Illegal “Sex Guides”, Prostitutes & Drug Users Rounded Up By Pattaya Police

Rimmer

Illegal “Sex Guides”, Prostitutes & Drug Users rounded up by Pattaya Police

guide-5.jpg
PATTAYA:--Pattaya Police conducted an operation in the South Pattaya Entertainment Zone early on Monday Morning and rounded up illegal “Sex” Guides, Prostitutes and drug users on Walking Street and Pattaya Beach.

The main purpose of the operation was to target the guides who carry laminated cards with information of sex shows and other x-rated attractions available for foreign tourists.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/86919/illegal-sex-guides-prostitutes-drug-users-rounded-pattaya-police/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-05-13

I consider these sex show touts as pests. However, they need to earn a living. If you stop them doing that, what will they try next? I think you need to be Nepalese or something to do tailor touting.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I would favor putting the sex show touts out of business permanently. Pattaya now really is attracting many more families and they all go to the beach and walking street as well. Not talking about shutting down the sex business, the go gos, the massage joints at all. Just talking about shutting down these in your face guys on the street. They're a people-sore. They are not needed. They make some baht but the damage they do to the city doesn't balance out.

Some of them would be perfect for baht bus drivers. Uh oh!

Edited by Jingthing

The beach sex worker walkers I consider a separate question. I was referring only to those blokes holding the obscene cards and also the pimpy ones approaching people offering BOOM BOOM.

Edited by Jingthing

So...., the sex touts are illegal ,but the shows and the premises that they advertise and the people operating them aren't ???

Advertising these shows may tarnish Pattaya's image ....allowing (for a kick-back), them to operate ,somehow doesn't ?

Two-faced and laughable .

• Like 1

So...., the sex touts are illegal ,but the shows and the premises that they advertise and the people operating them aren't ???

Advertising these shows may tarnish Pattaya's image ....allowing (for a kick-back), them to operate ,somehow doesn't ?

People can choose to go to those shows or not. Walking down the street we don't need to hear about them every minute by having plastic cards with lists of obscene sex acts thrust in our faces. Not two faced in the slightest.

Some may try to paint these characters as passive innocents. But that's not what they do. They are extremely aggressive, obnoxious and pervasive. Like I said, they take value away from Pattaya as a tourist destination for the sake of increased riches for a FEW.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

People can choose to go to those shows or not. Walking down the street we don't need to hear about them every minute by having plastic cards with lists of obscene sex acts thrust in our faces. Not two faced in the slightest.

Some may try to paint these characters as passive innocents. But that's not what they do. They are extremely aggressive, obnoxious and pervasive. Like I said, they take value away from Pattaya as a tourist destination for the sake of increased riches for a FEW.

A tourist destination for the sex tourists. It is hardly the place you would take the kids on a family holiday. Well I wouldn't take my young children into such an enviroment others may.

• Like 2

To add:

On the beach road sex walker question, I think that is a lot more complicated. Most of them are not aggressive. People have the right to loiter on the beach. I think the aggressive ones should be checked and ideally I think the police are on the right track doing periodic sweeps to get pictures and IDs on all of them. But I wouldn't go so far as to ban them. Street walkers are more or less normal for an urban beach resort city.

To add:

On the beach road sex walker question, I think that is a lot more complicated. Most of them are not aggressive. People have the right to loiter on the beach. I think the aggressive ones should be checked and ideally I think the police are on the right track doing periodic sweeps to get pictures and IDs on all of them. But I wouldn't go so far as to ban them. Street walkers are more or less normal for an urban beach resort city.

You're conveniently forgetting that street walkers (prostitutes) are illegal. So what you're saying is that aggressive illegal activities should be frowned upon but non-aggressive prostitutes should be allowed to loiter and solicit in public places, occupying space that could be utilised legitimately by locals, visitors or residents, potentially annoying or embarrassing those people?

You say you wouldn't ban street walkers, but I can't imagine why anyone would tolerate them (unless one wanted to use their services, not suggesting you would). What possible benefit are they to anyone in any circumstances?

I also think you're stretching it a little by saying that street walkers are normal for urban beach resorts.

Prostitution is illegal in Thailand but not enforced. We all know that. It is so not enforced here that police have been known to help sex workers get payment when payment is denied. Personally I wouldn't be bothered if there were no street walkers here at all, but I just see it as a thornier, greyer area than obnoxious pimp touts.

I used to travel more in the past so it's been awhile, but yes in my previous experience roving sex workers are a fact of life in many international beach resort cities. In my experience such places as Honolulu, Acapulco, Santo Domingo, etc.

Edited by Jingthing

"You say you wouldn't ban street walkers, but I can't imagine why anyone would tolerate them (unless one wanted to use their services, not suggesting you would). What possible benefit are they to anyone in any circumstances?"

me thinks you need to work on your imagination. There are plenty, well, enough, places you can take your little Timmy and Jane other than Walking Street. If you don't like it, go elsewhere. There is this attitude among certain of the PC crowd that seems to indicate an intense dislike of anyone doing anything anywhere that they don't approve of and think it is their duty to go stamp it out. I don't approve or disapprove of hookers. It's like McDonalds: if you don't like it, don't eat there. If you don't like hookers, don't go there. Jesus! It is just part of the scene here, and probably the most cost effective method of getting aid to impoverished Isaan villages. I'll take Walking Street over the UN any day... or night.

• Like 1

I assume the photo is a small percentage of the people they rounded up. The rest of them would be in a stadium somewhere close by.

Yes, I didn't see any door girls in that line up either. Oh the horror.

A tourist destination for the sex tourists. It is hardly the place you would take the kids on a family holiday. Well I wouldn't take my young children into such an enviroment others may.

Maybe ''Good Old Dad'' had the casting vote to bring the family here rather than Koh Chang?

Great to hear from people who've never been here

Can't speak for the others but I have been there, once and would never go back to the cess pool.

Perhaps there would not be a need for them, if all those "show" places did not charge 300-500 entrance fees, while in most gogo's same thing is FREE.

You will notice they target certain group of people, the clueless ones and charge them 300 per person to enter.

Meanwhile, as we speak Jumbos and 777's are full of newcomers, who have dreamed of the Pattaya decadence for years. biggrin.png

All those high class, billionare type tourists that Thailand is targetting and attracting I presume.

Coment intended for TAT.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

Can't speak for the others but I have been there, once and would never go back to the cess pool.

I guess "once" made you an expert already on the place:thumbsup:

Got to see it with my own eyes and smell the place. Definately not your 1 star rated tourist destination in my opinion. We all have different tastes and likes and it is definately the worst place I have seen in Thailand, The dirtiest place for sure in my opinion.

I guess "once" made you an expert already on the place:thumbsup:

Got to see it with my own eyes and smell the place. Definately not your 1 star rated tourist destination in my opinion. We all have different tastes and likes and it is definately the worst place I have seen in Thailand, The dirtiest place for sure in my opinion.
You do realize Pattaya is more than 1 street right?

The worst place you have seen? but you also get over charged and arrested for some crazy reasons.

Does not exactly happen to too many people living in Thailand , does it?

• Like 1

The beach sex worker walkers I consider a separate question. I was referring only to those blokes holding the obscene cards and also the pimpy ones approaching people offering BOOM BOOM.

Isn't amazing that anywhere you go in the world, the word BOOM BOOM, means the same thing. Except maybe Iraq. Then it might mean something else. LOL

• Like 1

Getting rid of the touts sounds good. Who can complain about not having these pests in your face? But, just thinking out loud here and this isn't really meant as a criticism, there's always the Law of Unintended Consequences to consider. If they're prevented from touting the way they are now, to what will they turn? Frankly, I consider the ubiquitous Indian tailor tout MUCH more obnoxious & aggressive, but I doubt anybody'll be doing anything about them anytime soon. These sex-show touts aren't that aggressive in my experience.

• Like 1

Was just starting a business, printing a standardized stick-man and woman chart showing the universal positions and performance stances. All in nice cue card format and with 2 gumby like flexible props included to show the customers the goods!

Guess i will look for a new venture, again.