistling.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

Quite disappointing that the Thairath newspaper has managed to publish photos of Gunther, and pointless intentionally censored photos of his body, but failed to do the "offender name and shame" photo that they manage to do in most other cases, Thai and Foreigner alike.

I do not know Gunther, though I have been visiting Udon Regularly since I was a young adult 8 years ago. I would guess he is one of the many men that go to Udon who settled in Udon many years ago to escape western culture, and has over time perhaps even become more isolated as Udon westernises itself more and more every year.

Most Germans and Austrians that live in Udon know each other, or know someone that knows someone, but so do many Australians know man Austrians.. it is a truly good expat community there and I enjoy the company of some of the guys that have been there many years very much. It is not a community like you might find in Pattaya, Bangkok or even Chiang Mai.

Being that it is a place which traditionally has been purely Isaan, with little western influence until recently (and only in a commercial sense mostly), men have been forced to become Isaan-like or find themselves on the losing end of the family. Some men which come to Udon Thani now do not understand this, and more and more men are coming off second best to needs of the family - who will at times achieve their goals no matter what the cost. This often ends with mindless acts destroying lives of hope and dreams.

Very well put! If the family has nothing then what have they got to lose?
  • Like 1

Whatever people say, she is innocent, until proven guilty.

Good chance it will stay "innocent".

The wife, I mentioned, who stabbed her Austrian partner, 21, 27? times in Self defenseblink.png , got in Udon Thani -Exceeded Self Defense- as verdict,

was never in prison, tries to get her Austrian Pension after her husband, with whom, she has a child with. whistling.gif

P4P , as much as it may be scorned by multitudes , is the only way for me. I don't want to be in my ancient years and get cleaned out somehow in a marriage to a Thai woman or any other, for that matter, that suddenly goes sour and wonder what am I going to do now ? I'm already 57. If i get married and get played for the "long" game, I'm going to be in a very dark place, if and when it falls apart. I've got money , but I'm careful with it.

As much fun as I've had with Thai women, I have seen them turn nasty on a dime , to the point of being frightful. I'm not going to say what % of them can be fiery with their tempers , but it's plenty. I may die lonely , but money is required to get you through to your dying day and I will not allow my assets to disappear , because as soon as I'm broke, nobody'll know me.

Why is it that people feel the need to make pronouncements on something about which they know absolutely nothing.....and apparently do not have the intelligence to interpret a simple Thai media report without making huge assumptions.......it doesn't help anyone but makes themselves look downright ignorant.

because the need to fill up their posts till10,000. then you get a superior title like "senior superintendant advanced member". this you can print out and hang around your neck to show at the next bar meeting.

• Like 1

Right now, tonight, my wife called my attention to a Thai lacorn about a farang killed by his Thai wife for the money from his resort. How fitting.

My wife, who is Thai, relishes these stories of "stupid farang" who romances and marries village girl. Would these Austrians marry a dumb and uneducated and low class Austrian girl - 30-years his junior? Not a chance. These pitiful old guys simply check their brains at the visa counter.

Sad.

"dumb and uneducated and low class Austrian girl...."

We do not have such "girls" in Austria! rolleyes.gif