Why Is It So Damned Hard To Get Staff?

raro

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McDonalds doesn't seem to have any trouble finding staff, I wonder why

and you know this how exactly?whistling.gif

I expect it is because he hasn't noticed any closing down due to lack of employees.

Both Avenue or Central mcd are always staffed with plenty of english speaking staff.. I mean if it was so bad they would always be short staff no ? and Avenue is open 24/7 so it's not like a dream job to be working all night :rolleyes:

I don't claim it's easy but they seem to always find enough qualified staff to run the place

I expect it is because he hasn't noticed any closing down due to lack of employees.

Just because business does not have enough staff it does not mean it closes down-common sense really.

Some staff work double shifts, visit Mc Donalds at night and see how long it takes to get your order.

Both Avenue or Central mcd are always staffed with plenty of english speaking staff.. I mean if it was so bad they would always be short staff no ? and Avenue is open 24/7 so it's not like a dream job to be working all night rolleyes.gif

I don't claim it's easy but they seem to always find enough qualified staff to run the place

Again, what makes you think they are not short of staffed? you think they have plenty it does not mean they think they have plenty.

Both Avenue or Central mcd are always staffed with plenty of english speaking staff.. I mean if it was so bad they would always be short staff no ? and Avenue is open 24/7 so it's not like a dream job to be working all night rolleyes.gif

Again, what makes you think they are not short of staffed? you think they have plenty it does not mean they think they have plenty.
well now that you mention it, sometimes the service quality is not the best.. lack of staff or thai work ethics hard to tell :rolleyes: Edited by yoslim

well now that you mention it, sometimes the service quality is not the best.. lack of staff or thai work ethics hard to tell rolleyes.gif

Just a few days ago, i was full staffed and if you came to my business few days ago and today, you would not be be able to tell the difference, HOWEVER what you do not know is that today all my staff, including myself doing double if not triple shifts because the others were either fired or did not show up.

Never judge a book by its cover as the saying goes.

Also another reason, you may find most stores have more staff than they need, only because staff does not stay and getting new one is even more challenging.

• Like 1

Just because business does not have enough staff it does not mean it closes down-common sense really.

Some staff work double shifts, visit Mc Donalds at night and see how long it takes to get your order.

Thank you but I don't think I will enter a Mickey D's either day or night. I went to one about 10 years ago and it was not good. I went to one again about a year ago and immediately noticed the size of the burger had shrunk significantly and it was still, not good. Can't stand it.

But I am a bit partial to KFC :)

My wife asked me after telling her about this thread, Why are farrangs asking farrangs how to get Thais to work for them why arn't they asking Thais?

although it may appear like this, Thaivisa is restricted to farangs...

I asked around a lot in the Thai community I'm acquainted with but no results. Here, I got a bunch of referrals by PM, but no results yet. If you are out there and reading this, give me a call, you have my number.

Coincidentally, a Thai friend of mine came the other day out of the bush work and asked if we are still looking for sales. Hell, yes! biggrin.png

Guess they waited for a while to see whether we are still around after 2 months.

Never mind, we are planning to employ more sales, so keep them coming!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The wife said that all Thais have their groups and thats how employees get jobs,through those groups, especially in Pattaya, and then she said if she were looking for employees she would hire a friend to go out and get the employees she needed. Cheers

Edited by ozziebloke

OP: Are you stil looking for Thai sales staff? If so PM your phone number and we can review a male member of my Thai family to ascertain if suitable for interview. Note, he does not speak English