90 Day Reporting - Comments & Experiences 2013

Tywais

Since the previous version has become overloaded I have started a new version and hope it can stay reasonably clean and on topic. Old version here - 90 Day Reporting Comments & Experiences V1

This is to post your comments, experiences and questions for the 90 day reporting at CM immigration. The pinned topic, 90 Day Report - Procedures, outlines the requirements.

Note: Off-topic posts will be removed to keep this topic clear.

• Like 1

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there on Thursday, 8 a.m and scored number 5053 counter 2. The guys behind the coubter seem to wander off come back have a chat wander off again come back serve a couple of people then the wheels went round.

I also noticed that a couple of thai women who had a number would present 5 or 6 passports at the one time, this held up the line as one number was servicing 6 people.

I have no problem with agents going in but please let immigration organise a separate que. Not fair that 6 people ride on one number.

• Like 2

I have no problem with agents going in but please let immigration organise a separate que. Not fair that 6 people ride on one number.

It's certainly not fair, but who are you pleading to? No-one here has any say how immigration handles this.

Why not send them an email of complaint?

• Like 2

It's certainly not fair, but who are you pleading to? No-one here has any say how immigration handles this.

One person handing in 6 reports at once is likely going to be quicker than if 6 separate individuals came in and did it.

• Like 1

One person handing in 6 reports at once is likely going to be quicker than if 6 separate individuals came in and did it.

Probably yes, but people who have been waiting, can't help but see it as unfair.

I was just responding to Chooka and anyone else who sees unfairness. Send an email to immigration or better still to immigration head office, Bangkok. After all that's what the Col. advised in his City Life News interview and I wonder why no-one is taking him up on it if they feel aggrieved. After all he assured people no-one would be in trouble for complaining and he has implemented the happy smile program to make things easier. So, he has opened up the way to help out immigration and yourselves, just fire loads of emails off to immigration Bangkok.

Don't forget to put your full name, address and passport number on the email, so they know it's genuine.

I was there on Thursday, 8 a.m and scored number 5053 counter 2. The guys behind the coubter seem to wander off come back have a chat wander off again come back serve a couple of people then the wheels went round.

I also noticed that a couple of thai women who had a number would present 5 or 6 passports at the one time, this held up the line as one number was servicing 6 people.

If you see Thai women presenting 5 or 6 passports at one time it is most likely for visa extensions or other reasons. 90 reports only require photo copy of passport. The visa company I use only charge 1000 bahts a year to do the 90 day reports.

If you see Thai women presenting 5 or 6 passports at one time it is most likely for visa extensions or other reasons. 90 reports only require photo copy of passport. The visa company I use only charge 1000 bahts a year to do the 90 day reports.

Good point(s).

Good point(s).

Yep, good point - missed the 'handing over 6 passports'. The agency for 90 day reporting do not have the passports.

• Like 1

I'm amazed anyone still goes along and does this - agents do it pretty cheaply so why go through the hassle and time lost? that agent with their 6 passports could yours too

Call me strange but I really hate the thought of handing my passport off to a stranger. I'm sure it is perfectly safe ... until it hits the fan.

David

• Like 2

I'm amazed anyone still goes along and does this - agents do it pretty cheaply so why go through the hassle and time lost? that agent with their 6 passports could yours too

Call me strange but I really hate the thought of handing my passport off to a stranger. I'm sure it is perfectly safe ... until it hits the fan.

David

You don't have to for 90 day reports.

David

You don't have to for 90 day reports.

Thanks uptheos. I just saw that on one of the follow ups. Tried to go in and edit my post but the TV app seems to have a problems doing that on an iPad.

David

I do not understand any of the problems mentioned. Fill in the form, copy P/P and arrival card return envelope and post the whole thing to the immigration, no waiting, no stress, all works in the background and you can relax

David

you're right - but not sure why you mention it here? they copy it once and no need for the original passport - 'up to you' but I can't imagine driving down there 4 times a year when I get it done for 20 GBP/30 USD (1,000 baht)

BTW a poster mentioned it was 1,000 baht for a year - this is not strictly accurate as it's for 4 reports (which may take more than a year if you leave the country) my 1,000 was for a year six months as I left twice

What am I going to complain about -- I went today, arriving at 2:30 pm, out by 2:45 pm -- there were five numbers ahead of me. Even got a chance to clue in a couple ahead of me that they don't both need to come -- as I was handing in the paperwork and passports for Hubby and me.

Oh snap -- just figured out three complaints suggestions:

1. What happened to the great idea of sticking barcodes on our passports, so the info could be stored and we wouldn't have to submit copies of the same old stuff every 90 days? No evidence of a barcode reader being used and the copies were eagerly gobbled up by the I/O.

2. While they've improved signage, they still need a big sign over the middle counter -- something like "get your 90-day queue tickets here" Still have problems with clueless people crowding the 90 day counter and shoving their passports at the workers without first having received a queue number

3. What's with all the Burmese (I think) who crowd around that central counter waiting for their passports to be returned? How come all the non-SE Asian customers have figured out what 'have a seat until you name is called" means but the Burmese haven't? More importantly, why doesn't the Immigration staff shoo them away and tell them to take a seat like the do the other foreigners.

Hi Nancy, The bar code machine broke down a long time ago. Staff told me "no plan to get it fixed",always take spare photocopies which I am sure you do ,ah well was good idea.Last time I did 90 day at 3.0pm, took 5 minutes, there were no tickets at the machine or at the counter,just had to stand behind 2 people at the 90 day counter. The goal posts keep moving.As for number 3 its an Asian thing, try getting off the BTS in Bangkok when hordes of people are intent on getting in smile.png

What am I going to complain about -- I went today, arriving at 2:30 pm, out by 2:45 pm -- there were five numbers ahead of me. Even got a chance to clue in a couple ahead of me that they don't both need to come -- as I was handing in the paperwork and passports for Hubby and me.

Oh snap -- just figured out three complaints suggestions:

1. What happened to the great idea of sticking barcodes on our passports, so the info could be stored and we wouldn't have to submit copies of the same old stuff every 90 days? No evidence of a barcode reader being used and the copies were eagerly gobbled up by the I/O.

2. While they've improved signage, they still need a big sign over the middle counter -- something like "get your 90-day queue tickets here" Still have problems with clueless people crowding the 90 day counter and shoving their passports at the workers without first having received a queue number

3. What's with all the Burmese (I think) who crowd around that central counter waiting for their passports to be returned? How come all the non-SE Asian customers have figured out what 'have a seat until you name is called" means but the Burmese haven't? More importantly, why doesn't the Immigration staff shoo them away and tell them to take a seat like the do the other foreigners.

You haven't seen the barcode reader was working well? I was there the same time. But ...... !? But the two men beside need also something to do!? And the copy-shop aswell. 5555. TIT.

But why the lady at the information-desk write your queue number on a piece of paper. She gave out twice the same number in my case. 5555 again.

I went to Immigration today at about 1:50, got my number from the kid at the center counter, waited about 20 minutes and they called my number. I was done about three minutes later.

I did see the barcode machine there and after the man did his stamp with my paperwork he handed it over to another guy at a computer who used the barcode reader to bring me up on his computer. A few seconds later that guy handed my passport to me and I was out of there. So it appears the barcode reader is up and running again.

Edited by BarnicaleBob
  • Like 1

I went to Immigration today at about 1:50, got my number from the kid at the center counter, waited about 20 minutes and they called my number. I was done about three minutes later.

I did see the barcode machine there and after the man did his stamp with my paperwork he handed it over to another guy at a computer who used the barcode reader to bring me up on his computer. A few seconds later that guy handed my passport to me and I was out of there. So it appears the barcode reader is up and running again.

So, did they ask you for copies? They've put barcodes on our passports about a year ago. I think next time I do a 90-day report I'll make the copies, but not offer them until asked.

The latest RE-ENTRY stamp and 90 DAY REPORT information Thursday 10 AM........................

Motorcycle parking is now in the next door lot West side. If you are not one of the first 15 to arrive at 6 AM go there.

Arrived Immigration 7 AM #42 in line. By 8 AM there were almost 100 in line across the parking lot.

The first 15 to arrive had numbered seating near the entrance door. The rest of us stood in the morning sun until 8 AM. An umbrella would help as it was very HOT !

8 AM door opens.....received #42 number card......found seat inside.....Thai Immigration staff started calling entrance numbers from center desk....in sequence, no exceptions.

At 8:15 #42 was called I centered myself to their direct front and handed over my completed paperwork for a RE-ENTRY stamp. Upon their approval I was given the station # & reservation #.

I was now assigned station #1 and reservation # 007.......(Bond,James Bond)(I couldn't resist !)..... meaning 6 others were in front of me for a RE-ENTRY.

8:45....007 was called up to submit passport & completed paperwork to station #1. 1 minor oversight.....I had to run out to the copy machine to make copy of last used RE-ENTRY/3 YRS ago.

9:15 AM received passport with RE-ENTRY from center desk and immediately requested a 90 DAY REPORT reservation. 90 Day due date was in two days.

Received #528 with 520 now being served. At 9:30 #528 was called up/approved/bar-code checked and out the door at 9:35 AM. At 9:15 it was announced that anyone with appt #55 or higher...............come back tomorrow.

Conclusions: For RE-ENTRY and/or 90DAY REPORT show up at 9:30 or later and avoid the scrum. For everything else........show up EARLY if you do not have a computer made appt.

I've been doing this for 10 years as a resident and what I see is Thai Immigration doing their best with what they have to work with, making changes for the better almost daily.

The problem is there are one hell-of-a-lot of newby's in town with no idea of how to work with the system.

I'm outta here on RnR for several month's but I'll be back............Jolly Roger

• Like 2

Went in for yearly extension/90 day report, yesterday. Waited too late for appointment for extension so got at immigration at 0600 , second in line to get number assignment.

As entering an apparant agent for 90 day report tried to jump the orderly line, a firm no and a shuffle to block and he retreated. I agree, this will probably lead to some modification of entry., appointments. etc. If past changes are any indicator it may or may not be a good thing for us who follow the rules/guidlines.

"I've been doing this for 10 years as a resident and what I see is
Thai Immigration doing their best with what they have to work with,
making changes for the better almost daily.

The problem is there are one hell-of-a-lot of newby's in town with no idea of how to work with the system."

Agree 100%.

That office is a zoo, with all of the uptight people (Me Too) there trying to get their thing done and get out. I think next time I'll try showing up in the afternoon, as has been suggested. Showing up at 7:00 AM and still being number 114 just doesn't make any sense. Standing in the sun, listening to people bitch, it's all too much.

The officers there are doing their best. Can you imagine what it looks like from the other side of the counter, if you had to process this teeming horde every day? I'm just glad they have allowed me to stay here as a guest of the Kingdom for several years. The requirements are minimal, compared to other countries, especially my own USA.

• Like 2

So I went today at around 14:30. My number was 585. They were on 580 when I got there. Great I thought..., outta here in 10 minutes max... Don't know what was going on but there was nobody working the 90-day counter. Only a kid - student or intern or whatever inputting data int the computer next to the window, occasionally. He looked to be about 15-16 years old. He was mostly playing games on his tablet. There were a number of people waiting and getting agitated. Occasionally a heavy set woman with thinning hair, always talking on a mobile, would come and advance the number by one queue card and process one 90-day report before taking off again and going in the back. 582 and 583 took off, they couldn't handle it. It took 45 minutes to process 581 and 584. I was losing control and my palms were getting sweaty. I stood there for another 10 minutes before the lady walked over, again talking on her mobile the entire time. She took my papers, never looked at any of them including the date, filled out the new appointment slip and tossed my passport next to the computer. At that point the kid went on a break with tablet, soft drink, and snacks in hand and left me standing there waiting for my passport. After another 10 minutes passed, I snapped, reached over the counter (something I would normally never do) and grabbed my passport and took off. It was the longest hour I have ever spent at Immigration. The only good thing out of the incompetence was that she never looked at the date to see I was 2 days late. So I saved 1,000 Baht.

• Like 1

The nice friendly guy with a smile wasn't on the 90 day counter last time I went. It was this useless guy (50s) who spent the entire time staring at his new smartphone. The student did all the work. Its like they're trying to get us to sign up for some visa company pay service.

• Like 1