90 Day Reporting - Comments & Experiences 2013

Tywais

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only use the appointment system for my annual. In at 10 finished 10-15 + wait for receipt. thumbsup.gif

OT I know but may I ask...I have my annual renewal next week & have an appointment

so when you go in do you drop that que card printout with the front desk like a check in?

Or just sit & wait to be called?

I dont want anyone yelling No Soup For You ! laugh.png

Thanks

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

I only use the appointment system for my annual. In at 10 finished 10-15 + wait for receipt. thumbsup.gif

OT I know but may I ask...I have my annual renewal next week & have an appointment

so when you go in do you drop that que card printout with the front desk like a check in?

Thanks

I only go there once a year for about 30 minutes, so I don't really get a chance see much of the place or what others do. Last year, dropped it in the box about 0955 just stayed at that spot as there were no seats. Immigration officer picked it up at 10 am exactly, she didn't need to call my name.....we sort of just made eye contact.wink.png

Edited by uptheos

Thanks

I only go there once a year for about 30 minutes, so I don't really get a chance see much of the place or what others do. Last year, dropped it in the box about 0955 just stayed at that spot as there were no seats. Immigration officer picked it up at 10 am exactly, she didn't need to call my name.....we sort of just made eye contact.wink.png

You one big sexy old man.smile.png

• Like 1

Thanks

Just let those at the central desk know you have arrived and then sit/stand and wait to be called.

post-51-0-81189500-1375576777_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks

You one big sexy old man.smile.png

laugh.png .......it was a moment.

The latest RE-ENTRY stamp and 90 DAY REPORT information Thursday 10 AM........................

Motorcycle parking is now in the next door lot West side. If you are not one of the first 15 to arrive at 6 AM go there.

Arrived Immigration 7 AM #42 in line. By 8 AM there were almost 100 in line across the parking lot.

The first 15 to arrive had numbered seating near the entrance door. The rest of us stood in the morning sun until 8 AM. An umbrella would help as it was very HOT !

8 AM door opens.....received #42 number card......found seat inside.....Thai Immigration staff started calling entrance numbers from center desk....in sequence, no exceptions.

At 8:15 #42 was called I centered myself to their direct front and handed over my completed paperwork for a RE-ENTRY stamp. Upon their approval I was given the station # & reservation #.

I was now assigned station #1 and reservation # 007.......(Bond,James Bond)(I couldn't resist !)..... meaning 6 others were in front of me for a RE-ENTRY.

8:45....007 was called up to submit passport & completed paperwork to station #1. 1 minor oversight.....I had to run out to the copy machine to make copy of last used RE-ENTRY/3 YRS ago.

9:15 AM received passport with RE-ENTRY from center desk and immediately requested a 90 DAY REPORT reservation. 90 Day due date was in two days.

Received #528 with 520 now being served. At 9:30 #528 was called up/approved/bar-code checked and out the door at 9:35 AM. At 9:15 it was announced that anyone with appt #55 or higher...............come back tomorrow.

Conclusions: For RE-ENTRY and/or 90DAY REPORT show up at 9:30 or later and avoid the scrum. For everything else........show up EARLY if you do not have a computer made appt.

I've been doing this for 10 years as a resident and what I see is Thai Immigration doing their best with what they have to work with, making changes for the better almost daily.

The problem is there are one hell-of-a-lot of newby's in town with no idea of how to work with the system.

I'm outta here on RnR for several month's but I'll be back............Jolly Roger

What is the proceedure or process if you lose the

• TM.6 (Arrival/Departure Card) they stapled into your passport when you arrived? Is this a big problem? Thanks

August 13: First day the office open following holiday weekend and our usual full house... But, amazing to say, I arrived a little before 1:00 p.m.--and on my way by 1:15! For the 90-day reporting, at least, the speedy service was astounding (when compared to previous experiences earlier in the year). Kudos to Immigration!

One reminder: You have to sign all Xerox copies.

Not being a regular, it certainly seems as if the place has a bit more order about it than last year and good to read that people are getting their 90 day reports done faster thumbsup.gif It was nice to pop in for 30 minutes (annual renewal) and hopefully I will pop in again in appx 13 months time.smile.png

Not being a regular, it certainly seems as if the place has a bit more order about it than last year and good to read that people are getting their 90 day reports done faster thumbsup.gif It was nice to pop in for 30 minutes (annual renewal) and hopefully I will pop in again in appx 13 months time.smile.png

Not being a regular you sure had a lot to say about it.

Big difference between rumor and seeing.whistling.gif

Took me an hour and a half today to move my extension to stay retiremen visa or what ever else you want to call it into my new passport.wai2.gif

Today,Retirement Extension appointment booked for 9.30,called in 9.20,finished,waiting outside for passport return 9.33.Back to topic also had 90 day as well,one trip.Passport back,photocopy new extension out the back,90 day done and down the road 10.02.I'm not listening to any bad talk about CM Immigration today.A very small crowd waiting by usual standards.

Edited by kimincm

xav-67161.jpg,q_r=0.pagespeed.ic.h8UWNq_

Posted Today, 16:04

Today,Retirement Extension appointment booked for 9.30,called in 9.20,finished,waiting outside for passport return 9.33.Back to topic also had 90 day as well,one trip.Passport back,photocopy new extension out the back,90 day done and down the road 10.02.I'm not listening to any bad talk about CM Immigration today.clap2.gifclap2.gif A very small crowd waiting by usual standards.smile.png

Edited by kimincm, Today, 16:06 .

Well said

• TM.6 (Arrival/Departure Card) they stapled into your passport when you arrived? Is this a big problem? Thanks

I lost mine 2-3 years ago (I later found it in the bottom of my shoulder bag). The person at Immigration was NOT pleased and told me so. But, after a couple minutes filled in a new one for me and stressed the point that this card was important.

Doug

I lost mine 2-3 years ago (I later found it in the bottom of my shoulder bag). The person at Immigration was NOT pleased and told me so. But, after a couple minutes filled in a new one for me and stressed the point that this card was important.

Doug

Did you go to the regular immigration office or the one at the airport?

• 2 weeks later...

I do not understand any of the problems mentioned. Fill in the form, copy P/P and arrival card return envelope and post the whole thing to the immigration, no waiting, no stress, all works in the background and you can relax

Except immigration (CM) is no longer excepting posted 90 day reports. See the pinned topic.

I wonder what would happen if you mailed the TM.47 notification to the Chiang Mai immigration office just the same. I posted about it here in another topic: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/664153-why-are-we-subjected-to-90-reporting/page-4#entry6769560

Last time I went for 90 day report, I let the wife off at the entrance to immigration and drove up to the airport parking. She had all the copies and my passport. I sat in the truck drinking some iced tea and reading a book. Took her about an hour and she had no problems. This is the way that I shall be doing my future 90 day reports. Works great.

Last time I went for 90 day report, I let the wife off at the entrance to immigration and drove up to the airport parking. She had all the copies and my passport. I sat in the truck drinking some iced tea and reading a book. Took her about an hour and she had no problems. This is the way that I shall be doing my future 90 day reports. Works great.

Funny you should mention that. The last 2 times I've had to go for 90-day reports I've dropped the g/f off with my passport and all copies. I just drove around the parking lot a couple of times or double-parked and waited. Last week she was out before I made the 2nd lap around the parking lot; about 4 minutes time. The time before it took her about 10-12 minutes. She doesn't bother with a queue card, she just pushes her way to the front. When I asked her how she did it so quickly last week she told me that she just told one of the interns in the middle queue that she was late to pick up our child from school and the intern just took the papers over to the end counter and they did the 90-day right away, regardless of how many people were in the queue.wink.png

The other day, I walked int immigration at about 2 PM, went to the middle desk and got my number which came up immediately. The whole process took about 60 seconds. That has not happened for many years.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Funny you should mention that. The last 2 times I've had to go for 90-day reports I've dropped the g/f off with my passport and all copies. I just drove around the parking lot a couple of times or double-parked and waited. Last week she was out before I made the 2nd lap around the parking lot; about 4 minutes time. The time before it took her about 10-12 minutes. She doesn't bother with a queue card, she just pushes her way to the front. When I asked her how she did it so quickly last week she told me that she just told one of the interns in the middle queue that she was late to pick up our child from school and the intern just took the papers over to the end counter and they did the 90-day right away, regardless of how many people were in the queue.wink.png

Yeh, my experience with queue cutters at immigration has been that they are usually pushy Thai bitches with some bull shit story. Imbeciles that think taking advantage of others is intelligent behavior.

• Like 2

Bunch of off topic and argumentative posts removed.

I think you removed posts that were in fact critical of posters recommending dishonesty as a way to circumvent the ticket system?

But the post recommending a way to do it was left on.

But on the flip side of the coin not all Thai women are pushy out of my way you don't count type of people. My wife always goes with me and just this last time found out she could do it for me and I wouldn't have to even go in. She would go out of her way to follow the rules and never consider putting herself ahead of others with a BS story.