Bbc Entertainment

Valentine

Not sure if this has been discussed but BBC E seems to have disappeared again & I do not see it on the channel listings through the True website. I also lost Discovery Science but this is still listed. For both channels I get a message stating it is blocked.

You have to pay extra for those channels, even if you have Platinum package.

Is this just a new thing as I had them until just a few days ago.

BBC entertainment is there it's channel 82. It has always been an 'add on' at 170 Baht and although its old stuff, it's the best channel for quality programs.

You have to pay extra for those channels, even if you have Platinum package.

Is this just a new thing as I had them until just a few days ago.

BBC entertainment is there it's channel 82. It has always been an 'add on' at 170 Baht and although its old stuff, it's the best channel for quality programs.

Watching 35 year old episodes of Fawlty Towers and 20 year old episodes of Absolutely Fabulous is great if you're in the first stages of Alzheimer's ... which I suspect may be the case for whoever sets up the viewing schedule at the BBC.

A few episodes of shows that are comparatively newer, like Lead Balloon or Outnumbered or even later episodes of Midsomer Murders, get played repeatedly for a week or two and then that show is abandoned, to be replaced by even more episodes of Dullards on Parade, better known as The Weakest Link. Surely it's about time they start running some more Dad's Army and The Vicar of Dibley.

Rather than describing it as "the best channel for quality programs," I would suggest "not as horrible as some of the others, especially if you're into nostalgia and tend to doze off while watching anyway."