Cursor Problem

MichaelSong

Hi, I bought a Dell inspiron a couple of months ago , and since last week I have this problem: when the cursor is moved over links or buttons, it starts them automatically without pressing the enter button. This is very annoying , like mails are sent before finishing etc. , just by accidentely moving the cursor over the send button. Is this a hardware or software problem, can I fix it myself ? If hardware , what service can I expect from Dell , all I could do is hand over the pc to the shop where I bought it , it should be still under warranty.

Google is your friend! I just found this:

Start> In search box type Ease of access> Enter> Make the mouse easier to use> Under Make it easier to manage windows> Uncheck Activate a windows by hovering over it with the mouse

Have a look here:

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/134866-roll-over-effect.html

Not sure if this is your problem, but it looks like it.

What a wonderful new feature the guys at Mountain View have added. So useful! biggrin.png

Assuming you are using a mouse rather than the track pad, worth trying another mouse.

They tend to die - at least they don't stink - after decent use. AA

I have the problem with both mouse and pad. The Activate a windows by hovering over it with the mouse was not checked , so I cheked it, just to see what happens, and the problem seems to be solved now !

Thanks