K9 Dog Boarding Facility In Chantaburi -- Anyone Used It?

I have never put my dog in any type of kennel or boarding facility but may need to do so in the near future. He has never in his life been caged so anything like that is out of the question, I want somewhere that he'll have a full room plus lots of company and outside play.

K9Bangkok (dog training place) has a boarding facility out ion Chantaburi. Has anyone used them? Any and all feedback would be helpful & appreciated.

I have no idea if all these 'K9' kennel and training facilities are owned by the same outfit (there's at least two that I know of around Pattaya), but if they are, then I wouldn't go anywhere near them.

Some years ago I went to visit one with a view to having my dog trained, and was instantly put off by the way they treated the dogs in their care, The people weren't even very nice and it was clear that their training methods were based on cruelty.

It is extremely difficult - and maybe impossible - to find a Thai owned and managed kennel service in Thailand that will treat your dogs as you would expect them to. Through the years I have visited many, but have always been disappointed with what I have found. The plain fact is that most Thais - especially those in the dog kennelling business - seem to have a different attitude to animals to us dog - loving owners do.

I only ever once put my three dogs in a kennel for a couple of nights, and despite thorough checking and assurances that they would be well looked after, when I came to collect them I found all three of them highly traumatised and in an extremely agitated state. One of them hadn't eaten a thing for two days.

After that experience I will never kennel them again, and I always look for someone who can stay in my house and take care of them, or failing that, have someone come by to feed them every day. They are not happy to be left at home alone, but far better than putting them in a Thai kennel.

Good luck

Can't help you with K9 in Chantaburi but highly recommend 'Pattaya Dog Hotel' (they're actually in Bang Saray a few minutes off Sukumvit). The facilities are good (six rai with swimming pool) and they have a large staff. The owner is from Texas and I believe he's a doctor. His name is Kenny and is due back here in July. A lady named 'Tong' is the manager and may be a veterinarian. Their website is http://pattayadoghotel.com. I've left my Lab with them a few times and he wants to stay there when I pick him up LOL

PM me and I'll give you more info.

Thanks to both. Needless to say Mobi, K9 is now off my list.

Next time I'm around Pattaya I will check out the Pattaya Dog Hotel.

Meanwhile today just for 6 hours I put my angels in "day care" at BowWow in Rangsit, in part just to check the place out. They survived it OK but the fan "rooms" (which are really cages) were nothing I would ever put them in overnight let along for an extended period. Didn't have a chance to check out the a/c ones but I think probably not to my standard either. Staff seemed kind and fond of the animals though.

Has anyone used the Pet Hotel at Ozono? I know it's members only, question is, is it worth becoming a member for? I don't mind paying for quality care for my pets, I'd rather pay more and know that they are properly cared for.....

Just looked at the video so take that back re Payttaya Dog Hotel. One look at the cages and I was deterred. My idea of a proper dog hotel is real rooms, temperature controlled, and preferrably a web cam arrangement so I can check on them.

Now I grant you it is possible that my dog wouldn't miond as much as I do, might even prefer it to a more private sort of room, who knows, but I simply can't wrap my head around putting him into something that looks la prison.

There are some places like that in Cambodia, run by westerners. May have to go that far.....

If this is http://k9bangkok.com/dog-boarding/ then the ill-informed slurs are grossly unfair.

This outfit was founded by two expats, including Patrick, whom I've met, who is both charming and a committed dog lover. There's more about his impressive background at http://k9bangkok.com/about-us/.

My dog, Whisky, stayed with them for 10 days last month and I was very happy with the experience (apart from a few problems finding where I live to pick Whisky up).

I recommend K9 Bangkok very highly and will undoubtedly use them again.

I did say:

"I have no idea if all these 'K9' kennel and training facilities are owned by the same outfit (there's at least two that I know of around Pattaya), but if they are, then I wouldn't go anywhere near them."

If K9Bangkok are a different outfit to the K9 with several branches in the Chonburi area, then fair enough, and I apologise. But I would have thought whoever started it, might have had the wit to use a completely different name.

There are no regulations regarding the treatment of animals in Thailand and any kennel can do what they like and there is absolutely no come back.

It therefore follows that you can't be too careful in a country where many - but not all - Thais have a totally different attitude to animal care and some even delight in inflicting cruelty and pain.

Few Thais love dogs in the way that we dog-lovers in the west do and part of the problem is that we tend to treat our dogs like people.So when we put them into even half-way decent dog kennels they will become traumatised as they are not used to being locked up etc. This certainly happened to my three - now four dogs.

Sheryl, I will be surprised if you find a kennel along the lines you suggest, and if you do it will probably cost a small fortune. It may be cheaper - and better - to find a dog/house sitter or someone who can take it into their home and look after it while you are away.

If I didn't already have four, I would volunteersmile.png

• Like 1

Sheryl.....Pattaya Dog Hotel have rooms for the dogs....rooms are better than some so called hotels have...... and also people who genuinely care for the dogs....... I think you are kidding yourself

• Like 1

K9 Bangkok owns and runs a dog training school in Bangkok and also has facilities for boarding and training in Chantaburi. k9 Pattaya is a different company and came after k9 Bangkok.

The guy who runs k9 bangkok is Patrick Bundock and he is a 5th generation dog trainer from the USA.

I have completed multiple courses with my dog through his school and been using his facilities for over 2 years. As we speak im in europe and my dog is being boarded there for 2 months, she is in the best hands possible in Thailand. She comes back obviously well looked after everytime, fed well, groomed, exercised!

I highly recommend K9 bangkok and using Mr Bundock's training school and boarding facilities.

Sheryl.....Pattaya Dog Hotel have rooms for the dogs....rooms are better than some so called hotels have...... and also people who genuinely care for the dogs....... I think you are kidding yourself

Kidding myself how?

If they have rooms that's great. Didn't show on the website. I'll check it out.

K9 Bangkok owns and runs a dog training school in Bangkok and also has facilities for boarding and training in Chantaburi. k9 Pattaya is a different company and came after k9 Bangkok.

The guy who runs k9 bangkok is Patrick Bundock and he is a 5th generation dog trainer from the USA.

I have completed multiple courses with my dog through his school and been using his facilities for over 2 years. As we speak im in europe and my dog is being boarded there for 2 months, she is in the best hands possible in Thailand. She comes back obviously well looked after everytime, fed well, groomed, exercised!

I highly recommend K9 bangkok and using Mr Bundock's training school and boarding facilities.

Thanks for the clarification.

I will visit the facility in Chantaburi and check in out, plan to be out that way sometime soon. The website sounded favorable.

Mobi, there are many Thais who truly love animals, I've met plenty of them.Go sit in the waiting room of a government university vet hospital sometime -- filled with middle class Thais devoting the better part of a day or more patiently waiting to get good quality medical care for their pet.

It is making sure that the staff of a pet boarding facility are that type of person, and also that they don't succumb to the temptation to reduce workload by for example restricting water supply, that's the issue...and also just the level of the facility. I'm not criticizing people who put their pets in a traditional kennel, but it is not for me or my pets. They are used to considerable freedom of movement and wide open spaces. There are plenty of pet boarding facilities in the West that are designed specifically for people who feel as I do, just not sure yet if there are any in LOS.

Haven't yetr made it out to Chantaburi (weather has nto been exactly conducive..) but still plan to.

In addition, I wionder if anyone has any feedback on:

PAWA Pet Resort on Phuket

Dogfather Pet Resort on Koh Samui?

Both look good from their websites. Dogfather apparently has some accomodations that come with private fenced in yard space which would be close to what these little ones are used to.

Obviously would only use them if I were going to those destinations, but those are places I do sometimes like to go and the pets are always an issue..

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Hi Sheryl,

Me and my wife went through the same trouble last year. We have a young pedigree german shepherd and needed to find the best possible place to stay while we're traveling. We have researched places all over Thailand, and in out opinion you can't beat The Dogfather on Samui. It's ran by a couple from Switzerland who go above and beyond to take carr of their guests. They have two types of accommodation, regualr runs which are about 8 meters long and about a meter wide (inside the run there's a room with water bowl and place to sleep), so there is plenty of space for the animals while they're inside. They take the dogs out for daily excercise several times per day and do group activities as well (Michael has also done some training with my dog as well while he was there).

The place looks very well maintained and there's always people on the grounds (Michael and his wife live there themselves). The prices are around 500 a day for the regular rooms, they also have premium rooms with AC which obviously cost more).

We have left our shepherd there two times now and the next visit is scheduled for October.

Hope this helps!