'splash Out' Thai Music Video Gets 8.6M Youtube Views

george

Indistinguishable (except for language) from all the K-pop crap we've been assaulted with for the last few years. The disease spreads. [p.s. I actually enjoy a lot of Thai rock and luktung, but definitely not this vapid stuff].

Indistinguishable (except for language) from all the K-pop crap we've been assaulted with for the last few years. The disease spreads. [p.s. I actually enjoy a lot of Thai rock and luktung, but definitely not this vapid stuff].

I don't think your know your K-pop very well if you think is indistinguishable from it. True, Thais attempt to copy K-Pop, but the industry lacks any of the money of the K-Pop conglomerates. The music is nothing like k-pop, the "mixed" group nothing like k-pop groups, and the video ... is a Thai video. Lacks any of the sophistication of the k-pop money-making machine. If you think its crap, thats fine, its designed to be "sexy and fashionable" - hence you will see k-pop on every Samsung TV worldwide. You won't see this video outside Thailand

<p>I actually like it a lot and think the quality is very good. And this is coming from a 68 y.o. Yank who was weaned on, and still loves, good ole rock-n-roll ... and still likes to dance. But as they say, if you don't like the modern pop music then maybe you're too old. When I'm asked what kind of music I enjoy, I usually say "While I have my favorites, I still like anything that's good quality." Hell, I even like rap, albeit only about 5% of it.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>You know, it's funny and interesting that each older generation has the same critical complaint about modern music ... "It all sounds the same to me." That's what your parents said about your young-generation's music, and that's what most older people say about today's modern music. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>BTW, for me, the problem with most K-Pop is it's way too polished. Thus it comes off as rather sterile and boring. Actually I think modern Thai pop (T-Pop?) is fresher and more cutting edge than K-Pop.</p>

Edited by HerbalEd
  • Like 2

I couldn't help myself. As with a train wreck, I watched the whole five minutes unfold. As with a train wreck, everything seemed to unfold in slow motion and it seemed to last interminably long.

Where are the ThaiVisa instructions on how to unwatch this?

T

I don't really like the video at all, and song is just okay.

Video : Costume designs, hair styles, the arm dance, the actual content of the video....not good. Costumes and dancing are just horrible.

Song : Needs more vocals and less of the electro music. The females have nice voices but the song doesn't really let them show off their voices. The rap part sounds like some Korean k-pop crap. I mean it literally sounds like Korean.

I thought it's a wonderfully infectious campy mv.... a worthy viral hit after Gangnam Style (Psy's Gentleman was pretty weak and disappointing). I have watched this inventive thai mv many times already.... very addictive. Love the dance moves!

I took the time to translate the lyrics and found out about the hidden meaning behind some of the words in the song. It's actually quite a funny tune if you know what's going on. The music's a bit generic but I can see why this song's so popular now. It's got a naughty feel to it that the younger generation will love. It's also raunchy enough to generate enough controversy for further publicity. Basically, it's a well made song aimed at hitting the charts!

If you want to read the lyrics yourself, I've added the translation and the explanation to my blog. Might help you enjoy the tune a bit more! smile.png