Nation U Launches English Camp For Students

Nation U launches English camp for students
The Nation

30206159-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Nation University (Nation U) in Bangkok is hosting an English camp to help students improve their English-language skills - a qualification required of all graduating students.

The two-day camp kicked off yesterday under the concept "Colour Your Life and Colour Your English" in a ceremony presided over by Nation Multimedia Group's editor-in-chief Thepchai Yong.

As part of the introduction, senior students led their younger schoolmates in an English-language sing-along session. The camp requires participants to communicate in English at all times.

"Newsline" is one of the six learning zones set up to help students learn about reporting. Students get to work in groups with one being chosen to play the part of a reporter, while the rest become the subject. This fun, roleplaying session aims to help students get comfortable with the English language.

Titecha Promsu, a lecturer from Nation U's International Language Institute, said the camp was aimed at helping students lose their fear of the English language by getting them to participate in fun activities so they learn the language is not as difficult as they think. She also urged students to try and use English in their daily lives.

Nation U in Bangkok's Bang Na district will also hold an open house on Sunday from 9am to noon for students who have already applied for places at the university as well as those who are interested to see classes conducted by professionals.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-05-15

Where/How/When could a Native English Speaker volunteer to assist?

Umm...At The Nation University ... perhaps!

Why you would want to is anybodies guess.. Jumped up Private Uni.

Also you would have thought that after 2-4 years at the University's English language institute they wouldn't need to "lose their fear of the English language"

• Like 2

YES! I too would love to volunteer my time helping young, nubile, naive, possibly wealthy, university girls- *ahem* i mean students. wink.png

Edited by JeffreyWitty
  • Like 1

There should be many Native English speaking guests circulating amongst the students casually chatting to them .

These guests could be volunteers with time on their hands so it would be interesting for all.

In the past, i have done this with school children and am sure that they have all benefited.

Edited by oldsailor35

Also you would have thought that after 2-4 years at the University's English language institute they wouldn't need to "lose their fear of the English language"

Why are you so negative ?

Why are you so negative ?
Not negative just realistic. After 12 years of English in school before going to university they should be OK with English. These 2 day English camps are a promo for the private fee paying university. That's it.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6