I Noticed A Guy Staring At My Old Honda 2 Stroke.

Jimi007

^^

Eesat;

a 1972 KH750 for sale in Motor Cycle News?whistling.gif

http://www.motorcycl.../R-NXGN-3060119

I dont really care either way, but they are as wrong as you are..you canwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif as much as you like..accept it and move on..coffee1.gif

FACT:There was no such beast as a KH750..The KH prefix came in, only after the H2 MachIV 750 ceased production in '75-76

Multiple examples proving you're talking utter nonsense,accept it and move on why don't you?coffee1.gif

I think MCN know just a little bit more about motorbikes than you,don't you?rolleyes.gif

I'm afraid Eesat, Mr AA is 100% correct on the years and models, there was never a KH750, they where a fantastic 3 barrel machine for there time, but no 750cc, so it looks like Mr AA has the last cheesy.gif, and you have been beatdeadhorse.gif , come on Eesat say sorry.gif to Mr AA, don't be a passifier.gif , but i still 402.gif

You said it all..Bpop..

What an utter pair of Clowns,so everyone's selling parts and whole bikes that don't exist are they?rolleyes.gif

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

^^

Eesat;

I dont really care either way, but they are as wrong as you are..you canwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif as much as you like..accept it and move on..coffee1.gif

FACT:There was no such beast as a KH750..The KH prefix came in, only after the H2 MachIV 750 ceased production in '75-76

Multiple examples proving you're talking utter nonsense,accept it and move on why don't you?coffee1.gif

I think MCN know just a little bit more about motorbikes than you,don't you?rolleyes.gif

I'm afraid Eesat, Mr AA is 100% correct on the years and models, there was never a KH750, they where a fantastic 3 barrel machine for there time, but no 750cc, so it looks like Mr AA has the last cheesy.gif, and you have been beatdeadhorse.gif , come on Eesat say sorry.gif to Mr AA, don't be a passifier.gif , but i still 402.gif

Glad to see that this never existed. Damned dirty, smelly and noisy beasts.kh_750.bmp.

Fun to ride though.

A snippet from Mr wiki:

The first Kawasaki triple was the 500 cc H1 Mach III, introduced in late 1968.[1] The original H1 was unique for using a CDI ignition which operated through an automotive style distributor. The H1 offered a high power-to-weight ratio for the time, but had generally poor handling and weak drum brakes front and rear. It was the quickest production motorcycle at the time. When motorcycle journalists[which?] expressed disbelief, Kawasaki suggested they take a new H1 to a dragstrip. Using a regular production model with only 7 miles (11 kilometres) on it, Tony Nicosia, a Kawasaki test rider, ran the quarter mile (402 m) in 12.96 seconds at 100.7 miles per hour (162.1 kilometres per hour) for the press to witness. The official figure was 12.4 seconds by Mike Wenzel—quite believable on a well run in machine.[citation needed] Tony Nicosia set many world records with Kawasaki triples over the following years, including some[which?] land speed records at Bonneville Salt Flats.[citation needed]

In 1972, the 750 cc Kawasaki H2 Mach IV was introduced and was essentially a scaled-up version of the H1 500.[2] A stock H2 was rated at 12.0 seconds for the quarter mile (402 m). Updated with more power and better front disc brakes, the H2 became the undisputed king of the streets,[clarification needed] even beating legendary muscle cars of the era such as the Plymouth Hemi Cuda. It was notoriously dangerous, being prone to up-and-over wheelies and speed wobbles. The dangerous handling characteristics arising from its mediocre frame design caused it to be nicknamed the "Widowmaker" by motorcycle enthusiasts of the 1970s.[citation needed

Jerry

here some 2 strokes in my bar. Suzuki T 500 and 250 and Kawasaki 750 triple.some other classics z 900 ,cb 750 and xs 650.i am near airport.we also play pool and chess here.besides talk about the good old times we drink some beers.rengdengdeng

Its so funny about Thai people and buying and selling bikes. I remember a few years ago a friend of mine got a 92 VFR400 and the first day him and me were testing out the bike. We went out to the noodle stall and parked the bike next to the table. Some dudes came by and took a look and they're already asking if my buddy was gonna sell it. It eventually got to a point where my buddy made a sticker saying "not for sale, please dont ask" and stuck it on his bike.

^^

Eesat;

Glad to see that this never existed. Damned dirty, smelly and noisy beasts.attachicon.gifkh_750.bmp.

Fun to ride though.

A snippet from Mr wiki:

The first Kawasaki triple was the 500 cc H1 Mach III, introduced in late 1968.[1] The original H1 was unique for using a CDI ignition which operated through an automotive style distributor. The H1 offered a high power-to-weight ratio for the time, but had generally poor handling and weak drum brakes front and rear. It was the quickest production motorcycle at the time. When motorcycle journalists[which?] expressed disbelief, Kawasaki suggested they take a new H1 to a dragstrip. Using a regular production model with only 7 miles (11 kilometres) on it, Tony Nicosia, a Kawasaki test rider, ran the quarter mile (402 m) in 12.96 seconds at 100.7 miles per hour (162.1 kilometres per hour) for the press to witness. The official figure was 12.4 seconds by Mike Wenzel—quite believable on a well run in machine.[citation needed] Tony Nicosia set many world records with Kawasaki triples over the following years, including some[which?] land speed records at Bonneville Salt Flats.[citation needed]

In 1972, the 750 cc Kawasaki H2 Mach IV was introduced and was essentially a scaled-up version of the H1 500.[2] A stock H2 was rated at 12.0 seconds for the quarter mile (402 m). Updated with more power and better front disc brakes, the H2 became the undisputed king of the streets,[clarification needed] even beating legendary muscle cars of the era such as the Plymouth Hemi Cuda. It was notoriously dangerous, being prone to up-and-over wheelies and speed wobbles. The dangerous handling characteristics arising from its mediocre frame design caused it to be nicknamed the "Widowmaker" by motorcycle enthusiasts of the 1970s.[citation needed

Jerry

A snippet from Mr wiki: great!!..but doesn't mention KH 750 anywhere...

But the part you ''forgot" to post from Mr Wiki does...;

Kawasaki triple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_triple‎

The Kawasaki triples were a range of 250 cc to 750 cc motorcycles Kawasaki exported from 1969 to 1980 ... The H2 ceased production in 1975, and the model line became the KH series in 1976 ....

Read it slowly;.... H2 750 ceased in 1975 yes?

The KH series started in 1976.Yes?

Therefore..Impossible to have a KH 750..Yes? coffee1.gif

The Kawasaki triples were a range of 250 cc to 750 cc motorcycles Kawasaki exported from 1969 to 1980 ... The H2 ceased production in 1975, and the model line became the KH series in 1976 ....

Based on the common source of material we both used, I have to agree with you. In my haste to post a comment before I went out, I made a total hash of it.

Post in haste,repent at leisure.

In 1974, both I and a friend bought new 750cc bikes which were triples. He bought the Kawasaki and I bought a Triumph and we used to rib each other about which was the best bike, all the time. Up until today I would unequivocally have said that the Kawasaki was a KH750, if I was asked.

Deep down I'm not 100% convinced that it wasn't. but I can't find anything to support my gut feeling other than; one was developed but not produced.

Jerry

Based on the common source of material we both used, I have to agree with you. In my haste to post a comment before I went out, I made a total hash of it.

Post in haste,repent at leisure.

In 1974, both I and a friend bought new 750cc bikes which were triples. He bought the Kawasaki and I bought a Triumph and we used to rib each other about which was the best bike, all the time. Up until today I would unequivocally have said that the Kawasaki was a KH750, if I was asked.

Deep down I'm not 100% convinced that it wasn't. but I can't find anything to support my gut feeling other than; one was developed but not produced.

Jerry

You're welcome...deep down, you can rest assured....Obviously a few people advertise them and parts as KH..not a big deal but factually incorrect.thumbsup.gif

• 4 weeks later...

WOW! Hummmm...you're bragging about a piece of old junk. I thought you were joking at first.

I hate those bikes...smoke everywhere. Time to upgrade and buy a real motorcycle, and not a scooter.

Yeah, you really know a lot about bikes... Welcome to the forum...