Gun Shops

Angeledge777

There used to be a few true gun shops in Chinatown in Bangkok way back when but I have never seen one in Pattaya. The legitimacy of a foreigner owning a gun has not been mentioned here but if you were thinking of buying one that should be looked into. The Utapao Naval Shooting Range has handguns that can be rented for use there and they should be able to tell you about ownership if that is what you wanted.

There used to be a few true gun shops in Chinatown in Bangkok way back when but I have never seen one in Pattaya. The legitimacy of a foreigner owning a gun has not been mentioned here but if you were thinking of buying one that should be looked into. The Utapao Naval Shooting Range has handguns that can be rented for use there and they should be able to tell you about ownership if that is what you wanted.

My information is that foreigners can get gun licences but it's not an easy process. The best option is for the wife to get a licence and then apply yourself on the back of that. I also understand that a foreigner can use his wife's gun in defence of her and her property at home. Foreigners can join and practice at gun clubs without a licence.

I believe you need to be on a blue tabien baan, i.e. have permanent residence, which makes sense when you consider that all other foreigners are only temporary residents. So what happens to the gun when they suddenly leave Thailand? You also need a job and letter of employment.

Shops are more likely to be in Chonburi as it is the provincial capital.

Edited by Arkady