Udon Thani Woman Arrested For Allegedly Murdering 70-Year-Old Austrian Boyfriend

webfact

Maybe one of our more fluent Thai readers can translate additional information in the Thairath article. There appears to be mention of a German farang involved in the womans life as well as her Austrian husband.

It says the police interviewers discovered from her that she had another german husband who also came to visit once a year for six months - whilst the late husband visited for the other 6 months of the year. She alleged that she couldn't have any intimate relations with the deceased due to his many health problems

• Like 1

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

she sounds like a piece of work if the witness statements are true... I wonder if he was in sound mind to put up with it....

All too common of a problem in Thai society but the white knights protecting female virtue are abundant as they are in the west. People just laugh at men who have to deal with domestic violence and just blow it off as something that is wholly fixable when a man is in that situation. It's not necessarily about being of sound mind all the time as it is not having a way out. Abusers tend to be sociopaths as well or having some kind of personality disorder and will dominate a person's life, and unfortunately Thai society nurtures these behaviors as normal. In normal Thai's its genuine and loving and they respect their partners boundaries, but the sociopaths don't, and since the behavior is so in line with Thai society it's hard for anyone, let alone men or women to see the truly vulgar behavior for what it is unless they are an eyewitness. First hand accounts are not enough in this society, and sociopaths are normally smart enough to put their behavior in check when in public.

• Like 2

Chawiangwan Sriratchana, 44 murdering 70-year-old Austrian man.

well, when that girl was 18 years old wub.png he was allready an 44 old man cowboy.gif ,perhaps a nice looking person, but in my modest opinion thats a big mistake, that many ,many but many people do, getting married with young girls,with no education, most of them comming directly from farms, bar or street girls etc etc ! one day or another with such a difference, they must have problems post-4641-1156694005.gif and 99,99% of the time,after the language frontier, the way of leaving.... it is money..and again .money for them or for their family needs ! thats also why so many foreigners separated or have so many problems after sometimes of leaving good together.i ear it from friends everyday! fortunetly for me i worked on it at the biggining ,long time ago and i am not concerned.

anyway divorce is a better solution, murdering beatdeadhorse.gif another but don't get caught !

this time,this woman hasen't been clever enough.so welcome to life thai prison.enjoy your country free services.bah.gif

And they often argued about……..the stolen money from his safety box, by her thai daughter. Appearenly her daughter seemed to routinely steal the key to the box, not just once. This is a grown up daugther, already married and living nearby.

according to the article

Why is it that people feel the need to make pronouncements on something about which they know absolutely nothing.....and apparently do not have the intelligence to interpret a simple Thai media report without making huge assumptions.......it doesn't help anyone but makes themselves look downright ignorant.

Without these members there would be a much reduced content on TV

• Like 1

How sad. RIP to the Austrian.

I know many people of different nationalities who have divorced their Thai wives. In every instance it was because large sums of money were spent, overtime, without the husband understanding where it went. Their wives could not explain it adequately and usually the discussion ended in a row with the wives screeching "you farang, no understand" etc etc. These wives were not all ex bar girls. Some were well educated and had businesses or professional careers before marriage.

Money seems to lead to huge issues here and these Thai wives all reacted very quickly and badly when challenged. It seems from the OP that this lady was prone to use violence.

Money leads to huge issues in relationships everywhere, not just Thailand.

• Like 1

Being an old man I have three rules to follow:

1) Never gamble with money you cannot lose.

2) Never give what you cannot afford or not prepared to walk away from.

3) Never get legally married in Thailand. You both can be happy without the noose around your neck.

And I always follow these rules now. coffee1.gif

Wish I had them beforecheesy.gif

Whatever people say, she is innocent, until proven guilty.

Well that's not quite right. She can still be guilty without being proven guilty.

I believe it is 'presumed' innocent.

Sorry, just wanted to post that to jump on the nitpicking bandwagon. smile.png

Being an old man I have three rules to follow:

1) Never gamble with money you cannot lose.

2) Never give what you cannot afford or not prepared to walk away from.

3) Never get legally married in Thailand. You both can be happy without the noose around your neck.

And I always follow these rules now. coffee1.gif

Wish I had them beforecheesy.gif

ABCer, can I ask what your issue with point number 3: getting married (specifically in Thailand) is?

I am looking at this situation at the moment, and feel it may be safer than in my home country. Laws here allow my girlfriend to take 50% of everything I own if we marry here, even if she contributed nothing and I paid an allowance (which I do not), in the case of things going sour. The law here is very skewed to assist those who are financially weaker. In our case currently, it is her. I care for her very much but am a dooms day planner.. this way whatever happens which is better than the worst case is always a bright patch for me.

I'm 64, my wife is 54. Been married 5 years. From the start I let her know I was marrying her, NOT her family. Fortunately, her family is relatively small, and all have good jobs, so no problem there. Later we did start to have to issues, as I found out she's an obsessive/compulsive pack rat. We've had some major blow out's over that. But to insure my "safety" and "longevity", I sat her down and used an Excel spread sheet and showed her EXACTLY what would happen if I die, and that I'm worth a hell of a lot more to her alive than dead. She's not stupid when it comes to money, and works for Siam Life Insurance as one of their reps, so when I broke it down in simple math for her, it got the message across loud and clear. Alive, you get to keep nice house, new car, motorbikes, etc. Dead, you lose everything within 2-3 months.

I know many people of different nationalities who have divorced their Thai wives. In every instance it was because large sums of money were spent, overtime, without the husband understanding where it went. Their wives could not explain it adequately and usually the discussion ended in a row with the wives screeching "you farang, no understand" etc etc. These wives were not all ex bar girls. Some were well educated and had businesses or professional careers before marriage.

Money seems to lead to huge issues here and these Thai wives all reacted very quickly and badly when challenged. It seems from the OP that this lady was prone to use violence.

Before one of the nit picking members will ask you to prove the statement "in every instance"; I fully understand what you mean as well as most other normal members. Money is the root of all evil, and for sure money matters more to most Thai (Oh flip I will be asked to prove this) people because their government does not support layabouts like the western word does. I agree with you that it is not only related to bar girls; the educated ones seem to be more prone to this (Oh I have done it again) Pimay1 will have a field day with this post - knock yourself.

The love of money is the root of all evil. Not the money itself.

From my distant school days I think the phrase in latin is ;"Radix Malorum est Cupiditas"" I think that refers to greed. Is not the latin for money "Pecunia"'? And is not the present case as reported not "Peculiar" but rather more common than even suspected. A Thai friend of mine told me one time that the carp in Issarn lakes are bigger because of obsolete falangs.

I'm 64, my wife is 54. Been married 5 years. From the start I let her know I was marrying her, NOT her family. Fortunately, her family is relatively small, and all have good jobs, so no problem there. Later we did start to have to issues, as I found out she's an obsessive/compulsive pack rat. We've had some major blow out's over that. But to insure my "safety" and "longevity", I sat her down and used an Excel spread sheet and showed her EXACTLY what would happen if I die, and that I'm worth a hell of a lot more to her alive than dead. She's not stupid when it comes to money, and works for Siam Life Insurance as one of their reps, so when I broke it down in simple math for her, it got the message across loud and clear. Alive, you get to keep nice house, new car, motorbikes, etc. Dead, you lose everything within 2-3 months.

Seriously? You are married to someone who you felt you'd better convince that it's best not to murder you lest she not benefit financially as much as she does now?

Good thing for you she's "not stupid when it comes to money" (interesting qualification there) and that you had Excel to keep you safe. Too bad for her she can't count on you to help provide any financial security when you're gone - even if she doesn't do you in.

Doesn't sound quite as "dramatic" as you think. There is a 2 million baht life insurance policy on me. One I took out myself to provide for her and adopted son. She would also receive my VA & SS disability. BUT, it would take about 4 months for her to get the insurance, and a year, possibly longer, for her to get a seriously reduced amount of my disability from VA and SS. In the meantime, her income is not substantial enough for her to maintain the lifestyle we now have,

And, no, despite your thoughts, I didn't do it for the reasons you might think, but did it during a normal, calm discussion on finances and what would happen if EITHER of us die.

While we have our disagreement over things, as do all married couples, all in all I probably could not find a better wife for me. She does do everything she can to take care of me, especially if I am hurt or sick, and I don't have any questions in regards to her love for me. After all, just before meeting me, she had a chance to marry a man from Australia who was/is, extremely wealthy and over all a good person. When I asked why she didn't, she told me that she didn't love him, and overall, didn't think he was the right man for her.

And, no, despite your thoughts, I didn't do it for the reasons you might think, but did it during a normal, calm discussion on finances and what would happen if EITHER of us die.

I'm not about to call you a liar. But what conclusion would one draw from this:

'But to insure my "safety" and "longevity", I sat her down and used an Excel spread sheet and showed her EXACTLY what would happen if I die, and that I'm worth a hell of a lot more to her alive than dead. '

In other words, you thought you'd be safer and live longer if she knew that it was to her benefit if you didn't die an untimely death. And if I thought you hadn't provided for her it was because of this further part of the warning you gave her:

"Alive, you get to keep nice house, new car, motorbikes, etc. Dead, you lose everything within 2-3 months."

It sounds like you have done well. Congratulations on that.

• Like 2

just hope the poor old bugger had everything under contract and that he had a valid Will

so many dont and so wifey collects everything

at least when theres a few contracts in place it will make it difficult to just claim it

as Tina said "whats love got to do with it"

Correct. As soon as money becomes an issue (or better - before money becomes an issue....) with thai aquintances - get out of it the sooner the better.

• Like 1

the country with the highest prison population is america . the % of female prisoners is 6% in thailand female prison population is 22%, just something to think about next time you want to date or marry a thai female.

I think that tells it all. In my opinion/experience large percentage of thai males are totally useless. Even crime needs female touch...tongue.png

Why you even married her ?

• Like 1

You hit the nail on the head that is the point... older guy wants young wife.. wife wants money (and will try to cope with the old guy) . Sometimes it works.. sometimes it ends up like this.

Or is the problem that we as western men fail to account for the fact that we are entering a class based society, in which the only hope of class advancement is seen as through a western man for those at the bottom? Is it that we fail to account for this and therefore accept those that approach us, instead of making a serious search, dating women that work for banks, that own restaurants and hotels, that work in government departments? Most would consider these ladies as "boring", and not fun or crazy like ladies from the bar. It is this lack of understanding which can often be the first guarantee of future relationship failure. It is also a fact that those whom are educated are less likely to commit violent crime - this rule transcends global society.

My girlfriends parents are both civil servants (I was very lucky to find her) and she has a university education. I have pushed her to her limits under stress to see if she will attack me, and she did not. It was not a nice thing to do but it was important - it would be stupid to invest my future in someone who cannot control themselves.

As foreigners, are we a group that is trying to repair the boat at the bottom of the ocean so that we do not have to spend our time to get the nice new floating boat basking in the sun? I believe many are. I once was.

FIRSTLY - RIP For the Austrian. Good post...TheGhostWithin

RE: dating women that work for banks, that own restaurants and hotels, that work in government departments? Most would consider these ladies as "boring", and not fun or crazy like ladies from the bar.

Like you, I'm lucky enough to be with what most would call is a "boring" Thai girlfriend/wife, however, it could NOT be further from the truth, she is the most fun Thai girl you could be with, but most importantly, she is HONEST, I not going to prattle on what she done for me, including financial stuff, but for a Thai girl its pretty amazing, we are into our 11th year together, so here's to another 11 years!

Oh...I wouldn't say bar girls are that 'FUN' in my 23 years of spending a large part of my life here, I'd probably meet less an half a dozen in my early years here that you could call fun. Here is a case in point, my partner and i go out to the saxophone pub in Bangkok quite regularly, and almost every time we go there, i see some dud bring in some young foxy Thai girl no doubt a bar girl candidate...why, well the said couple don't talk, and she is constantly looking at her watch, yes all she wants to do is get back to the duds room do the biz collect the money and get out like jump-in jack flash..!shock1.gif

Rant over..!violin.gif

Edited by CaptainPeacock
  • Like 2

You hit the nail on the head that is the point... older guy wants young wife.. wife wants money (and will try to cope with the old guy) . Sometimes it works.. sometimes it ends up like this.

Or is the problem that we as western men fail to account for the fact that we are entering a class based society, in which the only hope of class advancement is seen as through a western man for those at the bottom? Is it that we fail to account for this and therefore accept those that approach us, instead of making a serious search, dating women that work for banks, that own restaurants and hotels, that work in government departments? Most would consider these ladies as "boring", and not fun or crazy like ladies from the bar. It is this lack of understanding which can often be the first guarantee of future relationship failure. It is also a fact that those whom are educated are less likely to commit violent crime - this rule transcends global society.

My girlfriends parents are both civil servants (I was very lucky to find her) and she has a university education. I have pushed her to her limits under stress to see if she will attack me, and she did not. It was not a nice thing to do but it was important - it would be stupid to invest my future in someone who cannot control themselves.

As foreigners, are we a group that is trying to repair the boat at the bottom of the ocean so that we do not have to spend our time to get the nice new floating boat basking in the sun? I believe many are. I once was.

FIRSTLY - RIP For the Austrian. Good post...TheGhostWithin

RE: dating women that work for banks, that own restaurants and hotels, that work in government departments? Most would consider these ladies as "boring", and not fun or crazy like ladies from the bar.

Like you, I'm lucky enough to be with what most would call is a "boring" Thai girlfriend/wife, however, it could NOT be further from the truth, she is the most fun Thai girl you could be with, but most importantly, she is HONEST, I not going to prattle on what she done for me, including financial stuff, but for a Thai girl its pretty amazing, we are into our 11th year together, so here's to another 11 years!

Oh...I wouldn't say bar girls are that 'FUN' in my 23 years of spending a large part of my life here, I'd probably meet less an half a dozen in my early years here that you could call fun. Here is a case in point, my partner and i go out to the saxophone pub in Bangkok quite regularly, and almost every time we go there, i see some dud bring in some young foxy Thai girl no doubt a bar girl candidate...why, well the said couple don't talk, and she is constantly looking at her watch, yes all she wants to do is get back to the duds room do the biz collect the money and get out like jump-in jack flash..!shock1.gif

Rant over..!violin.gif

LIE!

Thai girls do not own watches. (nobody does unless they are Hi-So and then they have a lot of watches and are clearly not a bar girl).

Bar girls look at their phones.

• Like 2

In my Amphoe I have contacts to a group of expats. 80% have problems with money.

1. the wife is gambling addicted.

2. the family needs money for a lot of different things.

3. small local loan sharks have a target group.

4. Many Expats are too stupid for Thailand.

Oh, you forgot the obvious one:

I need money because my grandma died again...

• Like 1

Right now, tonight, my wife called my attention to a Thai lacorn about a farang killed by his Thai wife for the money from his resort. How fitting.

My wife, who is Thai, relishes these stories of "stupid farang" who romances and marries village girl. Would these Austrians marry a dumb and uneducated and low class Austrian girl - 30-years his junior? Not a chance. These pitiful old guys simply check their brains at the visa counter.

Sad.