Phuket Teen Motorbike Rider Survives Slam Into Juggernaut

webfact

Phuket teen motorbike rider survives slam into juggernaut
Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- A Phuket teenager is in hospital this morning after the motorbike he was riding slammed into the back of a cement truck near the Heroines Monument in Thalang late last night.

Lt Col Apidet Chuaykue said Thalang Police were notified of the accident at one minute past midnight.

Police arrived quickly at the scene, along with an emergency-response team from the Kusoldharm Foundation, to find Natthaphon Suwan, 18, with a serious injury to his forehead.

He also broke an arm and leg in the accident.

Rescue workers failed to find a safety helmet at the scene.

“He is now receiving treatment at the hospital’s neurology ward. We cannot reveal any further details of the patient,” staff at Vachira Phuket Hospital told the Phuket Gazette this morning.

Arun Kanana, the 38-year-old driver of the cement truck, told police, “I was pulling over to drop off a friend and out of nowhere a motorbike crashed into the back of my truck at high speed.”

Thalang Police took photos of the scene before taking both vehicles to the Thalang Police Station to continue their investigation.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Phuket-teen-motorbike-rider-survives-slam-into-juggernaut-21040.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-05-14

• Like 1

Notice from picture where the driver decided to stop and drop his friend off. Red and white lines on curb (No stopping or waiting.)

Kid wearing no helmet plus most likely undertaking on the left.

These things happen when everybody breaks the law....coffee1.gif Traffic here is just dumb

Notice from picture where the driver decided to stop and drop his friend off. Red and white lines on curb (No stopping or waiting.)

These things happen when everybody breaks the law....coffee1.gif Traffic here is just dumb

Are you sure? Afaik those lines mean no parking, not no stopping.

Notice from the report the driver said he was pulling over not that he had stopped. Maybe his intended place to stop was further down the road but the motorbike ran into him as he was slowing down so he stopped at the scene of the collision?

(internet)Traffic here is just dumb

Edited by VocalNeal

These things happen when everybody breaks the law....Posted Image Traffic here is just dumb

I always thought it was leftover Christmas decorations.

Yellow/white = no waiting but stopping

Red/white = no stopping or waiting at all

Yes you are right about no parking or stopping at red/white kerb..

Paangjang..You noticed the red/white kerb...but making your comment 'most likely undertaking on the left. ' maybe you didn't notice the impacted right side mudguard,and the remains of pink bike stuck between the right rear dual tyres....indicates to me he was to the right of the truck, not undertaking on the left...wai2.gif

Yes you are right about no parking or stopping at red/white kerb..

Paangjang..You noticed the red/white kerb...but making your comment 'most likely undertaking on the left. ' maybe you didn't notice the impacted right side mudguard,and the remains of pink bike stuck between the right rear dual tyres....indicates to me he was to the right of the truck, not undertaking on the left...wai2.gif

Maybe he was going for an overtake and didnt time it right? Both parties will most likely lie to the police anyway.wink.png Guess we'll never know.

• Like 1

Could be you're correct, but I'm still not sure.

Just checked all relevant websites I could find, and only found reference to red/white striped as 'no parking'. Did not see any reference at all to yellow/white striped, and also don't recall seeing them anywhere here.

Just checked all relevant websites I could find, and only found reference to red/white striped as 'no parking'. Did not see any reference at all to yellow/white striped, and also don't recall seeing them anywhere here.

I recently translated the Thai highway code for someone, i remember this one. It means stopping is allowed but no waiting. Found some pics, ones in Phuketpost-141789-0-87911000-1368598143_thumb.

post-141789-0-96508000-1368598247_thumb.

Edited by Paangjang

I recently translated the Thai highway code for someone, i remember this one. It means stopping is allowed but no waiting. Found some pics, ones in Phuketattachicon.gifphuket.jpg

attachicon.gifyellow white.jpg

Thanks.