90 Day Reporting - Comments & Experiences 2013

Tywais

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there today 7/6/2013 at approx 2.00 and the place was heaving ,no parking

places anywhere, so drop the wife off and told her what to do,while i kept driving

around in circles, she was in and out in about 15 mins,so she has gotten the job

in the future.I will send her on motorbike so it will be easier for parking.

so thats one problem solved......whats next !

regards Worgeordie

places anywhere, so drop the wife off and told her what to do,while i kept driving

around in circles, she was in and out in about 15 mins,so she has gotten the job

regards Worgeordie

Annual extension biggrin.png wife can drop you off !

Please folks just mail it. Nice and easy. Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Did you read my post just above yours? This is the CM forum and CM immigration has put a halt to mail in reports. It may be revived later or may not but for now do not supply inaccurate information that could cause members problems.

Tywais, please clarify. I mailed in a 90 day back in March, and received it back in the usual time frame, with no comments about "no more." I am on a retirement visa, and read in another thread that if you are on a retirement visa, mail-in is still possible. Anyone have any feedback about this?

regards Worgeordie

Annual extension biggrin.png wife can drop you off !

Unfortunately ,or should I say glad she cannot drive,have enough problems ! regards Worgeordie

Please folks just mail it. Nice and easy. Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Did you read my post just above yours? This is the CM forum and CM immigration has put a halt to mail in reports. It may be revived later or may not but for now do not supply inaccurate information that could cause members problems.

Tywais, please clarify. I mailed in a 90 day back in March, and received it back in the usual time frame, with no comments about "no more." I am on a retirement visa, and read in another thread that if you are on a retirement visa, mail-in is still possible. Anyone have any feedback about this?

This was the reply by immigration to a member asking about mail in:

I have today contacted the CM Immigration office about the mailed 90 day's reports, this is the reply ...

For those resident in CM 'itself' the 90 day report via postage is no longer acceptable.

Those not resident in CM 'itself' can continue with their posted application, this is allowed in order torelease them from any long journeys.

The matter is now clarified.

The topic that verified by some TV members that it was no longer allowed - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/609446-a-definitive-answer-please-regarding-90-day-reporting-by-post/page-2#entry5997084

Now if there has been a change it would be very useful for others to report their current experiences of mail in reports or updated information from immigration.

This was the reply by immigration to a member asking about mail in:

>I have today contacted the CM Immigration office about the mailed 90 day's reports, this is the reply ...

For those resident in CM 'itself' the 90 day report via postage is no longer acceptable.

Those not resident in CM 'itself' can continue with their posted application, this is allowed in order torelease them from any long journeys.

The matter is now clarified.

The topic that verified by some TV members that it was no longer allowed - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/609446-a-definitive-answer-please-regarding-90-day-reporting-by-post/page-2#entry5997084

Now if there has been a change it would be very useful for others to report their current experiences of mail in reports or updated information from immigration.

Tywais

"Now if there has been a change it would be very useful for others to

report their current experiences of mail in reports or updated information from immigration."

It was my understanding that this thread was to be about that and other peoples current experience. So far it looks like the 90 day reporting is not a problem.

Seems like the posting is drifting away to the point if you want information on the current happenings you have to sift through a bunch of non related posts like the previous thread that was shut down.

Maybe these people who need to wander all over immigration could start a post titled what do you think of immigration.

Lobo4819, I'm delighted for you that you were successful BUT

It would be good to see a current and official statement somewhere that "for those living outside of Chiang Mai ______" or "beyond a radius of ___Km" that mail in reports will "Again be processed."

I read and followed that advice back in January. My report in January was NOT returned in the normal time frame and I went into immigration to sort things out in early March. Then in late March my original form was returned in the original self-addressed stamped envelope. During the months of January and February I was told, the local postmaster was told, and my wife was told that immigration was NOT processing the 90-day reports by mail.

FYI, just getting to the CM bus terminal takes more than 2 hours from our home in Northern Lampang, and there are other expats even further up, into the hills from me. If there is a radius, what is it?

This week the news was how

"Immigration's leadership is keen not to make things difficult for people to live in Thailand and they recognize that many improvements could possibly be made that do not require changing the law. They confirmed it was their intention that these letters be valid for six months and that they made the change recognizing the 15 day rule caused hardship. They said all of these changes can be shared with the public and that local immigration offices are being notified. A spot check of a couple of offices on June 4 showed they were not yet aware of the May 29 change, but local offices should be aware in the near future." http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/644827-immigration-extends-validity-of-income-verification-letter/

Is there some high-up immigration official or embassy official who can similarly provide a clear, definitive statement of policy in writing on this matter?

unsure.png Barring such a statement, and having been told my papers were processed "just this once" for having been mailed in in January, I am extremely reluctant to trust the contradictory statements that get posted here for policy, or even a verbal statement over the phone.

Lobo4819, I'm delighted for you that you were successful BUT

It would be good to see a current and official statement somewhere that "for those living outside of Chiang Mai ______" or "beyond a radius of ___Km" that mail in reports will "Again be processed."

I read and followed that advice back in January. My report in January was NOT returned in the normal time frame and I went into immigration to sort things out in early March. Then in late March my original form was returned in the original self-addressed stamped envelope. During the months of January and February I was told, the local postmaster was told, and my wife was told that immigration was NOT processing the 90-day reports by mail.

FYI, just getting to the CM bus terminal takes more than 2 hours from our home in Northern Lampang, and there are other expats even further up, into the hills from me. If there is a radius, what is it?

This week the news was how

"Immigration's leadership is keen not to make things difficult for people to live in Thailand and they recognize that many improvements could possibly be made that do not require changing the law. They confirmed it was their intention that these letters be valid for six months and that they made the change recognizing the 15 day rule caused hardship. They said all of these changes can be shared with the public and that local immigration offices are being notified. A spot check of a couple of offices on June 4 showed they were not yet aware of the May 29 change, but local offices should be aware in the near future." http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/644827-immigration-extends-validity-of-income-verification-letter/

Is there some high-up immigration official or embassy official who can similarly provide a clear, definitive statement of policy in writing on this matter?

unsure.png Barring such a statement, and having been told my papers were processed "just this once" for having been mailed in in January, I am extremely reluctant to trust the contradictory statements that get posted here for policy, or even a verbal statement over the phone.

I live in the Amphur Saraphi, which is outside of CM, but not by much. As I mentioned, the 90 day report for March went through the same as always. Last week, I sent in the June report and am still waiting, but it usually takes 2 weeks as a normal timeframe.

Coincidentally, I was at a housewarming/string tying/heavy drinking party at a neighbors over the weekend, and met a neighbor who works for immigration, and asked him if it was true that if you live outside Muang CM you can still mail them in. He smiled and nodded his head 'yes,' but as I mentioned, it was a heavy drinking party and he may have given the same response if I had asked him if he slept with small animals.

I will head down to "Doe Maw" late next week if I don't receive anything back.

• Like 1

It's a masochist's thread ......if people are having such mega headaches either;

1. Ask Thailand the secret, he does one for 10 minutes or 3 for 25. biggrin.png

2. Just give it to Assist for 1,000 baht and forget about reporting all together. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

It's a masochist's thread ......if people are having such mega headaches either;

1. Ask Thailand the secret, he does one for 10 minutes or 3 for 25. :D

2. Just give it to Assist for 1,000 baht and forget about reporting all together. :thumbsup:

2. Just give it to Assist for 1,000 baht and forget about reporting all together. :thumbsup:

That is not what I said. In fact I never even entered immigration on 5th June. I simply said 1 re-entry and 2 x 90 day reports took 25 minutes. Fact.

2. Just give it to Assist for 1,000 baht and forget about reporting all together. thumbsup.gif

That is not what I said. In fact I never even entered immigration on 5th June. I simply said 1 re-entry and 2 x 90 day reports took 25 minutes. Fact.

OK, well how should this have been read?

Quote:

This afternoon.

1 re-entry , 2 x 90 day reports.

Total time 25 minutes.

Regardless, you're the 90 day guru. biggrin.png

• Like 1

OK, well how should this have been read?

Quote:

This afternoon.

1 re-entry , 2 x 90 day reports.

Total time 25 minutes.

Regardless, you're the 90 day guru. :D

The wife did it!

Uptheos, You must have a vested interest in Assist, since it is your answer to all problems with immigration - whether or not people have expressed other concerns.

There is an option 3. Continue using channels suggesting that the Thai immigration puyai in Bangkok help alleviate the staffing and space limitations in Chiang Mai so that the national policy of accepting mail-in reports is again observed. Even better, encourage the adoption of the rumored on-line process. thumbsup.gif At the very least - have a posted statement updating the policy does exist, as some reports above indicate.

The on-line option can't be too much more difficult than the process of securing an appointment. The paperwork is already there with the annual extensions - including linking people with an email address.

If embassy people were able to swiftly and effectively intervene with the authorities at immigration for the documentation of income papers, why not also this? I'll keep coming back to this since I support agencies doing what they are set up to do rather than the patchwork of privatized fixes that may eventually show problems like in the USA contractor arrangements - with new scandals every week or so.

Uptheos, You must have a vested interest in Assist, since it is your answer to all problems with immigration - whether or not people have expressed other concerns.

There is an option 3. Continue using channels suggesting that the Thai immigration puyai in Bangkok help alleviate the staffing and space limitations in Chiang Mai so that the national policy of accepting mail-in reports is again observed. Even better, encourage the adoption of the rumored on-line process. thumbsup.gif At the very least - have a posted statement updating the policy does exist, as some reports above indicate.

The on-line option can't be too much more difficult than the process of securing an appointment. The paperwork is already there with the annual extensions - including linking people with an email address.

If embassy people were able to swiftly and effectively intervene with the authorities at immigration for the documentation of income papers, why not also this? I'll keep coming back to this since I support agencies doing what they are set up to do rather than the patchwork of privatized fixes that may eventually show problems like in the USA contractor arrangements - with new scandals every week or so.

Vested interest certainly not, but I do like to support worthy causes.

Obviously you haven't been told (ad nauseam) that we are merely guests in this country. Therefore, anything to do with the Thai government and it's agencies is absolutely none of our business and to be honest I don't think I need to spend my time doing what the Thai's don't want me to do, thank you very much.

So, as a guest, my objective is to relax, take things easy and enjoy life as free of stress as possible. By paying Assist 1,000 baht a year I can completely forget about 90 day reporting and leave all the stress and campaigning that seemingly now goes with it, to people like yourself. smile.png

got to immigration at 10:45 today and was out, with my new 90 day certificate, by 10:52... plenty of seats in the waiting room, no lines at any of the counters... got 542 as my number, 540 was on the board.

Just about ties my record for quickies...

• Like 1

got to immigration at 10:45 today and was out, with my new 90 day certificate, by 10:52... plenty of seats in the waiting room, no lines at any of the counters... got 542 as my number, 540 was on the board.

Just about ties my record for quickies...

You will need to change your tagline from last place finisher to almost 1st place wink.png

Can anyone confirm that you still have 7 days to report after your due day?

The foreigner makes the notification in person, or

The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or

The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.

The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.

The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm that you still have 7 days to report after your due day?

The foreigner makes the notification in person, or

The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or

The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.

The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.

The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

Thanks Thailand...... just double, triple checking.thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Something must be working better at Immigration! The preceding post was made on 19 June, and it took me a while to dig out this thread. Here's a step-by-step report on this morning.

Arrived early (07:15) at immigration this morning. Just missed the last spot in the parking lot, which had a parking guard, and parked across the road for Bt20. About 20 people waiting patiently, most under cover by the rear cafe door. Perhaps another 10 showed up before the cafe door to the main waiting room was opened about 07:40 after a brief (hard-to-hear) announcement about the procedure for getting a queue number once inside at the center desk. Believe it or not, there were still three late-arriving scruffy farang trying to push to the front to get in the door first! They were handled firmly but politely by other farang.

Inside, a young lady handed out the first queue card indicating the order in which you would be called to the center counter where you would be given a second queue card for the appropriate desk to handle your particular business (i.e., retirement extension, 90-day report, et cetera). Everyone took a seat. Those with numbers over 55 were told to come back at 13:00. (As far as I could tell, they were allowed to keep their numbers and places in the day's queue).

There were three experienced Immigration officers (not university student interns) at the center desk working rapidly and checking documents to hand out the second queue card after a second general announcement was made (which was hard to hear because of chatty farang). Small groups were called to the counter where most everyone seemed to have their paperwork in order, so things moved quite quickly. Few questions asked, and just a few were sent off for missing photos or photocopies.

At 08:00 everyone was asked to stand up for the anthem. (One officer went to the door and yelled at the Burmese crowded under a canopy to the rear of the parking lot to stand up!)

It took some time for the 90-Day report station to open up for business, and things moved rather slowly. No agents or lackeys with great numbers of updates to do for others, however, which might happen sometimes, I suppose. One of the pushy farang from earlier on still didn't have his act together, and little work seemed to be going on behind the counter, so no explanation of the general delay. But then things started to move along rapidly. Maybe the officer was loosening up first with a few mental calisthenics. I was 14th in line and had two extensions to do for me and my wife. The guy was blazingly fast doing them, and off I went. Elapsed time: 1 1/4 hours, most of which taken up by the early arrival and the herding into the office. Now, that's definitely slow by my experience over the years. Your mileage will vary, I am sure!

All in all, quite well organized if a bit tedious, so take a book. Given their limited staff and facilities, Immigration seems to have come up with a fairly decent solution in handling the swarms of foreigners which have descended upon them.

Edited by Mapguy

At 08:00 everyone was asked to stand up for the anthem. (One officer went to the door and yelled at the Burmese crowded under a canopy to the rear of the parking lot to stand up!)

It took some time for the 90-Day report station to open up for business, and things moved rather slowly. No agents or lackeys with great numbers of updates to do for others, however, which might happen sometimes, I suppose.

Did the officer shout 'stand up' in Burmese?

Agents already handed 90 day papers in the back door, hence the delay in opening up. wink.png

Edited by uptheos

It took some time for the 90-Day report station to open up for business, and things moved rather slowly. No agents or lackeys with great numbers of updates to do for others, however, which might happen sometimes, I suppose.

Agents already handed 90 day papers in the back door, hence the delay in opening up. wink.png

Well, if not ordered in Burmese, I think his tone of voice was probably sufficient!

Yes, agents. Well, I was keeping my eye on the back door,actually. I saw two young people exit who struck me as agents departing. PreviousIy, I always used to see such types enter and leave through the front I think they may have wised up to the growing threat of being pummeled to death by a mob for breezing in through the front counter to do their business regardless of those waiting out front.

The officers do have to catch up with the agents' offerings sometime --- that's for sure --- but the agents left quite early in the proceedings, actually. The second guy at the front counter, entering the data into the computer, did have a small stack of forms in front of him, but not very many. Maybe those were mailed forms (which are still accepted, as I understand it, if they are mailed from outside Muang Chiang Mai) but I saw no return envelopes; that sort of thing.

More to say about other things going on this morning in another thread.

Edited by Mapguy

Something must be working better at Immigration! The preceding post was made on 19 June, and it took me a while to dig out this thread. Here's a step-by-step report on this morning.

Arrived early (07:15) at immigration this morning. Just missed the last spot in the parking lot, which had a parking guard, and parked across the road for Bt20. About 20 people waiting patiently, most under cover by the rear cafe door. Perhaps another 10 showed up before the cafe door to the main waiting room was opened about 07:40 after a brief (hard-to-hear) announcement about the procedure for getting a queue number once inside at the center desk. Believe it or not, there were still three late-arriving scruffy farang trying to push to the front to get in the door first! They were handled firmly but politely by other farang.

Inside, a young lady handed out the first queue card indicating the order in which you would be called to the center counter where you would be given a second queue card for the appropriate desk to handle your particular business (i.e., retirement extension, 90-day report, et cetera). Everyone took a seat. Those with numbers over 55 were told to come back at 13:00. (As far as I could tell, they were allowed to keep their numbers and places in the day's queue).

There were three experienced Immigration officers (not university student interns) at the center desk working rapidly and checking documents to hand out the second queue card after a second general announcement was made (which was hard to hear because of chatty farang). Small groups were called to the counter where most everyone seemed to have their paperwork in order, so things moved quite quickly. Few questions asked, and just a few were sent off for missing photos or photocopies.

It took some time for the 90-Day report station to open up for business, and things moved rather slowly. No agents or lackeys with great numbers of updates to do for others, however, which might happen sometimes, I suppose. One of the pushy farang from earlier on still didn't have his act together, and little work seemed to be going on behind the counter, so no explanation of the general delay. But then things started to move along rapidly. Maybe the officer was loosening up first with a few mental calisthenics. I was 14th in line and had two extensions to do for me and my wife. The guy was blazingly fast doing them, and off I went. Elapsed time: 1 1/4 hours, most of which taken up by the early arrival and the herding into the office. Now, that's definitely slow by my experience over the years. Your mileage will vary, I am sure!

All in all, quite well organized if a bit tedious, so take a book. Given their limited staff and facilities, Immigration seems to have come up with a fairly decent solution in handling the swarms of foreigners which have descended upon them.

Not sure if I got this rite, you spent a total of 75 minutes there, 25 were before they opened the doors.

I was under the impression that they did not start doing business until 8:30.

Was that the time when they actually started processing the paper work on the 90 day reports.

I know if every body has their paper work in order it does go fairly fast. "usually"

By my calculations from the moment the 90 day line opened you were number 14 and served in 30 minutes. Not bad.

Well, if not ordered in Burmese, I think his tone of voice was probably sufficient!

Yes, agents. Well, I was keeping my eye on the back door,actually. I saw two young people exit who struck me as agents departing. PreviousIy, I always used to see such types enter and leave through the front I think they may have wised up to the growing threat of being pummeled to death by a mob for breezing in through the front counter to do their business regardless of those waiting out front.

The officers do have to catch up with the agents' offerings sometime --- that's for sure --- but the agents left quite early in the proceedings, actually. The second guy at the front counter, entering the data into the computer, did have a small stack of forms in front of him, but not very many. Maybe those were mailed forms (which are still accepted, as I understand it, if they are mailed from outside Muang Chiang Mai) but I saw no return envelopes; that sort of thing.

I think you're right dolly, I know the agents do now go in the back door.....and quite rightly so, if I'm paying 1,000 baht for my 90 day reports I should get preference! hit-the-fan.gif

• Like 1

I think you're right dolly, I know the agents do now go in the back door.....and quite rightly so, if I'm paying 1,000 baht for my 90 day reports I should get preference! hit-the-fan.gif

my god d/d,havent u got another drum to bang,if your getting commision for every time u mention paying a grand u must have 10 years kudo now,surely u must have done somet else worth while,why u have been in cnx.but saying that i might try it myself one day,lol.peace.

my god d/d,havent u got another drum to bang,if your getting commision for every time u mention paying a grand u must have 10 years kudo now,surely u must have done somet else worth while,why u have been in cnx.but saying that i might try it myself one day,lol.peace.

Bothers you eh? laugh.png

BTW you were 2nd favourite to respond.

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

My apologies for my typographical error. Elapsed time was about 1 3/4 hours, not 1 1/4. Again, your mileage will vary. As I have mentioned, it was a tedious but civil experience --- still not as tedious and decorous as a tea party might be!! biggrin.png

• Like 1