Russian Dies In Horrific Road Crash In Jomtien

webfact

Russian dies in horrific road crash in Jomtien

A 33 year old Russian was killed in a high speed road crash on Jomtien Second Road on Monday Night.

PATTAYA: -- Police and rescue services were called to the scene of the crash just before 8.30pm and were met with a disturbing crash scene. The body of the Russian had been torn into two pieces after he was thrown through the air and hit a street pylon.

The victim was driving a Kawasaki 750cc rented motorbike. In front of him was a Honda City, driven by Khun Duenjai aged 24 and a Motorbike Taxi, driven by Khun Bagan aged 32, who sustained minor injuries but was sent to Hospital as a precaution.

Witnesses, including the driver of the Honda City, explained how the Russian approached at a high rate of speed in the left lane of the carriageway and overtook the slower moving car. He then cut back into the left lane after the overtake but failed to see the motorbike taxi in front of the car.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/87001/russian-dies-horrific-road-crash-jomtien/

(Warning! Some images may be disturbing)

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-05-14

• Like 1

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big bike, high speed and another horrific accident.

Terrible for the emergency services to deal with and also shocking for those who witnessed this. A body sliced in two cannot be a pretty sight for anyone except the most gruesome.

horrific accident , I guess this guy was not "used" to drive such powerful motorcycle ..Maybe the rental could ask the people some proper driving license ... shoking one more time .

having a drivers license doesnt automatically mean you have a brain, we rent bikes and always advise the renters thailand roads are extremely dangerous and to drive slowly, i am sorry for the guys family but we always see this kind of reckless driving usually from thais that we all complain about that put our lives at risk

• Like 2

horrific accident , I guess this guy was not "used" to drive such powerful motorcycle ..Maybe the rental could ask the people some proper driving license ... shoking one more time .

Yes, and, maybe the stories of the of the motorcycle taxi rider and the driver of the Honda City arte a total fabrication. Wouldn't be the first time would it they lies would be more advantageous

that being honest.

And of course it must have been the Russians fault because had he not been in the country it would not (could not) have happened.

Here we go...........

Sad but predictable...........

Edited by somchai jones
  • Like 2

A case of too much bike for someone who was most likely under skilled in riding and possibly intoxicated. Sad to see young lads...including many military serviceman come here with a big wad in their wallet and an ego of "I'm invincible"....only to get in over their head in hurry on one of these large engine bikes.

In this case....even the helmet did not help. Yeeeeck bah.gif

So now you see, being a big man riding a big bike..well its not always the best thing to do. Is it not better to be safe than look like a hard man on the steets ! Get a som tow instead

having a drivers license doesnt automatically mean you have a brain, we rent bikes and always advise the renters thailand roads are extremely dangerous and to drive slowly, i am sorry for the guys family but we always see this kind of reckless driving usually from thais that we all complain about that put our lives at risk

yes totally agree but I guess some rental are not as good as you can be .

At least one Russian a day gets injured or dies in these circumstances somewhere in LOS. Tragic but....no licence, no experience riding any bikes let alone big ones, never before riding / driving on the left, speeding, pissed....asking for it? You bet!

Yes, and, maybe the stories of the of the motorcycle taxi rider and the driver of the Honda City arte a total fabrication. Wouldn't be the first time would it they lies would be more advantageous

that being honest.

And of course it must have been the Russians fault because had he not been in the country it would not (could not) have happened.

Interesting. Would you speculate like this if a tourist died on a big bike in your home country? Consider all that he must have been going at quite a clip for his body to be sliced in half when it hit the pole. But no, it's those sneaky Thais again... responsible for all that's bad and never owning up to it.

• Like 1

Wise words but we are talking about a 750cc motorbike. There is no need for more than a twist and go for getting around.

I've always said that it makes no sense to rent a bike like that in Pattaya with the roads and all the traffic. There is no place to drive it how it is meant to be driven. Too much power in too small of an area. Back home in the States I have a Ninja ZX-7 such as the guy died on, but for Pattaya I bought a Suzuki Skydrive 125.

Edited by AdamRich

that being honest.

Does it really seem likely to you that when a guy gets cut in half on a public street, doubtless with many witnesses, that the cops are going to make up some story that totally defies the laws of physics? There is no senior policeman's career at stake here or they might, but what would be the motivation. It seems a fair few people in the forums here are always convinced that Thais will make up huge lies in any situation just to make sure the foreigner gets nailed. i got hit by a truck recently while on a motorbike, (in a lane where I admittedly shouldn't have been). He was still declared culpable by the cops and his insurance paid up for hospital and other damages within a few weeks. They aren't out to get us as a general rule... it mostly happens only when we get caught up in a situation where someone "too important to be captured" is involved.

• Like 2

Sad to hear this. I have a 135cc scooter and try to drive carefully but everytime even that does not help. We have a busy road which sometimes has very long lane of cars waiting to get from 2 lanes to 1 lane smaller road. Motorcycles drive past this lane from right. Other day there was a truck which just decided to do U turn without looking the mirrors. Just made the movement without any indication. Maybe pissed off because the traffic jam but guess what happened to the motorcycle driver coming from behind overtaking all these cars?

When we looked the driver of the car... It looked like a construction worker from Burma or Cambodia which might though that this was just an accident and he did not do anything wrong.

I wonder what the statistics are for death and serious accidents on big bikes in Thailand. They are dangerous machines not amusement park rides.

All rentals should be limited to 125cc and a valid driving license.

I wonder what the statistics are for death and serious accidents on big bikes in Thailand. They are dangerous machines not amusement park rides.

All rentals should be limited to 125cc and a valid driving license.

TiT. A lot of people would lose a lot of money if this happened, but I agree, this is the way it should be.

that being honest.

Do be a bit sensible, the guy was in two pieces so he was travelling VERY fast. When will they stop renting big bikes to people

on holiday and without a full bike licence.

These 750's are faster than the racing bikes from 20 years ago and are not easy to ride.

I went to the Isle of Man a few years ago and even there, most of the riders did not know how to ride fast and safe.