Here Comes A New Shinawatra!

webfact

Shinawatra dynasty!!!!!!

Anyone sees any anology with the Suharto clan in Indonesia?

More like Lee Kuan Yew of Singapore or the Bush family of the US

his fellow southeast Asian elected turned dictatorial despot

post-100883-0-79157900-1368252786_thumb.post-100883-0-45494300-1368252806_thumb.

Even the family composition is the same.

Flamboyant wife, 2 daughters, and 1 son.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shinawatra dynasty!!!!!!

Not really Lee Kuan has not made it a habit of starting wars.
Now with the temple situation between Thailand and Cambodia the Shinawatra's might get a chance.
Of course Thaksin is close friends with the Cambodian government but politcal situations changer things like that.coffee1.gif Edited by hellodolly

It's all logical gentlemen. Thai people understand family. To them there is strength in family. That the core of the governing party is dynastic will make many Thai proud. And so it shall be until a new dynastic force materialises.

It's all logical gentlemen. Thai people understand family. To them there is strength in family. That the core of the governing party is dynastic will make many Thai proud. And so it shall be until a new dynastic force materialises.

Thailand proudly has the Chakri dynasty.

The Shinawats are merely an oligarchy and all that it means.

Shinawatra dynasty!!!!!!

I didn't know the Lee and Bush families were led by a criminal, convicted that is.

Thailand proudly has the Chakri dynasty.

The Shinawats are merely an oligarchy and all that it means.

Indeed - more like a mafia family or the Bogias, Tudors, etc.

To have this Shinawatra family on important positions in the Shinawatra owned Pheu Thai party seems logical. Thai understand this keeping things in the family. Now that doesn't explain why one would like to have a family in key government positions, a family with the 'family first' attitude. The government is supposed to take care of all Thai in an equal manner. That's even written down in the Constitution, imagine.

Now that doesn't explain why one would like to have a family in key government positions, a family with the 'family first' attitude. The government is supposed to take care of all Thai in an equal manner. That's even written down in the Constitution, imagine.

Why!, in the name of DemocracyTM of course.

I'm disappointed. For a moment I thought the married daughter of Thaksin was expecting. This big sister Yaowapa is not a new Shinawatra, she's an old hand at politics, Thai Rak Thaksin and other shenanigans.

If his daughter got pregnant, it would be "Here Comes A New Kunakornwong!" (her married name).

The only way to get a new Shinawatra would be for son Oak to father a child and that's as likely to occur as Daffyd Thomas fathering a child.

Oh, I don't know. I could see a scenario where pop Shinawatra does the dirty with a foxy young minx like Lydia, arranges a shotgun wedding for Oak, and claims it is all the nipper's doing. Job done for carrying on the dynasty. thumbsup.gif

I'm disappointed. For a moment I thought the married daughter of Thaksin was expecting. This big sister Yaowapa is not a new Shinawatra, she's an old hand at politics, Thai Rak Thaksin and other shenanigans.

If his daughter got pregnant, it would be "Here Comes A New Kunakornwong!" (her married name).

The only way to get a new Shinawatra would be for son Oak to father a child and that's as likely to occur as Daffyd Thomas fathering a child.

Oh, I don't know. I could see a scenario where pop Shinawatra does the dirty with a foxy young minx like Lydia, arranges a shotgun wedding for Oak, and claims it is all the nipper's doing. Job done for carrying on the dynasty. thumbsup.gif

That's certainly possible that he has a stand-in to fatherhood from someone with a different persuasion than his own.

Perhaps a good mix to create a new Shinawatra might be for Dad to hook up again with his autobiographer, that's now a Yingluck government spokesman, Sunisa.

what with the use of coined phrases like 'Thaksinomics' and 'Shinclan' etc., and with the continued nepotism of the name to ensure the political trough is able to be milked, is it any wonder the rest of us see what the Thai's cannot? Dictatorship looming - warning Will Robinson - warning...

The Thai do see it, but are powerless to stop it. Who can stop this Chinese family from covering all the bases?

The Chinese has no democratic tradition.

Besides, most Thai are too busy chatting on their iPhones and buying new cars.

That's certainly possible that he has a stand-in to fatherhood from someone with a different persuasion than his own.

Perhaps a good mix to create a new Shinawatra might be for Dad to hook up again with his autobiographer, that's now a Yingluck government spokesman, Sunisa.

Michael Jackson managed three (allegedly) so miracles do happen. That his family took court action to prevent paternity tests was merely...............interesting.

More interesting was that all 3 were named after their alleged father (Michael, Prince Michael and Paris-Michael) though their was little paternal resemblance. Oak's kids can only hope for the same luck.

She got in because “suddenly and unexpectedly” the MP from Chiang Mai resigned.

Reminds me a little of North Korea. smile.png

Resigning “suddenly and unexpectedly” is much better than a "nasty accident" which often proves fatal.

Pays more, too.

Edited by OzMick

Shinawatra dynasty!!!!!!

Now with the temple situation between Thailand and Cambodia the Shinawatra's might get a chance.

Of course Thaksin is close friends with the Cambodian government but politcal situations changer things like that.coffee1.gif

Will never happen as Hun Sen and SpongeBob Squareface are thick as thieves!You seem to be forgetting he was the Finance Minister there for a while!

Of course Thaksin is close friends with the Cambodian government but politcal situations changer things like that.coffee1.gif

Will never happen as Hun Sen and SpongeBob Squareface are thick as thieves!You seem to be forgetting he was the Finance Minister there for a while!

Strongmen like Hun Sen or Thaksin "We will rule for 20 years" insist on long-running regimes:

Hun Sen Says He Will Stay in Power Until He's 74

Hun Sen, who has headed the country since 1985, is Southeast Asia’s longest-serving leader by far and has retained power amid accusations that his regime suppresses political freedoms and mistreats rights campaigners.

In a speech broadcast on national television on Monday, the 60-year-old said he plans to continue being in politics until he is 74.

Strongmen like Hun Sen or Thaksin "We will rule for 20 years" insist on long-running regimes:

Hun Sen Says He Will Stay in Power Until He's 74

Hun Sen, who has headed the country since 1985, is Southeast Asia’s longest-serving leader by far and has retained power amid accusations that his regime suppresses political freedoms and mistreats rights campaigners.

In a speech broadcast on national television on Monday, the 60-year-old said he plans to continue being in politics until he is 74.

post-9891-0-76191600-1368323425_thumb.jppost-9891-0-72215800-1368323712_thumb.jp

Hun Sen & Thak Sen...................... Khmer Rouge meets Thai Rouge.

Hey, don't be so cynical, the man used to be her driver (I'm not making that up), he is used to go when she says "go".

Hey, don't be so cynical, the man used to be her driver (I'm not making that up), he is used to go when she says "go".

Yaowapha Musical Chairs

He got into the MP chair after Yaowapha's daughter was thrown out of the MP chair for lying under oath about her monetary assets.

The daughter was in the MP chair because Yaowapha herself was thrown out of the MP chair for electoral fraud.