Breaking Up With Girlfriend, Big Ooops ?

situation : I am back in US since 6 weeks, travelling, visiting friends and family, taking care of financials,the wholenineyards!

I am realizing that I love my single life, I can do what I want, going for a jog or a beachwalk at 7 in the morning, play as much golf as I want, taking a nap in the sun, drinking with friends without driving involved and it goes on and on, ok no sex on daily bases but also no naging, no rolling eyes, no special look and no arguments, no silly thai tv shows etc, so I came to the conclusion, because I love to be single again ( with all the independance ) I should break up with my gf for two years ( she was talking to much about marriage lately, in anyway ), yes she is good looking and nice (kind of) (most of the time) BUT.........

gf is in anyway just a joke, live in maid with benefits would be more precise, room and board and allowance in exchange for different services

Question is : how should I do it, quick, easy and painless ( for me) moneywise and no stabbing or cut of littleman ( we heard the horror stories ) anybody was in the same situation? stories would be appreciated !! Thanks

• Like 2

I'm wondering if the OP is a native English speaker. I don't say that as an insult. I admire people who learn a new language. But his syntax reminds me of a German who has learned English.

OP? How long will you be in the US? Do you still have a residence leased or purchased in LOS and if so, what are your obligations there? The girlfriend lives in that?

If you have a girlfriend living with you in a place in LOS where you are obligated to pay, you have to figure out how to handle that part first.

And no, I wouldn't want a live in girlfriend. We have another very LOS experienced member here who pointed out a lot of good reasons to me, and you may be facing one.

I'm wondering if the OP is a native English speaker. I don't say that as an insult. I admire people who learn a new language. But his syntax reminds me of a German who has learned English.

OP? How long will you be in the US? Do you still have a residence leased or purchased in LOS and if so, what are your obligations there? The girlfriend lives in that?

If you have a girlfriend living with you in a place in LOS where you are obligated to pay, you have to figure out how to handle that part first.

And no, I wouldn't want a live in girlfriend. We have another very LOS experienced member here who pointed out a lot of good reasons to me, and you may be facing one.

never sure, pretty smart a**s, originally from germania, in US for 15 years, in the kingdom on and of but more permanent

in the last 3 years because I am 53 now and have the financials to get the right visa, the gf/maid lives with me, when I am in los but this gets really boring, btw rented house ( 2 br/2bathroom, small pool with a little green ) still have my balls,

just looking for some inputwai2.gif

You ought to tell your Mom that you've been naughty again and stop fantasising about girls until you're at least 15 years old... coffee1.gif

you never told your mom, didnt you? and you are still dreaming,but your dreams are a nightmareclap2.gif

Edited by deesamui

Just tell her straight...

You say you're financially sound so just bung her a nice lump sum, pay the rent on the house for her for a few months as severance and you'll be sorted...

You can donate my relationship counselor's fee to charity...

better have some drinks, when I am back

Just tell her directly to be sincere with her, not buy the time for both is you guys. If she loves you do my h, she cans wait and understand you if not,she will say "good bye". Living alone is sound weird and loneliness but it's more healthy with your mind to do what you want, and love yourself more.

Just tell her directly to be sincere with her, not buy the time for both is you guys. If she loves you do my h, she cans wait and understand you if not,she will say "good bye". Living alone is sound weird and loneliness but it's more healthy with your mind to do what you want, and love yourself more.

wow, what is thatsick.gif

The first thing you might want to consider before telling her you want to break off is what the fall out might be. Is your gf emotionally mature enough to accept it without making problems or is she, like so many Thai ladies upon hearing this type of news from a bf, likely to turn into a vengeful beast? The potential for many of them to turn nasty certainly exists when loss of face and loss of a step up is considered. If she's the type likely not to take it well it would be better for your health to stay clear of her once you've told her. As one poster has already said, you can soften the blow with a financial donation. The most important thing is that once you've told her don't, as so many here are prone to do, get sucked into dropping by for a shag every now again. If you're going to make a break, make it clean and final. Move to another area, change your phone number and don't be accessible. Good Luck.

• Like 1

SMS, "raow jop gan ker nee naa" translates as "we are finished together as far as I am concerned", sorry can't do thai script for you in this forum.

Don't contact her again, don't meet her again, don't answer any messages or phone calls, chuck your SIM and get a new one.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

You shouldn't directly tell her about your situation.You shoudl give her a truthful explanation.Show her that you've given it some thought, and offer her some facts to back it up. Don't be aggressive or combative. When explaining the reasons for a breakup, don't talk about other relationships. Your relationship is your own, and breaking up isn't about comparing your relationship to anyone else's. You should offer to talk with her at a later time if she has any questions.Unless you've decided that it's absolutely the best to not talk after the breakup, give her the option of discussing things when the situation is a little more calm.

You shouldn't directly tell her about your situation.You shoudl give her a truthful explanation.Show her that you've given it some thought, and offer her some facts to back it up. Don't be aggressive or combative. When explaining the reasons for a breakup, don't talk about other relationships. Your relationship is your own, and breaking up isn't about comparing your relationship to anyone else's. You should offer to talk with her at a later time if she has any questions.Unless you've decided that it's absolutely the best to not talk after the breakup, give her the option of discussing things when the situation is a little more calm.

giggle.gif You did read the part about his girlfriend being Thai right? 90% of Thai girls wouldn't care if you gave it some thought. Yes, its the land of smiles but it is also the land of seething anger, contridictions and ability to think logically, ratiionally and carry one a real conversation without just shutting down when they don't understand or can't answer your question. 6 out of 10 times you ask a question here the answer will be "mai roo"facepalm.gif The only question he will here is how much money are you going to give me to leave.tongue.png

giggle.gif You did read the part about his girlfriend being Thai right? 90% of Thai girls wouldn't care if you gave it some thought. Yes, its the land of smiles but it is also the land of seething anger, contridictions and lack of ability to think logically, ratiionally and carry on a real conversation without just shutting down when they don't understand or can't answer your question. 6 out of 10 times you ask a question here the answer will be "mai roo"facepalm.gif The only question he will here is how much money are you going to give me to leave.tongue.png

giggle.gif You did read the part about his girlfriend being Thai right? 90% of Thai girls wouldn't care if you gave it some thought. Yes, its the land of smiles but it is also the land of seething anger, contridictions and lack of ability to think logically, ratiionally and carry on a real conversation without just shutting down when they don't understand or can't answer your question. 6 out of 10 times you ask a question here the answer will be "mai roo"facepalm.gif The only question he will hear is how much money are you going to give me to leave.tongue.png

If you don't want to hurt her (or be hurt by her) why don't you just act like a real stingy a**hole. She will probably decide to leave you pretty quickly. Or you could tell her that you had serious problems while in the USA and lost all your money including future earnings, etc., things are going to be really tight and she may even have to support you financially. If she understands the situation, I bet she will be gone within days.

Those are not serious suggestions, BTW. Obviously, you should just be honest and tell her you want and need to be single again. If you have been providing for her financially, you should do the right thing and make sure she has a few months worth of money and rent paid, etc.